The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Corey Schneider is in play

All this goaltender talk resembles the acclaimed artwork of MC Escher. Those endless stairwells or waterfalls that somehow twist & turn away, yet ultimately bring us back to the start again.

Will this draft wknd imitate art?

Do you think the 'leak' that Cory Schneider is available is Gillis' last attempt at a hail mary? Gillis hoping that maybe that one or two teams who are interested in Luongo may feel pressured to act cuz Gillis 'might' trade Schneider instead ...

Schnedier for Couterier and first rounder makes a tonne of sense for both teams.

Edler to Carolina for their first rounder is also a great move for both teams. If not, ballard will get you a second rounder if the rumours that cobourn is fetching a second AND good prospect are true.

Nucks would reset the franchise for years to come with just these two moves and be under the cap.

Then I guess Schneider won't be traded to Edmonton if we're not getting one of the big 4 in return. If we trade Schneids to them without getting something signifigant back they'll win cup after cup after cup after cup for the next 5 years. Pretty sure Gillis knows better.

Schnedier for Couterier and first rounder makes a tonne of sense for both teams.

Edler to Carolina for their first rounder is also a great move for both teams. If not, ballard will get you a second rounder if the rumours that cobourn is fetching a second AND good prospect are true.

Nucks would reset the franchise for years to come with just these two moves and be under the cap.

I don't think its so much as Luongo not wanting to play in Vancouver, but feeling the need to let Schnieder take over the team. Luongo has been in denial about his goaltending ability ever since Game 7 of the cup final 2 years ago (For those who dont know it ended 4-0 bruins on canuck home ice) With Schneider gone Luo will once again be in the hot seat with all of Vancouver loving him one day and hating him the next. We all aw Luo feel so much more relaxed and playing so much more better simply because he didn't have to worry about the pressure of being the #1 goalie. This is a business, Schneider knew the complex planning it would take to move Luo and was/is prepared to move if Gillis goes down that road, which he probably will.

Good question. I think you would win in that case.

It's hard to say what Gillis' expectations are in a Luongo return.

Would he move Schneider because there is no interest, because he's not getting enough in return - or is this his way of saying no one is getting Luongo for free before he takes the best he can get for Luongo?

Luongo is in denial about his goaltending ability since Game 7 of the SCF? Give me a break. 8 goals in 7 games. Scoring has always been this team's problem. Lu has had his ups and big downs, but part of that meltdown mentality has to do with our douchebag coach AV never pulling a goalie when he is clearly off of his game. None of this meltdown 7uongo nonsense comes up if AV pulls Luongo sooner. .

Luongo has passed his prime, but I think he's still good enough for a Cup contending team...but I would only trade Schneider for an outstanding return. I don't know if the Oilers are serious about paying the price, but they should be. Schneider is in the Quick, Price, Rask kind of class, and that kind of goaltender does not hit the market very often.

Luongo has passed his prime, but I think he's still good enough for a Cup contending team...but I would only trade Schneider for an outstanding return. I don't know if the Oilers are serious about paying the price, but they should be. Schneider is in the Quick, Price, Rask kind of class, and that kind of goaltender does not hit the market very often.

Archived