The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth recalled from Utica [Archibald to Utica]

Interesting, that you bring that up. Ironically, like Kesler handing over 'Nucks jerseys & tickets as he bagged groceries & poured coffees while still injured post lock-out....Booth has been out there & doing a lot of community service work, lately. He & Kassian (who was suspended) fronted the 'Nucks while promoting the Raise-A-Reader program. They also visited Canucks' Place with Eddie Lack prior to Halloween.

I observe that Booth is a nice guy & an odd duck. He's got a goofy Ballard-esque character....and is always eager to please & willing to do what the organization asks of him....including obeying the teams' docs & trainers. Not surprised.that he needs more conditioning after being in a cast for months. Musculature diminishes & it's not fun when swelling occurs while casted. Ever try running after having a sprained ankle? Much worse after a cast. It can take a full calender year to correct all of the imbalances.

Sending Booth to Utica might just spark the struggling Comets, in their inaugural season. With his life-habits... Booth won't do 'em harm like some other "Pro" athletes...like say Richie Incognito, Aaron Hernandez, Lamar Odom or Sean Avery...could or would. That's a plus!

I hope Booth comes back & in great condition & performs at a high-level again. He's lost a lot of synergy & timing tho'. Regardless, Booth won't be offered another contract here. His durability will always be questioned. For a far-travelling franchise, "durability" needs to be a consideration for MG...when pursuing new players.

If this or next season is Booth's last hurrah for us...I hope he understands the time to shine is now or never. I will wish him well when he eventually departs. I bet he already knows he's playing for his next contract with his next new team.

I have to agree that he won't be getting another contract here unless there is a dramatic turnaround with his play. I also like the Ballard comparison, both are enigmatic characters, I find Booth difficult to classify, is he a surfer dude? is he a redneck? He looks like Jeff Spicoli.

All you guys are way too hard on Booth. The guy plays hard and goes to the dirty areas. His game is high risk, high reward. Watch this little highlight video and see where he is during most of the plays.

You can talk about his IQ in general as being suspect but his hockey IQ is solid. He knows where to go and he definitely has an abundance of skill.

I believe he will step up his game when we need him to.

I almost forgot that goal against Edmonton. I must have watched 15 times before i could move on from it.

Not sure why people are making a big deal. He needs the ice time to get up to speed so he can actually contribute and hopefully not get hurt again (especially on a nothing play.) It could also help build his confidence and hopefully he can help Utica get their first win and jump start something there. It's good for everyone.

The conditioning assignment can last 14 days. So, Booth will be back (barring injury) in a couple of weeks at a maximum. Even with the rust that is currently on his game, he is still better than the 4th line we are rolling out right now.

Anybody is an upgrade over Dalpe. I don't know why MG "targetted" this guy. The guy is terrible and needs to play in Utica.

Anybody is an upgrade over Dalpe. I don't know why MG "targetted" this guy. The guy is terrible and needs to play in Utica.

He had a ton of potential a few years ago and played a really strong possession game. His corsi was extremely high. Bad development or maybe bad motivation has hurt him quite a bit, but he's still young enough he could manage to become a 40-50pt player in the league if he actually pulls his sh!t together.

We were desperate for center depth at the time.

Eventually he will be back in Utica. They need him right now alot more than the Canucks do.

One thing I noticed from that highlights video is that majority of booths goals are scored 5 feet or less from the net. He's not afraid to work in the gritty areas and drive the net. Those type of plays will be useful in the playoffs to knock in some of those ugly garbage goals on rebound opportunities. I'm disappointed in Booth thus far like everyone else, but I don't wanna give up on him quite yet, I want to see an 82 game season, or close to it, out of him first.

You see this video and he scores from the areas we need guys to score from the most...

Yah. Watchin' Aladeen's clip of Booth's goals as a Canuck....makes me think Booth might be one of the missing X-factors...from their shoot-out roster. He does score a lot of his goals breaking-in...with speed. Hope he's still got those skills intact..& brings 'em to the table when team needs 'em.

Archived