The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Huge Suspension....Rest of pre + First 5 Games of Reg. Season

Cold Hard Truth

Sorry for bringing this back again but just like the kass clip the more I read it the dumber your post looks (not you just your post). Show me the part that I said he tried to intentionally take someone's head off? Then you come back acting like mr. Internet tough guy and phrase it in a way that tries to make me look like I was? C'mon really?

LOL, I think a player like him could fit in on a lower roll but I think he's in no way ready for top six mins. At this point I don't like his game or the person he is but just like everyone I see his potential and with the good coaching and tough love he could turn into a top six power forward some day. As we sit today it looks to me a pipe dream.

I get that it was a stupid and reckless play but those happens all the time and the player usually gets 3 games or less. I agree with everyone saying that if this is 5 games, the Keith hit should have been much more, and Kessel should also get quite a bit.

The only understandable explanation for this is if the league decided to hand out heavier suspensions for everyone this season, in which case we'll see what happens with future plays.

So its basically a personal thing with you,,not liking the person he is and not really knowing the person is a big statement,,,I can see your dislike of Kassian now.. you just made it prettier by tying it up with a "I dont like his game" bow.

People complain about basing suspensions off of results and not intent .... Why is that wrong? The reason I ask is the simple difference between, say assault and murder.

I only meant to beat him up til he almost died! No ... It's based on results too...

Anyway I'm disappointed to see kass get 5 but don't really feel the same way about basing suspensios on intent.

People complain about basing suspensions off of results and not intent .... Why is that wrong? The reason I ask is the simple difference between, say assault and murder.

I only meant to beat him up til he almost died! No ... It's based on results too...

Anyway I'm disappointed to see kass get 5 but don't really feel the same way about basing suspensios on intent.

After reading this thread I understand why Canuck fans get a bad rap. The penalty is a bit harsh, but you'd think Kassian got banned for the season after reading everyone's reactions.

Here's my somewhat sarcastic, but honest opinions to what everyone's talked about in this thread:

Fact: Duncan Keith should have gotten a bigger suspension

Result: Not a long enough suspension because he received the star treatment. It's not fair, but it happens all the time.

Fact: Kessel swung his stick at somebody's feet (not their head!) in self-defence while being attacked by a goon

Result: He should get a one or two game suspension. The goon who went after him should get a game or two also, for provoking a brawl.

Fact: Kassian was irresponsible with his stick and it resulted in someone (a much better player) losing teeth and breaking their jaw.

Result: Got a stiff penalty. Not outrageous, but on the high side of reasonable because he's a nobody in the league and was made an example of.

Fact: If Matt Cooke did the same thing and broke Daniel Sedin's jaw, Canucks.com would expect a lifetime ban.

Opinion: I think the Canucks are better off with him in the press box!

Archived