The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I HATE Clayton Stoner and David Booth

Guest Pinchin

I have no problem hunting for food. It's the same with fishing. But to put a fish on a wall, or a head, or other such trophy is just stupid.

It also makes no sense if Grizzlies are on the threatend list, why are we allowing a small amount of bears to be hunted? Unless of course it's a provincial thing to make money, $300,000 off of hunters. Want a sport to get a trophy? Play paintball. At least then your opposition gets to shoot back.

Hunting is an outrage and the biggest joke of a sport anyway. Probably the most cowardly - hiding behind a bush and using a weapon to kill a defenceless animal. There's next to no skill involved in that, anyone can buy a gun and shoot a still big target.

A real accomplishment would be if he went hand-to-hand with a Grizzly and won. Hunting with a gun you haven't even made yourself and just buy out of a shop is nothing to be proud of.

A mentality that can only be had by someone who has never hunted. Hunting is a process, not just simply going out and shooting something.

Please, inform youself about what you expouse your drivel upon before you do it again.

So explain that process then? Enlighten us.

FTR, all the men in my family have hunted (and fished) my entire life....for food, never sport. So I'm not anti-hunting but the trophy(testosterone) kills I can't support.

There isn't a process from what I've seen...they grab their guns and go.

So explain that process then? Enlighten us.

FTR, all the men in my family have hunted (and fished) my entire life....for food, never sport. So I'm not anti-hunting but the trophy(testosterone) kills I can't support.

There isn't a process from what I've seen...they grab their guns and go.

It's a ridiculous tradition with no purpose other than for bragging rights. "Tradition" in this case is just a poor excuse to continue hunting them, even when there's no real reason to do it. You killed a bear with a gun and left it's carcass to rot. Well done, you uber macho hero... can't wait to see the photos on Facebook.

I'm fine with hunting if you're using everything that you possibly can from the animal or there's a good reason for it. This isn't even coming close to that.

At least we're using the cow instead of leaving it to rot or sticking it on a wall above the mantelpiece.

Anyone who has actually hunted an animal would know why they do this for sport.

It's a rush like no other especially bear.

We are built to hunt animals.

Animals we can eat animals that are a threat ect.

For me killing a bear is a feeling of triumph, something like you city nerds feel when you Finnish a video game.

And who gives a crap about bear meat? It's disgusting, the only way you can eat it is if you make a pulled pork like substance in the slow cooker.

Only a weirdo like booth eats bear.

Anyone who has actually hunted an animal would know why they do this for sport.

It's a rush like no other especially bear.

We are built to hunt animals.

Animals we can eat animals that are a threat ect.

For me killing a bear is a feeling of triumph, something like you city nerds feel when you Finnish a video game.

And who gives a crap about bear meat? It's disgusting, the only way you can eat it is if you make a pulled pork like substance in the slow cooker.

Only a weirdo like booth eats bear.

Cows are like the Untermensh of the animal world. Who cares if we take the whole cow and turn it into axel grease right? But a majestic bear, well, don't dare touch that! You don't see the hypocrisy? I guess if one is not looking for it, it stops being important....

What is it other than your own moral code that makes it necessary to use (with the actual use being scrutinized as well) behind that reasoning? The people doing the hunting obviously have a different culture and thus moral code than your own? Last I checked Canada (and I am sure Scotland ) celebrate diversity of cultures. Why should it matter if you understand it and more importantly it's irrelevant if you don't understand or agree. In Canada at least multiculturalism is enshrined in the constitution. Deal with it.

Keep the excuses coming. Tradition this, culture that...

It's important to respect different cultures and opinions, and of course multiculturalism and diversity should be celebrated. Dated, unnecessary and cruel traditions however, should not. Just because something is traditional doesn't mean that it has to be immune from criticism. I can think of plenty of "traditions" that even you would probably frown upon, and you wouldn't be jumping into the argument with the "It's totally fine because it's a cultural thing!" viewpoint.

Sure some traditions and cultures that are also contradictory to the charter of rights and freedoms where you for example can have competing interests in say religion conflicting with womens rights or what not are often frowned down upon.

However, bears have no charter rights last I checked and if they did we would have to start arresting bears that kill each other for being in their territory. Heck, being godless killing machines they will often kill the cubs of a competing guy going for their mate!

If we want to get all PETA and start giving animals rights I sure hope your ready for tofu turkey on Thanksgiving as the ethics of quickly killing a free range bear are certainly a lot nicer than penned up chickens and pigs and cows who probably wish they at least had the life of a bear frolicking in the woods and chomping down on deer and berries before they met their certain demise.

Archived