The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Wow...that last page before this one.... How quickly people forget that Hunter Shinkaruk with a hip injury ALMOST made the Canucks. If it weren't for a certain bow hunting, 4.2 million making healthy scratch, he would have been on the team!!! That's pretty much unheard of for that low of a pick in the 1st round. Also, he almost made the world jrs. Probably would have if it weren't for his hip again.

Hunter is good. Really good! Has a great attitude as well!! I think when training camp comes in September, we will all be pleasantly surprised. Booth will be gone. Maybe even Higgins and/or Hansen. Kesler may also be gone and youth will be in full swing!!!

Wow...that last page before this one.... How quickly people forget that Hunter Shinkaruk with a hip injury ALMOST made the Canucks. If it weren't for a certain bow hunting, 4.2 million making healthy scratch, he would have been on the team!!! That's pretty much unheard of for that low of a pick in the 1st round. Also, he almost made the world jrs. Probably would have if it weren't for his hip again.

Hunter is good. Really good! Has a great attitude as well!! I think when training camp comes in September, we will all be pleasantly surprised. Booth will be gone. Maybe even Higgins and/or Hansen. Kesler may also be gone and youth will be in full swing!!!

He injured his hip in the 6th game of the WHL season.. which was after training camp.

Great potential, and has a decrt chance to make the team next year, or after a season in the A.

I'm pretty sure he hurt his hip after training camp in one of his junior games though.

Great potential, and has a decrt chance to make the team next year, or after a season in the A.

I'm pretty sure he hurt his hip after training camp in one of his junior games though.

He injured his hip in the 6th game of the WHL season.. which was after training camp.

I thought it was pre-existing and he further aggravated it that game?

Anyone confirm/deny?

Either way, I think Nose's larger point remains. He very likely wasn't 100% (regardless of which injury) and still made the coaching staff make a tough call. Another year or so, if he can stay healthy, and I think the kid is very promising.

Horvat's probably the most likely to make the jump next year but Shink's arguably our most exciting prospect IMO. I think a year in Utica just to give him the proper time to develop will have us salivating the year following. His skillset is tantalizing to say the least.

Either way, I think Nose's larger point remains. He very likely wasn't 100% (regardless of which injury) and still made the coaching staff make a tough call. Another year or so, if he can stay healthy, and I think the kid is very promising.

Horvat's probably the most likely to make the jump next year but Shink's arguably our most exciting prospect IMO. I think a year in Utica just to give him the proper time to develop will have us salivating the year following. His skillset is tantalizing to say the least.

i agree completely. he's our canadian version of patrick kane (by default that makes him way less douchey), with horvat being our toews

i agree completely. he's our canadian version of patrick kane (by default that makes him way less douchey), with horvat being our toews

I know you're just talking about player "types", but that's some very lofty expectations. I think we should be optimistic, but not put too much pressure on these guys. Even if they both make the lineup next year, they have a lot of learning up to do before they're impact players.

I know you're just talking about player "types", but that's some very lofty expectations. I think we should be optimistic, but not put too much pressure on these guys. Even if they both make the lineup next year, they have a lot of learning up to do before they're impact players.

If they can attain even half of those two players ceilings/accomplishments I'll be damn happy! ::D

FWIW I don't think Av was making a direct comparison. Right now I'd say both would optimistically project as "poor man" versions of those two players...but who knows...

Plus I'd say Shink trades a bit of outright skill for greater tenacity/grit.

If they can attain even half of those two players ceilings/accomplishments I'll be damn happy! ::D

FWIW I don't think Av was making a direct comparison. Right now I'd say both would optimistically project as "poor man" versions of those two players...but who knows...

Plus I'd say Shink trades a bit of outright skill for greater tenacity/grit.

half of their accomplishments being 1 stanley cup each? yeah, i'd be more than thrilled as well!

I reiterate... the hip injury was sustained during the 6th game of the WHL season.

According to Steve Ewen of the Vancouver Province, Shinkaruk injured his hip on the sixth game of the year, but kept it quiet in bid to make the world juniors. This is a true testament to the Vancouver Canucks first-round pick's character, dedication to the game and love for his country. Unfortunately for Shinkaruk, he won't get a second crack at representing Canada at the world juniors next year because of his late-1994 birthdate.

http://ca.sports.yah...-222633197.html

Archived