The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks have re-signed Jordan Schroeder

AriGold

I think that one of the young kids is going to crack the lineup, just for the purposes of cap relief. Jensen has done his games, so he might be the first to stay, so it might be between one or two of Horvat, Gaunce or Lain. They have to start using these kids, and I'm hoping that Tortorella, will throw them a bone.

I think that one of the young kids is going to crack the lineup, just for the purposes of cap relief. Jensen has done his games, so he might be the first to stay, so it might be between one or two of Horvat, Gaunce or Lain. They have to start using these kids, and I'm hoping that Tortorella, will throw them a bone.

Doubtful, as I can't see where they slot in. It could be the case that they get spots just to cover for an injured Booth and/or Schroeder.

I don't want to see Kass on the 4th anymore. In this respect I have him as a top liner over some prospects trying to crack the line up.

One way. Does that mean if he doesn't make it he doesn't get sent down? That the Canucks are done investing in him? Or a trade? Just because it's a one way deal doesn't mean he get 's the center spot. In my mind this is it little fella.

Go back a page and it looks like his waiver eligiblilty status has been solved

Very poor interpretation. A one-way contract means Schroeder will make $600,000 in the NHL as well as in the AHL. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Schroeder hasn't played enough games to be eligible for waivers, so even if he gets out played by Gaunce and/or Horvat he'll be sent back down to the AHL for at least half a season, maybe less.

Very poor interpretation. A one-way contract means Schroeder will make $600,000 in the NHL as well as in the AHL. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Schroeder hasn't played enough games to be eligible for waivers, so even if he gets out played by Gaunce and/or Horvat he'll be sent back down to the AHL for at least half a season, maybe less.

Archived