The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Destiny

Drouin

Planning on grabbing my Xbone tomorrow and grabbing this with the bestbuy free game with console deal.

Have a small group of friends to play with this that I loved beta, hopefully Bungie does something to help with public communication and finding public fireteams

This game is awesome. Initially, everything's a little confusing, and Bungie doesn't actually explain how much either; I found it all really overwhelming when I first go the Tower because they send you there, but you can't actually buy anything. I never played the Beta, so this was all new to me (I guess the assumption here is that people played the Beta?).

Nevertheless, great game; this going to be the template for shooters in the future. Honestly, this game could keep gamers invested and playing for thousands of hours. I do like how it staggers activities, and if you want to finish higher level missions you have to play into the Crucible to rank up. I also like that, unlike other games, they've not been stingy with the compensation-- you can level up pretty quickly and get enough "glimmer" to buy most of the items you want. In contrast, GTA V for example, really made you work for your money to such a degree that there was rampant mission farming, which to me totally defeats the purpose of levelling system.

I also don't get the criticisms that visually, this game looks bad. This is a great looking game-- from the weapons to the environments, everything look glorious, and I've had no frame rate issues thus far. The only aspect that could be improved is character models, which look kinda crappy when you're at the Tower.

Anyway, if you're confused or getting smoked early on in the game, don't despair, as you level up it will get better/easier. Also, note: if you're trying to figure out why you cannot unlock legendary gear, it's because you need to be at least Level 18. Once there, you start to receive currency (Crucible or Vanguard marks) for playing in the Crucible or doing strike missions.

Ah, I over did it. Played 8+ hours today and 2 hours after the release last night. I insist on doing hard mode, so I'm well leveled past the story mode. Still I got a point where after like 10 tries had to quit on this bad ass cyclops dude. Full solar shield and orange hp bar. Hardcore.

Anyways, I've enjoyed pvp the most. Hunter class just ruins, absolutely dominant with swarm grenades and throwing knives. Just got the chains of woe perk, which enables fast reload following precision kills, AND it stacks! Absolutely ridiculous dominance.

Dont go x1. Ps4 is the more popular system in addition to having the better processor and GDDR3 ram. It also has more exclusives coming than Xbox, which really only has the Halo series. All this at a better price point too. But w.e if a kinect sensor that you're never going to use is your thing then go right ahead.

As per destiny, people seem to be concerned about the fast leveling affecting the longevity of the game, but I don't think that's likely. This game is pure end game anyway, with customizable legendary gear and in game events, I have to think Destiny will be around a while. In addition to this there is the 2 expansion packs coming as early as January, which would lengthen the experience.

Thats not right anymore, the x1 without kinect is 399.99 where the ps4 is 449.99... Xbox is cheaper, by $50

Just saying...

Ya, for those disecting my ps4/ xbox1 comments, I was referring to when I personally bought back in Nov 2013, the PS4 was 100$ cheaper than xb1 and didn't have crap you wouldn't use. Anyways, that's all I'll say on the subject, as I've been avoiding sidetracking the thread.

---

I just hit level 20!!!! I love this game so much, so much to do, and you unlock even more stuff to do at level 20 - from which I will not give away. I'm sure many of you have hit 15 by now and unlocked the second subclass, and I have to say this just adds to the fun. I went hunter, and what I thought was pure pvp in the gunslinger subclass, gets the addition of nice pve elements in the blade dancer class, from which your super turns into an episode 2 Yoda on crack. You have the option to switch between these classes as needed, and of course you have to put in the time leveling up the different perks.

This game just keeps getting better, and I keep finding little tunnels and cracks that lead to separate boss rooms. It'll take a long time to master.

Thats not right anymore, the x1 without kinect is 399.99 where the ps4 is 449.99... Xbox is cheaper, by $50

Just saying...

Unless its different for Canadians both consoles are $399 in the US. (Based on the responses I assume it's different for the countries though)

Though if I was to flame Xbox a bit a lot of the exclusives they market just end up on PC anyway. Games like Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse were all said to be exclusives but later were announced for PC.

Though to avoid the platform war this game runs the same specs on both. Though the PS4 does have more power for the games that push the limit for those that are concerned with resolution and frame rate numbers in general. But it not by much. A game that struggles on 1 console struggles on both.

Ah, I over did it. Played 8+ hours today and 2 hours after the release last night. I insist on doing hard mode, so I'm well leveled past the story mode. Still I got a point where after like 10 tries had to quit on this bad ass cyclops dude. Full solar shield and orange hp bar. Hardcore.

Anyways, I've enjoyed pvp the most. Hunter class just ruins, absolutely dominant with swarm grenades and throwing knives. Just got the chains of woe perk, which enables fast reload following precision kills, AND it stacks! Absolutely ridiculous dominance.

Dont go x1. Ps4 is the more popular system in addition to having the better processor and GDDR3 ram. It also has more exclusives coming than Xbox, which really only has the Halo series. All this at a better price point too. But w.e if a kinect sensor that you're never going to use is your thing then go right ahead.

As per destiny, people seem to be concerned about the fast leveling affecting the longevity of the game, but I don't think that's likely. This game is pure end game anyway, with customizable legendary gear and in game events, I have to think Destiny will be around a while. In addition to this there is the 2 expansion packs coming as early as January, which would lengthen the experience.

me and 2 buddies took on the Cyclops thing last night. Took 1 straight hour to off him without all of us dying. Glad when it was over

IS the game like the Beta, where a horde comes at you, you can retreat to a certain point and they stop there?

It depends on the enemy type and location. Overworld areas allow you to retreat far enough to stop aggro but mission areas usually set the boundaries well enough that you can't stay in the open. Some of the enemies not in the beta are relentless, giving you little room to breathe.

Can anyone give their opinion on the game and the pros and cons? Considering buying it but not sure.

It's a solid game but can be a little repetitive. I haven't played it as much as others, as I'm only Level 10 but I haven't been bored with it yet as others have stated.

The game looks great graphically and there's a bunch of different weapons for which type you feel like choosing.

PvP is pretty fun with their different game modes and there seems to be a good amount of different armor types as well.

There is multiplayer, but not much really happens unless you set it up yourself. They have it so you'll see people in the areas you are in, but it seems like most of the team people are doing their own thing and I just end up doing everything solo.

Can anyone give their opinion on the game and the pros and cons? Considering buying it but not sure.

I have 2 characters, 1 Warlock @ lev. 21 and 1 Titan @ lev.20

First thing you need to consider is that the version of Destiny that shipped on Tues. is part 1 in an ambitious plan by Bungie to add on to this game and world for the next 10 years to come.

As of right now the game itself has alot to offer, but with there being only 4 worlds and a handful of levels and strikes per world, you end up replaying areas over and over. Now these areas do change with difficulty, ie. Different enemy spawn intensity per Lev.

This game has a roleplaying element and a loot system that wil potentially make you angry. On both of Characters I have yet to find a Legendary or Exotic. TO be fair tho I stopped playing on my Lev. 21 to finish up the Lev. 20 titan and you don't start getting the good stuff until Lev. 20.

So with the story being fairly short. (you could potentially finish the game story in 8-10 hrs) and the good loot and fun challeges opening up at Le. 20, you can look foward to doing daily bounties for XP and Faction points, Weekly and Daily Heroic missions or Strikes for special gear and rare items and spend time gettin gud at the exceptional MP...The MP is really fun for me. I am not a COD player and havn't played COmpetetive MP since the original Counter Strike. This is diff. but def. fun.

so the TL;DR version

you get out what you put into the game, but the great controls and fun gameplay (esp. MP) warrant a purchase, especially if you like the world and are excited for more content in the future

The bosses in this game are huge bullet sponges.

I hate artificial difficulty like that.

Yea I agree...I am interested to see what Bungie does with the Vault of Glass Raid, even tho I am nowhere near ready for it. Lev. 22 Titan Striker and Lev. 21 Warlock sunsinger

The game is fun as hell but def. repetitive like an MMo...

Huge Boss Sponge, thrash mob wave x 3, end mission... Decrypt Legendary Engram, receive green shottie....and repeat

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/09/16/destinys-vault-of-glass-raid-has-been-beaten

Apparently, the first raid has already been beaten. I read somewhere it took north of 10 hours to complete for them to complete.

By calculating the [six] members' kill-death ratios, the total amount of deaths works out to about 1,605. The clan called it the "single most challenging" experience the members have had as gamers.