The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hall Of Fame (Canucks)

Mangoes

Canucks Hall Of Fame   

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

True, but lets do some math. Let's count the main dressed players on a roster. 18 skaters and 2 goaltenders. The ratio is then 9:1 for skaters, therefore the equivalent of being in the top 5 for goaltenders is roughly the equivalent of being in the top 45 players. You have to hit 1,200 points to be in the top 45 players, which I don't count on the Sedins doing. If they can, then I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I see Lu with a much higher chance of making it into the HHOF.

Keep in mind, that 9:1 is including defensemen too.

If we were to include only the forwards to goalies ratio, we'd be looking at 12 forwards to 2 goaltenders, which is 6:1, then saying that Top 5 in goalie stats is like Top 30 in forward stats, which bring us up to 1,335 points, a number that the Sedins almost assuredly won't make.

True, but lets do some math. Let's count the main dressed players on a roster. 18 skaters and 2 goaltenders. The ratio is then 9:1 for skaters, therefore the equivalent of being in the top 5 for goaltenders is roughly the equivalent of being in the top 45 players. You have to hit 1,200 points to be in the top 45 players, which I don't count on the Sedins doing. If they can, then I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I see Lu with a much higher chance of making it into the HHOF.

Keep in mind, that 9:1 is including defensemen too.

If we were to include only the forwards to goalies ratio, we'd be looking at 12 forwards to 2 goaltenders, which is 6:1, then saying that Top 5 in goalie stats is like Top 30 in forward stats, which bring us up to 1,335 points, a number that the Sedins almost assuredly won't make.

Look at you nerds and your ratios..

I think Lou is all but guaranteed in if he wins a cup... still a good bet but less if he wins a Vezina. If not, he's a fringe guy and it really depends on how the next years go.

Sedins get in if they keep their points up and stay healthy... back to back scoring championships by twin brothers will never happen again in our lifetimes.

I would put the odds of the Sedin twins going to the hall of fame at 99% odds.

The 1% is if they get caught betting on baseball. :huh:

Both have won scoring titles. Both have won 2 presidents trophies . Both have won the Western Conference Championship and both have won the Olympic Gold Medal.

Cup or no cup they go to the hall :towel:

I'd say the Sedins are the only ones with an outside chance, Henrik moreso than Daniel at this point. Perhaps Luongo as well if he can string together some good regular seasons and playoffs to close out his career. If he can get his hands on either a cup, no less than 2 Vezinas, a Hart, a Conn Smythe, or some combination of these awards, I'd say he'd go in first ballot.

Archived