The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing) Bogo with Jets

Kyosama

Reading the comments after the NHL article Jets fans seem split on this , personally it is a risk I would not have taken he does have all the tools to be a good physical D-man but -42 in his career is kinda a scary number , and signing a 23 year old d-man to a 7 year 5+ mil contract is a risky proposition , this contract could look good in 3-4 years or look bad , I do not think he has shown enough that warrants that much money but the potential is there

Could be a solid deal in 2-3 years or an injury rittled 1st round bust...only time will tell

They really don't have a bad line up but I still hate buff on d...wpg ain't going anywhere with him playing as a 4th forward and leading the rush (a la gragnani). Correct me if I'm wrong bit I think I heard he prefers d, I say let him get back to that 2010 playoff run form that know all to well about

If Bogo's development continues to improve like it has his first two seasons in Winnipeg, and of the cap continues to rise, that contract will be golden.

If anything, signing this contract and all his comments past and present show that he is committed to the organization and the city. He has participated in a handful of off-Ice events in the city during the off-season, so he clearly spends time in the city and enjoys it very much

Too much emphasis is placed on "no one will want to play in Winnipeg", as the re-signing of Pavelec, Ladd, Little, Wheeler and Bogosian demonstrate.

Winnipeg is the bomb. Anyone in their right mind should want to play there.

As for the contract - love the Jets and Bogosian, but it's a little out of hand. Imo there should have been a bridge contract before he got there - 104 pts in 5 nhl seasons (no pts don't tell the whole story - and neither does his +/-) - his underlying numbers are ok - and he has a great deal of potential with premier tools - but 7 years at 36 million - I think that should have come after a 2yr, 7.5 ish deal... Perhaps this is what both sides wanted though.

Regardless, I really like Bogosian and am glad to see him remain a Jet (that is, unless he were dealt here ;) )

Reading the comments after the NHL article Jets fans seem split on this , personally it is a risk I would not have taken he does have all the tools to be a good physical D-man but -42 in his career is kinda a scary number , and signing a 23 year old d-man to a 7 year 5+ mil contract is a risky proposition , this contract could look good in 3-4 years or look bad , I do not think he has shown enough that warrants that much money but the potential is there

Archived