The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Motorcyclist charged after video catches violent swarming of family on NYC highway

-Vintage Canuck-

There's still one part of this story I don't get. This guy can afford a range rover but not a cell phone? Did he or his wife call the police at any time during the incident or maybe take some of their own video? I wonder if any more info on this will surface?

I had read in a link provided earlier in this thread that they did call 911 during the first stop...not sure if thats true or confirmed though.

For the Silverado gang Gooseberries mentioned, I think you should invite me and Colon with our Fords into this gang. Aside from being the superior trucks :P the more numbers the better. The eco boost engine will come in handy when there are six bikers underneath being dragged across the freeway.

We can be the convoy from hell

speaking of superior trucks...I'll bring my Tundra. Just had it lifted.:-)

I saw someone mpost this comment; "From a truck driver:

Michael Xavier Kaulbach: As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey

and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few

things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride

in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they

pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the

targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "

brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a

minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle

. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the

person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the

vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not

to stop.

PRAISE THE LORD THAT MR. Mieses CAN NO LONGER DO HARM TO OTHERS!!

THANK YOU MR. LIEN!"

on this article, and I don't doubt the comment one bit!!!

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1471585

I don't doubt that comment at all either. I've been reading about these groups as well and have see a bunch of their videos on youtube, they definitely are the aggressors. It's amazing how many of the videos have now been taken down since they've been called out.

There's still one part of this story I don't get. This guy can afford a range rover but not a cell phone? Did he or his wife call the police at any time during the incident or maybe take some of their own video? I wonder if any more info on this will surface?

His wife did call police. Had the driver on the SUV waited for the police to save his arse, he would likely be dead or in a coma, and god knows what may have happened to his wife and child.

Bottom line: if you need to call the police, you're already fracked so fight like hell to preserve life and limb, don't be a shrinking violet.

His wife did call police. Had the driver on the SUV waited for the police to save his arse, he would likely be dead or in a coma, and god knows what may have happened to his wife and child.

Bottom line: if you need to call the police, you're already fracked so fight like hell to preserve life and limb, don't be a shrinking violet.

Source?

I am refering to the entire incident. If she had called police there is a chance they could have intercepted the convoy in time and saved him a beating. By no means am I saying he should have stopped so you didn't need to go all Chuck Norris and stuff.

I don't think its fair to say its a good thing that the biker is now paralyzed but his family also cannot say the driver of the SUV is at fault. The biker was simply in the wrong spot at the wrong time and hanging out with the wrong group. If anything the other bikers are at fault for the paralyzed man.

I'm in

Fully agree.

Source?

I am refering to the entire incident. If she had called police there is a chance they could have intercepted the convoy in time and saved him a beating. By no means am I saying he should have stopped so you didn't need to go all Chuck Norris and stuff.

The whole event took place over the course of 6 minutes. The average response time for a police unit is on the plus side of 10 minutes. Waiting around would not have ended well.

Source?

the issue with that is that in the videos provided there's 50+ people on bikes and atvs. Not without dating that it would take time to show up, but then what? Get mobbed by 50+ people without valid insurance or licenses when a previous video shows a cop basically in the middle of the road powerless as they drove by en masse.

Power too the suv

the issue with that is that in the videos provided there's 50+ people on bikes and atvs. Not without dating that it would take time to show up, but then what? Get mobbed by 50+ people without valid insurance or licenses when a previous video shows a cop basically in the middle of the road powerless as they drove by en masse.

Power too the suv

This.

Also, my point still stands. If you have to call the cops, you're already fracked. In such a situation, the best option is rarely to sit on your hands and wait for the 'good guys' to show up.

This.

Also, my point still stands. If you have to call the cops, you're already fracked. In such a situation, the best option is rarely to sit on your hands and wait for the 'good guys' to show up.

And these assholes were obviously capable of doing horrible things...the guy had EVERY right to fear for his life.

Power too the suv

Both of you missed the part where I said the guy was in the right to keep driving. You also must have missed the part where they caught him, dragged him out of his vehicle, and kicked the crap out of him. Perhaps if he had called 911 dispatch could have directed him to a nearby patrol and vice versa saving him a beating in front of his wife and kid. I didn't read anything that said they attempted to call police during the incident so I thought I'd ask.

Also why the hell wasn't his door locked? When he got stopped the second time the biker just ran up and opened it. You'd think the first thing he'd do is lock the doors, hell it's automatic in most new vehicles.

Both of you missed the part where I said they guy was in the right to keep driving. You also must have missed the part where they caught him, dragged him out of his vehicle, and kicked the crap out of him. Perhaps if he had called 911 dispatch could have directed him to a nearby patrol and vice versa saving him a beating in front of his wife and kid. I didn't read anything that said they attempted to call police during the incident so I thought I'd ask.

Also why the hell wasn't his door locked? When he got stopped the second time the biker just ran up and opened it. You'd think the first thing he'd do is locked the doors, hell it's automatic in most new vehicles.

Pray, tell what would 2-3 squad cars would be able to do to stop madness such as this?. http://oppositelock....6603736/@orlove

Why must you automatically assume that the police would have been of immediate help? Calling 911 isn't a "get out of this crap situation free card." If you have to call 911, you're in over your head. That situation will not resolve itself in the time it takes for help to arrive, you must help yourself as best you can until help does arrive. In this situation, whatever assistance the police could have provided would like have been far too little, far too late.

The police respond to bad situations, rarely do they prevent crapy situations like the one we are talking about from happening.

One thing I do agree about: locking the doors. How in the hell were the doors not locked already/ why were they not locked when the bikers forced the SUV driver to stop?

Pray, tell what would 2-3 squad cars would be able to do to stop madness such as this?. http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-footage-that-the-nyc-bikers-didnt-want-you-to-see-1435594427/1436603736/@orlove

Why must you automatically assume that the police would have been of immediate help? Calling 911 isn't a "get out of this crap situation free card." If you have to call 911, you're in over your head. That situation will not resolve itself in the time it takes for help to arrive, you must help yourself as best you can until help does arrive. In this situation, whatever assistance the police could have provided would like have been far too little, far too late.

The police respond to bad situations, rarely do they prevent crapty situations like the one we are talking about from happening.

One thing I do agree about: locking the doors. How in the hell were the doors not locked already/ why were they not locked when the bikers forced the SUV driver to stop?

What are you on about? How the hell is he supposed to get help if he doesn't call for it? What, would you just keep driving until they ran out of gas. I just want to know if he called for help or not, that's it.

And those cowards would have backed down in a second if they saw police.

What are you on about? How the hell is he supposed to get help if he doesn't call for it? What, would you just keep driving until they ran out of gas. I just want to know if he called for help or not, that's it.

And those cowards would have backed down in a second if they saw police.

I don't disagree about calling the police. Calling for help is necessary, but he can't just call and then wait around for help to arrive either.

Really, 50+ outlaws who otherwise seem to have no regard for the law are going just peacefully stand down when they see a few police? Yeah, don't think so.

Edit: I realize we've both been thinking hypothetically and I have been making some straw man arguments. For that, I apologize.

I saw someone mpost this comment; "From a truck driver:

Michael Xavier Kaulbach: As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey

and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few

things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride

in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they

pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the

targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "

brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a

minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle

. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the

person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the

vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not

to stop.

PRAISE THE LORD THAT MR. Mieses CAN NO LONGER DO HARM TO OTHERS!!

THANK YOU MR. LIEN!"

on this article, and I don't doubt the comment one bit!!!

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1471585

To start, I think the bikers in this situation are absolute morons.

However, that comment is ridiculous.

Some of those bikes are pretty damn expensive - there's no way this group was holding people up for a couple hundred bucks in the middle of a city. I doubt this actually happens anywhere as it's pretty clear now why it's a bad idea to try to stop a larger vehicle with a motorcycles. Nah, they were just being dicks.

That comment is scaremongering misinformation, nothing more. There are no roving gangs of motorcycles holding people up on the highways of 'murica.

Archived