The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your favourite TV shows of all-time?

Alchemy Time

1. battlestar galactica

2. six feet under

3. the sarah connor chronicles

4. breaking bad

5. the wire

6. sopranos

7. buffy the vampire slayer

8. hannibal

9. oz

10. it's always sunny in philadelphia

11 - 20

the shield

damages

the league

arrested development

curb your enthusiasm

seinfeld

once upon a time

twin peaks

south park

angel

I see you're a big fan of Whedon. Have you ever seen Firefly?

I did the same, tried watching The Wire's pilot once and gave up, tried again a few months later. Probably different for everybody but for me it was ep.4 (I think) that hooked me. There's a scene with two of the main characters reconstructing a crime scene and communicating solely with the F word, goes on for like 5 minutes. But a lot of people have told me they were hooked just on episode 2, there's something of a more conventional action scene.

That said, no, The Wire will never really baby you and explain the characters and their motivations in bright neon lights. It always moves fast and challenges you to keep up. As much as I was into it, it wasn't until I rewatched the entire series that it really started to make sense, because there's so much happening at every moment.

One of the greatest scenes in the history of the show..... (start about a minute in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO0WW2QXIYc

I see you're a big fan of Whedon. Have you ever seen Firefly?

for some reason firefly never appealed to me. now that you mention it, i'm gonna give it a second chance (and serenity). i watched the dollhouse and totally hated it. i think joss whedon should focus on his movie projects from now on. cabin in the woods was solid, looking forward to see much ado about nothing; lots of whedonverse actors are in this movie

the sarah connor chronicles was created by josh friedman. name resemblance:))

for some reason firefly never appealed to me. now that you mention it, i'm gonna give it a second chance (and serenity). i watched the dollhouse and totally hated it. i think joss whedon should focus on his movie projects from now on. cabin in the woods was solid, looking forward to see much ado about nothing; lots of whedonverse actors are in this movie

the sarah connor chronicles was created by josh friedman. name resemblance:))

I just watched watched Firefly and Serenity last week. It's gotta be one of my favourite shows of all time.

• 7 months later...

For years and years friends have been telling me to watch The Wire. Even friends who weren't particularly crazy about the show told me that I would love it. I have no idea why I waited so long. It is phenomenal. Top five for sure:

No Order:

Mad Men

Sopranos

True Detective (I don't care if its only been one season)

The Wire

The Office

Newsroom

Game of Thrones

Suits

Entourage

Dexter (the early seasons)

Seinfeld

Friends.

i have tried like five times to watch the wire, and i really just can't get into it

no idea why

p.s. watch Deadwood

How many episodes did you watch? I found the first 5 or 6 to be hard to get through and almost gave up on the show. The last half of season 1 hooked me, and by season 3 had grown into the best TV I've ever seen.

How many episodes did you watch? I found the first 5 or 6 to be hard to get through and almost gave up on the show. The last half of season 1 hooked me, and by season 3 had grown into the best TV I've ever seen.

i think ive watched the first 3 episodes like five times each then just give up

i'll give it another try

Anime top 5.

1)Naruto (favourite show all time Anime or not)

2)dbz

3) hunter x hunter (the ant arc.. wow)

4) fairy tale

5) One Piece

TV shows

1) Xfiles

2) Dexter

3) Lost (would have been number 1 if it weren't for the ending)

4) game of thrones

5) Star Wars clone wars

i have tried like five times to watch the wire, and i really just can't get into it

no idea why

p.s. watch Deadwood

Liked deadwood a lot , the dialogue was sick literally a shakespearian western.

i think their portrayal of calamity jane was closer to the mark than Doris Day's- Whip crack -away

I hope you have been watching Mad Men

Wire fans, rank seasons. In my opinion

4=3>1>2>5

(4 still in first place because it was just emotionally gut wrenching but 3 is close)

The Wire is the only TV series i have bought to watch, Omar is my all time fave character.

Hard to rate them they are all damn good IMO.

Coming to the end of Fargo here in Aus have liked it a lot , Series 2 of In the Flesh starts tonight , a british zombie/undead series with a different take.

The returned a french series was good ,looking forward to season 2.

Real Humans a swedish series is solid , deals with our relationship with very human like robots.

For laughs the old black adder series are on , thinking of Rik Mayall- rest in peace , the young ones and the Goodies.

Liked deadwood a lot , the dialogue was sick literally a shakespearian western.

i think their portrayal of calamity jane was closer to the mark than Doris Day's- Whip crack -away

The Wire is the only TV series i have bought to watch, Omar is my all time fave character.

Hard to rate them they are all damn good IMO.

Coming to the end of Fargo here in Aus have liked it a lot , Series 2 of In the Flesh starts tonight , a british zombie/undead series with a different take.

The returned a french series was good ,looking forward to season 2.

Real Humans a swedish series is solid , deals with our relationship with very human like robots.

For laughs the old black adder series are on , thinking of Rik Mayall- rest in peace , the young ones and the Goodies.

I watched the first episode of Fargo and tooootally enjoyed it. I can't wait to binge the first season after I'm done catching up with Mad Men.

Really strange how I didn't really read any hype around Fargo at all this year, especially considering the cast (i love Martin Freeman) and the good-to-great critical reception.

Archived