The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sportsnet's Dane Fox: Jets GM has been fielding calls for Evander Kane

Southpop45

Thats three top 6 forwards (big if with Booth, but... :rolleyes: ) on many teams plus a first. Too much I reckon? Nor do we give up on Kassian at this stage IMO. Much rather give up Gaunce than Kassian!

Holy crack batman! Hansen, Horvat, Booth and a first for Kane???

Back on earth roster player, pick and prospect. And this is Kane, not Peter Forsburg we're talking, right?

Booth, value wise, doesn't really count as a roster player. Only reason he would be in the deal is for cap reasons. I think it would also need one of Tanev/Corrado.

Don't see anything less being accepted. Your'e gonna have the entire league banging down the Pegs door for this guy. 22 year old 30 goal scorers who can beat the crap outta half the leagues tough guys don't come cheap. Think the Kessel deal, after the fact.

As mentioned before, if we are moving prospects as the main attraction, a team like Buffalo can come in and offer half a dozen better picks.

I know the rarity of them but I think a three-way trade for Kane with Vancouver, Winnipeg, and a team with a good amount of centers might be what it takes to bring Evander home.

Maybe something with Colorado?

Colorado could use a top 4 d-man, they have an abundance of centers etc.

Something around a three way trade of ROR, Kane, and Edler.

I agree that Kane would make us tougher and legitimate contenders in the west. I am just not sure that we can afford the price. The last thing we would like to see is a Neely repeat, unless it favours us that is. ;)

Kane is a proven player, and still only 22.

I would have no problem trading any one of our prospects for him.

Horvat and Shinkaruk are B prospects?

I don't think so.

I would trade Shinkaruk in a package for Kane any day of the week.

agree completely

Shink is ok, but he's always going to be a one dimensional, Phil Kessel style of player (at a lower level). I'd have no issue with him in a deal to get a bonafide scoring forward.

despite the attitude, Kane would be the exact kind of player this team needs. I don't see it happening though.

Edler, Shink

Kane, 3rd

Horvat and Shinkaruk are B prospects?

I don't think so.

I would trade Shinkaruk in a package for Kane any day of the week.

Yes, I would consider Shinkaruk a B prospect, pre-draft he was jumping up and down the prospect ranking by scouts, he got passed by 23 other teams, and is pretty one dimensional. There's only a few that I would considered "A" prospects (Monahan, Mackinnon, Drouin, Jones), I don't think Hunter falls into the same category as those guys.

Wow is Kane getting overrated on these boards. 6 goals and 5 assists in 18 games isnt that impressive but I know its still early. He's not a big fighter either. He is a top six players but not nearly a 1st liner. I agree that he is something that the Canucks need, but not at the cost of the entire farm.

Wow is Kane getting overrated on these boards. 6 goals and 5 assists in 18 games isnt that impressive but I know its still early. He's not a big fighter either. He is a top six players but not nearly a 1st liner. I agree that he is something that the Canucks need, but not at the cost of the entire farm.

You are severely underrating him IMHO. He is a rare type of player.

He will be a perennial 30 goal scorer who plays with a physical edge and it would not be unlikely that he will top 40 at least a couple of times if he plays with the right players.

Compared to the speculation about Yakupov earlier this week, Kane is a player I'd rather give up major pieces for.

Im surprised how many people want this guy considering his off ice issues. CDC usually is quick to criticize ahy off ice headaches but has consistently been all over this guy. Not sure if its cause of the goal scoring, physical and hometown factors but anyone whose followed his career in WPG closely knows he is a disaster waiting to happen.

<p>

This is one player I would have no problem unloading some of our young talent for.

He's a proven 30 goal scorer and one of the best young powerforwards in the game. Unfortunately I don't think Gillis has the balls or the brains to make a move like that.

But imagine:

Sedin Sedin Kane

Burrows Kesler Kassian

A much bigger and tougher top 6. Honestly if Gillis doesn't wake up and realize this is what it's gonna take to compete against teams like LA, San Jose, and St.Louis, it's gonna be another wasted season. Right now we're just kidding ourselves if we think our top 6 in it's current form can compete with the top teams in the west in the playoffs.

I agree Deniro, this current roster is another 5 games and out , we need to add E. Kane AND Wayne Simmonds.

Archived