The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Reviewing Weise's Hit / Kassian's High Stick

Drouin

Nobody is saying it isn't a bad thing....

But I am referring to the brutal hit in juniors that made Kassian basically change his entire game. The hit that he laid on someone that turned him from savage wrecking ball to big body with a stick and skates.

He cannot redefine his game anymore. We want the Kassian from juniors. not a big soft teddy bear.

I don't think Kassian's hit was intentional at all. Unfortunately he got a bit careless with his still. Players have to be responsible so I wouldn't be surprised to see Kassian get 1 preseason game.

BTW, on a thread that is about 2 Canucks having disciplinary hearings why do people bring up Duncan Keith's hit 2 seasons ago? It's totally unrelated and it may be time to move on. :)

The screens posted make it look like an elbow to me, and the replays live looked like one too. The CBC cast all agreed on it right when it happened, and I agree with them, it looks like an elbow to the head. now i'll admit, the view point is pretty terrible, but still, looks like an elbow to me.

Also i think the Weise hit (missed hit) turned out better for Hall then if he made full shoulder to shoulder contact that he was aiming for .. i see it playing out with being one of those hits with hall leaving the game and missing several if full contact was made.

from the looks of it his visor tool most of the hit surprised him more then hurt him.

I don't think Kassian's hit was intentional at all. Unfortunately he got a bit careless with his still. Players have to be responsible so I wouldn't be surprised to see Kassian get 1 preseason game.

BTW, on a thread that is about 2 Canucks having disciplinary hearings why do people bring up Duncan Keith's hit 2 seasons ago? It's totally unrelated and it may be time to move on. :)

Looks the same to me. With the only possible difference being the role of a 3rd player (Horvat) who's separate hit forces the guy being hit to move and change his head's position at the last second prior to the shoulder contact. That's just bad luck, not Weise's fault.

But, by NHL logic it'll probably mean he gets 83 games. -_-

Weise deserves a game, let's not cry over spilled milk as he is fairly replaceable.

The Kassian high stick is interesting to me though. He throws a hit and is off-balance and when he corrected himself, he swung his stick which IMO rides up Gagner's own stick and into his face. It was totally involuntary but even then, Kassian is responsible for his stick at all times. He will face a lengthy suspension but after appeal, I believe it will get reduced.

Archived