I'm still alright to smile

Lou, I think about you every day now

Was a time when I wasn't sure

But you set my mind at ease

There is no doubt you're in my heart now

Said Louie take it slow, and it'll work itself out fine

All we need is just a little patience

Said goalie make it slow and we'll come together fine

All we need is just a little patience (Patience)

Mm, yeah

I sit here on the stairs

'Cause I'd rather be alone

If I can't have you right now, I'll wait here

Sometimes I get so tense but I can't speed up the time

But you know love there's one more thing to consider

Said Louie take it slow and things will be just fine

You and I'll just use a little patience

Said goalie take the time 'cause the lights are shining bright

You and I've got what it takes to make it

We won't fake it, I'll never break it

'Cause I can't take it

Little patience, mm yeah, mm yeah

Need a little patience, yeah

Just a little patience, yeah

Some more patience, yeah (I've been walking the streets at night, just trying to get it right)

A little patience, yeah (Its hard to see with so many around.

You know I don't like being stuck in the crowd)

Could use some patience, yeah (And the streets don't change but maybe the names)

(I ain't got time for the game 'cause I need you)

Gotta have more patience, yeah (Yeah, yeah but I need you)

All need some patience (Ooh I need you, whoa I need you)

Just a little patience is all you need (Ooh, this time, ah)

In all honesty though, what are his options?

We aren't using a buyout on him, and no one else wants his services (or rather, no one wants his ugly contract) so it's not like he can demand a trade.

What else is he supposed to do. Van is his only option no?

Marleau... when did luongo say he wants to explore his options??? Ffs some guy tweeted that it doesn't mean that's what lui said.

Should I tweet Crosby to vancouver for the rights to Artemis chubarov?

Luongo is acting like a wuss, if you want to play hockey stop acting like a drama queen and go play in net. If you don't want to play retire. But don't act like a drama queen.

It is a business things are going to happen.

Would be nice for a change if members of the Vancouver media would publish false rumors to lower the morale of other teams players and staff rather than continually doing the same thing to members of their home town team.

Good job Montreal media, no one in western Canada gives a sh*t what you think!

How do you know this? He hasn't spoken publicly, so what? I wouldn't read too much into this.Besides, he knows that a good start in Vancouver could also mean that he starts for Team Canada in Sochi.

OK he's not being a drama queen or being dramatic.

He is exercising his right as a player to do just this.

After being thrown under the bus for a full season plus by Gillis and for 3-4 seasons straight by the media and the fans over the last few years as well I would be thinking about my options as well.

How do you come back from your GM saying "ya we are trading him Cory is our #1" hearing that for a full season or more then having every possible trade out for you nixed by greed or incompetence by the same GM who shafted you in the first place only to see your buddy the #1 traded much closer to your desired destination without you even being considered via phone call?

This is not a shock and anyone with half a brain saw this coming because this organization has treated the greatest goalie to ever wear our teams jersey like complete trash.

Luongo can admit he made a mistake signing that contract, Gillis refuses to. I have seen Gillis treat some of our favourite and best players like garbage over the last few years and this is no different. In a way I hope we find speedy resolution to this where we see Luongo come back with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. But there's another part of me that hopes he f*wks Gillis hard in the rump by not reporting just so he can see how it feels.

This is Luongos right to do this, he's been treated terribly. I don't like it or the possible outcome but I will not hold it against him anymore than I will hold it against Gillis

You honestly don't see any red flags in this?

Lou's response to Schnieder being dealt instead of him: "I'm not going to make any comment until I've talked to my agent," Why? Does he need his agent to negotiate a contract? Nope. He already has one. No red flag? Well what other reason would a player need to talk to his agent? Hmmmm.....not happy with his situation perhaps.

The owner flies out to talk to Lou.

Then the GM flies out to talk to Lou.

Then the new head coach flies out to talk to Lou.

Still no red flags?

Lou still remains silent after five days.

Still no red flags?

The silence is deafening and there's red flags all over this. It's seems pretty obvious Lou isn't happy about returning to Vancouver. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to sleuth that out of the events. And I rather doubt Sochi is particularly high in his thoughts right now. He already has Olympic gold.

After the bullsh!t that the NHL put us through as fans during the lockout because of boneheaded contracts like Luongos... he should be begging to play.

He and this team, and the NHL are lucky that any of us are even here arguing about this. It shows that they still have a fan base that cares.

Personally, if he wants to sit on his f&cking thumbs and stimulate his prostate all year, that's fine by me. Otherwise, he needs to buck up, shut up and get his ass back in net for another decade.

All of that said, my guess would be that he is fine, and this is media bullcrap at it's finest.

Well, that's a crappy situation for us to be in. I hope he bucks up and decides to play.

I have never uttered words such as these, but if Luongo won't play for Gillis, then get rid of Gillis. We need a goaltender.

I hope he can be smoothed over.

Dear Luongo

'Decide' to take a year off, get the Canucks 5.3 million in cap space.. re-join the team at the deadline when they have the cap space for you. Burn a year off the contract and do what's best for the team. Spend a few months in Florida with your family. Feel better, play like hell. Win a cup, play in Sochi.

Thanks,

Teemu.

In all honesty though, what are his options?

We aren't using a buyout on him, and no one else wants his services (or rather, no one wants his ugly contract) so it's not like he can demand a trade.

What else is he supposed to do. Van is his only option no?

Archived