The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

View From the Other Side - Detroit Fans

DIBdaQUIB

"one team will get a close win 3-2 my prediction Dats,Alfie,Eaves D. Sedin 2"

"^^^I dig it! Those pesky gingers always scoring.."

Who do we want to see Kronwalled? Kesler, Burrows, or one if the Sedins? I'd love to see Eaves bury a goal tonight. I would love to see some Swede on Swede crime.

Daniel's goal

ACK! The Creepy Twins!

Jimmy **** the bed there wtf was he looking at???

Quincey with a Quincey-like play, and Howard didn't track the puck well. Wonderful.

Damn these twins...

Yeah, about that...

**** you, you creepy gingers

It's amazing that we have defenseman that still make pee wee mistakes

Smith with a pretty blatant cross check there. Sedin didn't have to dive on that one. ;)

The Wings gotta decide what kinda team they wanna be. Too many times in games they could make a pass to gain possession into the zone, but elect to dump it in. I've watched the Wings for a long time and can't remember the last time outside of a playoff game where we've ever dumped pucks in as opposed to carried them and been successful. The forwards are good enough to still play puck possession, the defense just needs to get the pucks out of the zone and support. Hopefully Babs lights a fire under them going into the 2nd... but I've been hoping he'd do that for games in a row now.

But Holland needs his washed-up, over-the-hill veteran scrub plugs. It's what he lives for. It keeps him going, makes him happy. Do you want him to be unhappy? What kind of a person are you?

We. are. terrible. in. our. zone.

Wow a lot of missed holds

Zetterberg is getting mugged all over the ice

How is it possible to have a second line of Cleary - Weiss - Bertuzzi? The top-six has been aging and stagnant for years and yet it somehow still isn't improving. No wonder the Wings can't score goals. Been lacking a true goal-scoring winger since Hossa left. Would it really be any worse to try Tatar and/or Nyquist there instead?

ALFIE! Hell just froze over because Smith and Quincey just made good plays at once :lol:

There is most definitely at least one person wearing a Bruins jersey near the end (our right) of the 'nucks' bench. That guy is my hero.

Tatar! The Wings look far better tonight than any of the past four games. Good pressure and not giving up a ton of shots against Jimmy.

Exactly. The ASSist goes to Luongo.

We are playing a much better game than we have in a while, win or not atleast we're starting to climb out of that "playing like absolute s***"-hole we've dug ourselves.

I hope we blow Luongo up in the 3rd so he'll go on twitter and make fun of himself after the game.

Torts changed up the first line.

Sedins split up! "We'll see who handles who."

A complete garbage shot by Cleary gives the Sedins a good opportunity going the other way. He's so integral to this team not being nearly as good as it should be

I'm glad we're winning and all, but GAWD are we sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

It drives me how stupid Dano is nowadays, your shot will never get on net if you wind up for a slapshot on a two-on-one, especially against block happy Vancouver.

Luongo is playing like his old elite self. Unreal.

At least once a game the cameras go close up on pav blowing a snot rocket.

It's awesome.

That's about as weak as it gets on that penalty (Dan's penalty)

A chance to put the game away on the PP and Cleary can't redirect Z's pass in the net, or even redirect it. I want to punch Dan Cleary and Ken Holland in the face simultaneously.

Howard sucks, replace him now.

WE WON A GAME

SUCK IT 'NUCKS

Best forward: Pavel Datsyuk. Amazing, as usual. Honorable mention goes to Henrik Zetterberg.

Worst forward:: Daniel Cleary. Once again, Cleary was totally worthless. He lost the puck constantly, did nothing of use, and committed what almost ended up as a very costly giveaway in the final minute. Honorable mention goes to nobody in particular.

Best defenseman: Danny DeKeyser. He did very well playing on the top pairing, and, sans a few minor mistakes, looked as if he perfectly well belonged there. Honorable mention goes to Niklas Kronwall, who had a pretty good game.

Worst defenseman:: Nobody. The defense played very well tonight, as the high-flying Canucks were limited to a mere 20 shots on goal.

MVP: Jimmy Howard. Solid as always, Jimmy made 19 saves on 20 shots against tough opposition. The single goal he let in was a bit odd, but not very stoppable.

Goat: Dan Cleary. See above.

Overall Grade: B+. This game was played very well defensively, but despite the number of shots the Wings took, offense remained a problem. Still, it was a worthy effort that garnered a win against a very good team.

Sedins split up! "We'll see who handles who."

Daniel Sedin - 1G

Henrik Sedin - 1A

Henrik Zetterberg - 0PTS

Pavel Datsyuk - 0PTS

I think it was pretty obvious who won the battle of the top lines.

The Wings just happen to have more scoring depth than us. Which isn't surprising.

Daniel Sedin - 1G

Henrik Sedin - 1A

Henrik Zetterberg - 0PTS

Pavel Datsyuk - 0PTS

The Wings just happen to have more scoring depth than us. Which isn't surprising.

after looking up some stats from one of the best seasons ever by the Canucks Sedin's and Kesler Combined for 39 percent of the teams goals

right now the same 3 players are right around the same mark for combined goals and the percentage 39

the team is also tied 5th in total goals scored and are 15th in GF/G with players like Higgins Santo and Richardson 4 goals each then Edler Hansen Kassian and Garrison with 2 goals each i am not getting why people think this team doesn't have depth scoring

Thanks again DIB!! Great job!! Well, Detroit fans seem to be a lot more level headed than the past two.

Like this one as compared to all of the Top 6 needs and aging forwards talk around here ...

"The top-six has been aging and stagnant for years and yet it somehow still isn't improving. No wonder the Wings can't score goals. Been lacking a true goal-scoring winger since Hossa left. Would it really be any worse to try Tatar and/or Nyquist there instead?"

Our vets certainly aren't stagnant. Funny they feel the same way as some on CDC in terms of what they need ... Top 6 goal scorer.

Interesting!!!

Actually the Wings have TERRIBLE scoring depth. We should have dominated these bums.

Well it's not as bad as ours right now.

With Booth and Hansen in we're better, but when we have a guy like Welsh on our third line, and a fourth line of Weber-Sestito- Archibald, we're in trouble.

Our third line needs to be much better.

Daniel Sedin - 1G

Henrik Sedin - 1A

Henrik Zetterberg - 0PTS

Pavel Datsyuk - 0PTS

They got their points before the split so..yeah. The guy was refering who'd out play who after they split.

They got their points before the split so..yeah. The guy was refering who'd out play who after they split.

And did Zetterberg or Datsyuk score after the Sedins were split? The split had nothing to do with what the Wings top line were doing.

Maybe Babcock should have split them up though.

And did Zetterberg or Datsyuk score after the Sedins were split? The split had nothing to do with what the Wings top line were doing.

Maybe Babcock should have split them up though.

So they were even after the split. And Datsyuk and Zetterberg largely out played our top line despite being held without a point. Luo played lights out.

Well it's not as bad as ours right now.

With Booth and Hansen in we're better, but when we have a guy like Welsh on our third line, and a fourth line of Weber-Sestito- Archibald, we're in trouble.

Our third line needs to be much better.

It's amazing to me how well we're playing with this line-up though. Can't wait until this team is healthy.

So they were even after the split. And Datsyuk and Zetterberg largely out played our top line despite being held without a point. Luo played lights out.

The guy was implying that because the Sedins were split up, the Wings won the matchup.

The Sedins each had a point, therefore they won the match-up despite when they were split up. You don't just choose certain segments of the game as a measure. End of story.

I'm a bit surprised that that sample is significantly less thought inspiring than the others thus far.

One would hope that a tradition like Detroit's would result in a knowledgeable fan base - apparently that element doesn't spend much time on their message boards.

Archived