The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs SJS - 10/3/2013 - 7PM

Strombone1

Have to say certain players were huge let downs tonight...

Kesler, Higgins, Booth, Richardson, Garrison, and Hamhuis.

Higgins with bone head plays, Kesler was just nonsense, Booth was doing nothing, Richardson didn't bring any energy, Garrison (even though he scored) took too many penalties, and Hamhuis was just blah.

Pros

- That first period was something special. Gotta get me a bottle of that

- Forecheck was tenacious and caused turnovers

- Booth looked pretty good tonight i thought, with and without the puck. Fair bit of banging and crashing, want to see more of that but im really hoping that THIS is what a HEALTHY Booth looks like

- HIP CHECKS!!!!!

- Bieksa has his angry face swagger back. I approve. A lot.

- Luongo looked amazing in the first and solid in the second and third

Meh...

- Tanev looks like he's gonna buy into this system quite well. As long as he can stay healthy (i have doubts, he gets manhandled a lot) he's gonna be a stud this year again.

- Kesler on the PP. Actually, Kesler in general looked kinda "meh" tonight. Good hustle early then just disappeared.

- Sedins looked good on the PK. Daniel taking that stinger though brings back to mind that i am terrified one of them will get hurt at some point this season.

The REALLY Ugly.

- Pinching. Oh my god this was terrible.

- Our D. Totally all over the place tonight. (Garrison and Hamhuis stood out in a bad way for me)

- We clearly havent learned Torts system adequately enough yet, but that will take time. This just means the first 10-15 games are gonna be..... not nice

PS. Oh Yeah, one more thing. Any coach that makes me forget that Sestito is playing makes me very happy.

Pros

- That first period was something special. Gotta get me a bottle of that

- Forecheck was tenacious and caused turnovers

- Booth looked pretty good tonight i thought, with and without the puck. Fair bit of banging and crashing, want to see more of that but im really hoping that THIS is what a HEALTHY Booth looks like

- HIP CHECKS!!!!!

- Bieksa has his angry face swagger back. I approve. A lot.

- Luongo looked amazing in the first and solid in the second and third

Meh...

- Tanev looks like he's gonna buy into this system quite well. As long as he can stay healthy (i have doubts, he gets manhandled a lot) he's gonna be a stud this year again.

- Kesler on the PP. Actually, Kesler in general looked kinda "meh" tonight. Good hustle early then just disappeared.

- Sedins looked good on the PK. Daniel taking that stinger though brings back to mind that i am terrified one of them will get hurt at some point this season.

The REALLY Ugly.

- Pinching. Oh my god this was terrible.

- Our D. Totally all over the place tonight. (Garrison and Hamhuis stood out in a bad way for me)

- We clearly havent learned Torts system adequately enough yet, but that will take time. This just means the first 10-15 games are gonna be..... not nice

PS. Oh Yeah, one more thing. Any coach that makes me forget that Sestito is playing makes me very happy.

Archived