The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian not what we think he is?

Merely

And Zack has mad dangles?

At least Bernier could put the puck in the net. Kass is on pace for 16 points. Bernier had that with goals alone at the same age.

Kassian can pass the puck and make plays.

Oh yea, Bernier just tore up the league. What has he done since then? :lol:

I can't wait for Kassian to make people like you eat their words. The same people that were ragging on Hodgson saying he was too slow and soft for the NHL.

I don't have high expectations for Kassian? Did you even read the thread?

And Lucic has skill! He is just gifted with his Physical play.

Lucic has 12 points in 11 games.

he has skills, but his so call "physical play" was a gift of being a Bruin. How many players can play the way he play on another team that isn't Boston or LA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJn6e8e1ZCo

Kassian can pass the puck and make plays.

Oh yea, Bernier just tore up the league. What has he done since then? :lol:

I can't wait for Kassian to make people like you eat their words. The same people that were ragging on Hodgson saying he was too slow and soft for the NHL.

That is evident by the fact he is tied for last in the league with assists. What has Bernier done since then? More than Zack has if we're counting numbers.

Na, I was a fan of Cody the whole time. It's looking more and more like we got fleeced in this deal. That'll happen when you make reactionary moves for a guy in the AHL.

That is evident by the fact he is tied for last in the league with assists. What has Bernier done since then? More than Zack has if we're counting numbers.

Na, I was a fan of Cody the whole time. It's looking more and more like we got fleeced in this deal. That'll happen when you make reactionary moves for a guy in the AHL.

Judging by your quick writing off of Kassian I can tell you weren't a supporter of Hodgson the whole time. What a joke.

Bernier was a plug that never showed much of anything in his time here. I'm more impressed with Kassian already then I ever was with Bernier's game. At least Kassian can fight.

What on earth... we should all chill a bit. I've been watching him and he's been dangerous, setting up plays, creating rushes, beating people to the puck, protecting it, creating pressure. Maybe he has a few lazy moments but I think he'll be fine. He's also not getting a whole lot of ice time right now, barely any PP time either as far as I know. Give it time...

Judging by your quick writing off of Kassian I can tell you weren't a supporter of Hodgson the whole time. What a joke.

Bernier was a plug that never showed much of anything in his time here. I'm more impressed with Kassian already then I ever was with Bernier's game. At least Kassian can fight.

Actually, I was a supporter the whole time so you can quit assuming I wasn't because that's all that is. He had shown a helluva lot more than Zack has. I mean, Zack averages 12:30 a game, he averages one shot per game, one hit per game, has 2 blocks. What the hell is he doing out there? Sign me up to skate around out there, I'll do it for free at least. I will be very surprised if he breaks double digits in goals this year.

Kassian has amazing hands, great speed, great strength.

Needs to work on play making, back checking smarter, and giving an overall hard effort consistently

The bolded is the only thing I disagree with you on. I think he has amazing vision and hockey sense for a big man. Just yesterday I was really impressed with this one pass he made as soon as he received the puck from the defense man and kind of sweeping it simultaneously to the left winger who was flying down along the boards. I think it was Richardson.

Zach could become a consistent and reliable player in time.

Last year the team were in desperate need of goals and this year will be no different.The team has enough third and fourth line tough guys,grinders and role players,making Mike look like an amateur with every goal Hodgson puts in the basket.

The problem people have came with denigrating Hodgson to make his decision more worthy , what was given up and lost and the sell job that Gillis made making him look more like an arrogant used car salesman instead of a hockey patriarch.

The problem is Gillis,not Zach.

"Zack is a commodity that is impossible to get if we develop him and make him into the player we think he can be. There's five players in the league that I think are the equivalent and you can not get them, you can not get them in free agency, you can't get them in a trade. So it's really up to us and I think Zack is going to be a more influential player for us moving forward."

"Kassian's size, toughness brings 'better balance' to Canucks, Gillis said.

"We built him (Hodgson) into something we could move," Gillis stated

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Kassian

I think Mike had to deal with a formidable player agent that was not taking his BS and Mike found it a wee bit too uncomortable so he made a bad deal at the worst time based upon what was best for Mikey and not the team.

We found out who Mike Gillis is and not who Kassian is or is not.

Archived