The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Heritage Classic Tickets Pricier Than Expected

CanucksFanMike

Tickets start at $93? WTF?

What a ridiculous gimmick to try and gouge loyal fans. I thought that's who this was supposed to be for after all. You know, a nice reward for all the BS that fans put up with through the lockout?

What was it that De Bonis said about this event? That it wasn't about making money for the Canucks? Hah! I think the hair gel must be seeping into that guys brain.

I was planning on going and spending around $125 a ticket. If the view able tickets start at $177 then I'm not going. Piss on that...

It's getting worse and worse it seems.. Looking forward to Seattle franchise or Portland franchise. I could drive there, get a hotel and see a game with dinner for cheaper then 1 Canucks game and parking downtown.

No offense, but despite the atmosphere a classic brings, I think it's pretty stupid how the fans at the game see the actual game. The rink is it's usual size, but there's a fairly lengthy area around the perimeter of the rink which is empty space (for cables, wires, advertizents, etc...) and then the seats for fans - a good 50 feet away at least from the action.

...people at the games barely get to see the action cause it's so far away and not taking anything away from the classic, but this is a major flaw I see which really sucks...I'm planning on attending this classic against the Sens but just wanted to voice this out - anyone agree/disagree or have their take on this subject?

LOL do they actually expect me to pay $177 just to see a game where the seats are a hundred feet from the ice? There would be a possibility it would be worth it if it was a true outdoor game with a snowy atmosphere but since we live here that will definitely not happen.

Where are these prices coming from? I haven't seen an official release with the prices yet...

The only thing I saw was the guide the Canucks sent out to the season ticket holders which had a screen with some prices on it, but who knows if those are even accurate or not...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard either Daly or Bettman say that since it was a league event it is the league that sets the ticket prices and not Canucks management. So shouldn't we be mad at the league and not Canucks management for the prices? On a side note, the league most likely would have done research into how much to charge for the tickets based on demand and the pricing of tickets to normal games and came out thinking that these were not neccesarily "reasonable" prices but still sellable prices.

I was actually really excited about this. I live on the Island and my Dad and I are going to try and get to at least one game a season together and I was hoping it could be the Heritage Classic this season.

But, with the pricey tickets and the fact that I doubt we'd really be able to see anything anyway. I'd rather just go to a game in Rogers Arena

Lol that's a hefty price for a seat where you won't be able to see much. Why even go if you're going to be in the nosebleeds and will have to just watch it on the big screen because you can't see what's going on from where you are?

It probably won't even be "outdoor" either. Anyone could guess it will be raining that day with a closed roof.

Lol that's a hefty price for a seat where you won't be able to see much. Why even go if you're going to be in the nosebleeds and will have to just watch it on the big screen because you can't see what's going on from where you are?

It probably won't even be "outdoor" either. Anyone could guess it will be raining that day with a closed roof.

I'm thinking about my seats for the Whitecaps and watching a hockey rink from my seat. It would probably be an incredibly terrible view being behind the net and near the front with the boards blocking your view as well. The angle is so poor that if someone is taller and in front of you, your view is mostly blocked too. Plus the cost being almost the price of my season tickets...and from my seats, the screen isn't even really that big.

This is a perfect match for the corporate crowd though because it's not like they'll be watching the game anyway and they just want to say they were there.

"Prices for the open-air game start at $93 for the first row seats. These seats are field-level, where you won’t be able to see much, with the rink at least 50 feet away."

Does this mean that the front row seats in the 200 section would cost $93 and the seats in the upper deck would cost more? Or is it the other way around?

Archived