The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When is Tanevs arbritration hearing!?

Belsy91

this.... I am expecting it to be in the $2.25 M per range. If Tanev was asking for less, he would have been re-signed by now. I am thinking that he is getting greedy which is why the talks have been slow and little progress has been made to date.

this.... I am expecting it to be in the $2.25 M per range. If Tanev was asking for less, he would have been re-signed by now. I am thinking that he is getting greedy which is why the talks have been slow and little progress has been made to date.

Though it would be great to sign him to a long-term, 5-year plus deal, I think offering him a bridge contract of 2 years @ 1.55 and 1.75 for a cap hit of $1.65 mill per would be the best choice for now (considering every 100k counts at the moment). While he's great at what he does already, he still needs to increase his skill set offensively and gain a bit of muscle. After 2 years, offer him fair market value once the salary cap rises (hopefully!). Please no NTC!

I can't believe how much Tanev is overrated on here. 1.2 mil max based on what comparable players are signing for.

Was our defensive game really that bad under AV that a guy who only has stay at home defense in his arsenal with no offensive or physical game is seen as some kind of future superstar worthy of PK Subban RFA money?

Come on people. Any more than 1.4 (and even that is generous) and they should trade him for someone who does not believe his own hype. The ONLY reason to ask for more than the going rate is that you believe you are worth more than you are. If that is the case with Tanev, they sohuld ship him out now. He played with very good NHL veteran dmen his entire time here. Once he can carry a pairing himself (and no, he did not carry Ballard they complemented each other well) or add offense or physical play then he can ask for a bigger contract. Until then he better not get more than the current RFA crop are signing for. The reality is he is replaceable at that price.

I can't believe how much Tanev is overrated on here. 1.2 mil max based on what comparable players are signing for.

Was our defensive game really that bad under AV that a guy who only has stay at home defense in his arsenal with no offensive or physical game is seen as some kind of future superstar worthy of PK Subban RFA money?

Come on people. Any more than 1.4 (and even that is generous) and they should trade him for someone who does not believe his own hype. The ONLY reason to ask for more than the going rate is that you believe you are worth more than you are. If that is the case with Tanev, they sohuld ship him out now. He played with very good NHL veteran dmen his entire time here. Once he can carry a pairing himself (and no, he did not carry Ballard they complemented each other well) or add offense or physical play then he can ask for a bigger contract. Until then he better not get more than the current RFA crop are signing for. The reality is he is replaceable at that price.

Archived