The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gilbert Brule released from PTO [SN]

his situation was nothing like Mike Danton's, so don't even bother relating to that. He alleges that his dad took his money then wouldn't let him see where it was and the money was lost due to poor investments. His dad says he always had control over the money and that what his son is saying is not true and in this case I believe the dad. He may of trusted his dad and his dad may of poorly invested it but this whole sob story where he is basically saying his dad stole his money is ridiculous and I don't believe a word of it.

He thought he was going to be an all star and likely gave a big portion of money to his dad to invest, in what i'm sure he knew was some what risky, and then his career sputtered out and he went no where then he suddenly came back wanting his money back because he wasn't making any money anymore and the investment tanked and he blamed his dad.

He came up with this huge sob story for people to feel sorry for him and hopefully land himself with contract because of it.

I followed the Giants more closely back then and he certainly was something special. Toughness, grit as well as skill. He was not handled well when he entered the NHL and it's sad that he didn't thrive as he should have. He played a lot bigger than his size.

I think it has less to being rushed by CBJ, than it is he's like Schroeder. Both have great skill. Both are in the 180 lb. range. Both are 5'9" to 5'11". Both play at their size, not above it. It takes a certain level of skill and hockey sense to use your strengths to counter any weaknesses you might have.

Shinkaruk for example goes against bigger players and you wouldn't know it, and he's only 18. Patrick Kane and Martin St. Louis are the same way. Every player has a different development curve. But some players under 6' excel, and lot don't. It's hard enough to set up plays and score goals in the NHL in the first place. When you've got 6'4" 220 lb. defenders lurking about and you've got a 5" and 40 lbs size difference, do the math, you get hit you're getting knocked off the puck. You need to be shifty, quick, smart, or more agile, or just plain bull strong, and just have greater drive than most to succeed.

It's sad to hear about Brule. Maybe the reality is he just doesn't have the drive to be a regular NHL'er?

Aaannddd, that's all your opinion.

You won't know the exact true story so don't bother trying to take sides.

Why would a son accuse his OWN FATHER of something if it wasn't true? Coming out with this made it HARDER for Gilbert to get a job meaning it would make no sense for him to make any of it up.

Think about it.

Why would coming out with this make it much harder for him to get a job? He was on no ones radar until he came out with this sob story which blamed his poor play on his "break-up" with his father. He just can't own up to his mistakes and pushes all the blame onto his father which in my mind is pathetic.

During my time in hockey I saw some pretty pathetic parents. There is a conditioning of attitude that some young players are never able to overcome. Some are never able to get to that level of maturity where they can understand what their weaknesses are. Hockey might be the least of their problems.

Archived