The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you trade Edler if....? Something to ponder

VAN_FAN_MATT

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont want to trade Eddie, but a package to Detroit including Samuelsson (obviously wouldn't be the major piece coming back) could be a good thing: he can play with the twins, and had tons of playing time with Kes; and he can actually replace Eddie on the pp quarterback as he did when Eddie was hurt in 2011....

[Note Sammy on the point]

- Elder for Kadri, then Phaneuf becomes expendable so they can move him for a Center replacement.

Or

Elder for Skinner. Carolina needs D and we need someone who can put the puck in the net

Or

Elder for Voracek (see abov)

We had 3 pieces for trade that fall between the Sedin era and Kassian era.

Cory Schneider, Ryan Kesler, and Alex Edler

Burrows, Bieksa Hamhuis and Garrison wont be traded unless they ask for a trade.

Same with Sedins. Luongo will be traded for dog meat .

Schneider got us the highest draft pick in NHL history, in a deep draft to boot.

I would trade Edler and Hansen to Edmonton for Nurse and Klefbom

I would trade Ryan Kesler to Columbus for the 3 picks they chose in the 2013 draft.

I dont want to trade Eddie, but a package to Detroit including Samuelsson (obviously wouldn't be the major piece coming back) could be a good thing: he can play with the twins, and had tons of playing time with Kes; and he can actually replace Eddie on the pp quarterback as he did when Eddie was hurt in 2011....

[Note Sammy on the point]

I would trade Edler if it meant that we would get a young NHL ready stud of a winger in return. Or if we got a 2nd line physical winger (Hartnell type) and a bonafide shutdown center for the 3rd line.

Quite honestly, I have no idea what Edlers trade value is so I don't know if either of those scenarios would work, but that's the only way I would trade him.

What we need:

- Top six winger

- 3rd line center

Few ideas here that match what we need:

Edler to Phoenix for Vrbata (or Boedker) and Hanzal (or Vermette)

Edler to Edmonton for Yakupov

Edler+ to Carolina for Skinner

Edler to Philly for Simmonds and Talbot

The last time an elite top 6 winger was available was Bobby Ryan... I don't think the Canucks even kicked the tires on that one.

MG is an incompetent GM in terms of trading for talent. don't bring me this Ehrhoff for White crap, that was a gift from Wilson to a rookie GM.

He will just make another safe deal, sell us how this player is just down on his luck and needs a change of scenery that his caphit isn't bad blah blah ala Booth.

Bobby Ryan would make us an elite team again... but that ship has sailed.

Archived