The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory thought he'd play here his whole career

Canuckler87

Just saw Duthies interview with Schnieds - he thought he'd be here his whole career. Was shocked at the trade when it happened. Loved the city and the fans, called it a great hockey city. Was not expecting this at all. I thought Gillis would've told the kid this beforehand, but guess not. Wishes Luo and the organization the best. And I know everyone here will miss & wish him the best. Class act! Went through a lot here but never let it faze him or affect his play.

whats with Gillis not communicating with is players? Same thing happened with Hodgson. Vigneault found out from someone in quebec that he was going to be fired. Now Schneider and Luongo both are caught off guard. What's with this clown? So classless and he's giving our organization a bad name

Any business run the way the Canucks are run would have employees with zero loyalty and desire to go all out for the leadership. The way we fire and trade people is pretty pathetic. This style of management reminds me of my company, treat employees with zero respect and guess what you won't have any loyalty or desire to achieve...

I remember in the 2011-12 season the New Jersey media and fans were all drooling over Schneider saying how they'd love to see them on their team.

Guess they got their wish. I wish Cory all the success, he was a great player here, and was always classy.

But yeah getting a 2nd rounder would have eased the pain a bit more. But some starting goaltenders were getting only 2nd round picks so..what can you do.

Archived