The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Destiny

Drouin

Lame the beta ends today :( back to Titanfall for now... The wait for Destiny and Nhl will be killer. Maybe that'll make summer feel longer!

What? I was just starting to really get into it at Level 7.

Have a Level 6 Hunter and made a Warlock to a Level 7. Liking the Warlock more.

I wanted to push it to 8 before the Beta ended.

What? I was just starting to really get into it at Level 7.

Have a Level 6 Hunter and made a Warlock to a Level 7. Liking the Warlock more.

I wanted to push it to 8 before the Beta ended.

I know it sucks :(

Yeah Warlock is my preferred class as well. I started off as a Hunter and once I went Warlock I loved it. Titan was my least favourite by far.

Will this be a game I can pkay for an hour or two evety few days and still make it places or does this game require some major commitment?

Missions range from 15 to 30 minutes. You'll easily make headway playing the campaign and 10 min crucible games for that long.

Having played the beta, I can honestly say, I have no idea what the hype is about. Nor why the budget was supposedly $500m. It's an okay game, but it's basically a cross of Titanfall/COD/BF/Halo in a new setting, with larger scope for exploring. I'd rather get NHL 15 and play it for twice as long than have to share time with this. Baffling as to why people are raving about it.

Missions range from 15 to 30 minutes. You'll easily make headway playing the campaign and 10 min crucible games for that long.

Thanks for the answer man. If its like this in any way ill be grabbing it for sure. I've seen trailers and read reviews so I'm sold.

Thanks for the answer man. If its like this in any way ill be grabbing it for sure. I've seen trailers and read reviews so I'm sold.

If you only plan to play minimal amounts of time, stay away from Player vs. Player then. You'll get wrecked by all the high level gear (unless the final version has some low level only playlist)

Co-Op is easy to pick up and drop though.

Edited by Lups

If you only plan to play minimal amounts of time, stay away from Player vs. Player then. You'll get wrecked by all the high level gear (unless the final version has some low level only playlist)

Co-Op is easy to pick up and drop though.

Sounds a lot like wow. Its all good then, I never enjoyed the PvP aspect at all. I just like running around doing quests.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait for Destiny...Sure it isn't really bringing too many new ideas to the fold. Sort of Recycling Borderlands game model for co-op and the PvP is pretty standard...I do like the way other players can drift in and out of your campaign or help out when an Alien Boss drops into the game.

The only thing that dissapoints me is by the sounds of it the Space exploration has been severely cut back. I was really looking forward to flying thru the galaxy like in Mass Effect, or maybe even having space dogfights like in X-Wing or Privateer.

All in all tho I love the world and the smoothness of the gameplay...I pre-ordered the Destiny PS4 bundle, pretty stoked

• 2 weeks later...

I never even tried Titan. I did Hunter originally, then went to Warlock and had more fun with that.

Nothing wrong with the Hunter, as I loved it as well.

I'll be going Warlock when I start.

Hunter looks awesome if only for the ultimate - gold gun. I guess they all have their own individual perks.

In continuing this internal debate about which class to take I stumbled upon a few videos which compare their perks in both PvE and Pvp modes.

Basically:

PvE:

1. Warlock

2. Titan

3. Hunter

PvP:

1. Hunter

2. Warlock

3. Titan

I guess in this respect Warlock is the most balanced. One week till the midnight release!

You can head over to your near EB Games and pre-order there and get a free Destiny Poster aswell.

You can head over to your near EB Games and pre-order there and get a free Destiny Poster aswell.

Poster? God, is that who they are marketing it towards, the poster crowd?

Anyways, a few people have said EB... I'll head over there in the morning.