The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Destiny

Drouin

Ah, I over did it. Played 8+ hours today and 2 hours after the release last night. I insist on doing hard mode, so I'm well leveled past the story mode. Still I got a point where after like 10 tries had to quit on this bad ass cyclops dude. Full solar shield and orange hp bar. Hardcore.

Anyways, I've enjoyed pvp the most. Hunter class just ruins, absolutely dominant with swarm grenades and throwing knives. Just got the chains of woe perk, which enables fast reload following precision kills, AND it stacks! Absolutely ridiculous dominance.

So...is this game any good? I'm hearing a lot of good and bad things about. I'm getting my XB1 next month when the white one comes out and I wonder if this game is still going to be relevant by then...

Dont go x1. Ps4 is the more popular system in addition to having the better processor and GDDR3 ram. It also has more exclusives coming than Xbox, which really only has the Halo series. All this at a better price point too. But w.e if a kinect sensor that you're never going to use is your thing then go right ahead.

As per destiny, people seem to be concerned about the fast leveling affecting the longevity of the game, but I don't think that's likely. This game is pure end game anyway, with customizable legendary gear and in game events, I have to think Destiny will be around a while. In addition to this there is the 2 expansion packs coming as early as January, which would lengthen the experience.

Ah, I over did it. Played 8+ hours today and 2 hours after the release last night. I insist on doing hard mode, so I'm well leveled past the story mode. Still I got a point where after like 10 tries had to quit on this bad ass cyclops dude. Full solar shield and orange hp bar. Hardcore.

Anyways, I've enjoyed pvp the most. Hunter class just ruins, absolutely dominant with swarm grenades and throwing knives. Just got the chains of woe perk, which enables fast reload following precision kills, AND it stacks! Absolutely ridiculous dominance.

Dont go x1. Ps4 is the more popular system in addition to having the better processor and GDDR3 ram. It also has more exclusives coming than Xbox, which really only has the Halo series. All this at a better price point too. But w.e if a kinect sensor that you're never going to use is your thing then go right ahead.

As per destiny, people seem to be concerned about the fast leveling affecting the longevity of the game, but I don't think that's likely. This game is pure end game anyway, with customizable legendary gear and in game events, I have to think Destiny will be around a while. In addition to this there is the 2 expansion packs coming as early as January, which would lengthen the experience.

You do know that with the removal of the mandatory Kinect that the PS4 is now technically more expensive than the XB1 right? That being said, both systems are fine, I've already pre-ordered my white XB1 because of its features that suit me. PS4 exclusives aren't really intriguing to me, and never have been. And...I'll stop there, I don't want to derail the thread any further and start an XB1 vs. PS4 war.

Lol you're such a fanboy. Everyone has different tastes and destiny runs at the same resolution on both platforms. There's nothing wrong with X1. Sure you may not like it but don't force you're opinion on others. There's a lot of people who don't like PlayStation Edited by Xbox

I have been playing alot of crucicle and am leveling up 3 characters right away.

I have a lev. 13 Warlock, Lev. 8 Titan and a Lev. 6 Hunter.....I could see how someone could possibly not like the gameplay. I have found it repetitive solely because of leveling up 3 characters simultaneously, but if I was playing 1 character I don't think that I would have found it so grindy.

A good tip if you are interested in getting higher gear later on is to save your engrams until you are a higher level or have a higher rank with the cryptarch and you will have a better shot a higher gear.

The general review vibes seemed to be if you have regular friends you play with then you will probably like the game. If you play games alone then it's hit and miss depending on your preferred taste in games and skill level.

For me I am not overly into it solo but love playing in a squad with a few of my IRL friends. It's a good LAN party game.

Tried the beta and was thoroughly bored. Took too long to kill the bossss ( like hours) and repetitive.

Or to be more accurate boss fights took about 10 minutes. Give or take a few minutes depending on the difficulty and how decent your squad is.

I have been playing alot of crucicle and am leveling up 3 characters right away.

I have a lev. 13 Warlock, Lev. 8 Titan and a Lev. 6 Hunter.....I could see how someone could possibly not like the gameplay. I have found it repetitive solely because of leveling up 3 characters simultaneously, but if I was playing 1 character I don't think that I would have found it so grindy.

A good tip if you are interested in getting higher gear later on is to save your engrams until you are a higher level or have a higher rank with the cryptarch and you will have a better shot a higher gear.

Good to know, I just landed 2 rare pieces at lvl 14, cryptarch 2. The legendary gear I think will have to be earned. IM curious as to which vendor has the best stats for gear though. Even more stuff to master.

Good to know, I just landed 2 rare pieces at lvl 14, cryptarch 2. The legendary gear I think will have to be earned. IM curious as to which vendor has the best stats for gear though. Even more stuff to master.

fi and when you start another character you can also leave engrams in your vault for the other characters to unlock...so if you have a piece of armor that is suiting your needs and you would like to upgrade your other characters armor you can leave an encrypted engram in the vault and let your other character decode it...kind of like trading armor between classes.

The general review vibes seemed to be if you have regular friends you play with then you will probably like the game. If you play games alone then it's hit and miss depending on your preferred taste in games and skill level.

For me I am not overly into it solo but love playing in a squad with a few of my IRL friends. It's a good LAN party game.

Or to be more accurate boss fights took about 10 minutes. Give or take a few minutes depending on the difficulty and how decent your squad is.

I got to the boss and I was alone .. Trying to kill this flying ghost monster who would pop up and down and sporadically shoot lightning at me

Only played until level 5~ but so far have really enjoyed it. Not sure of the repetitiveness of the game that everyone is talking about, I guess there is to an extent. I'll see how it goes for the rest of the game.

Lol you're such a fanboy. Everyone has different tastes and destiny runs at the same resolution on both platforms. There's nothing wrong with X1. Sure you may not like it but don't force you're opinion on others. There's a lot of people who don't like PlayStation

The guy named Xbox is calling others a fan boy, lol

• Upvote 1

The guy named Xbox is calling others a fan boy, lol

I've never made a fanboy post. There's a user named PlayStation as well and I've never seen a fanboy post from him.

For the record I have a PC and Wii U as well.

Edited by Xbox