The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sportsnet's Dane Fox: Jets GM has been fielding calls for Evander Kane

Southpop45

We need to add E. Kane AND Wayne Simmonds.

Sedin-Sedin-Simmonds

Kane-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Santorelli-Hansen

Booth-Richardson-Welsh/Weise

Garrison Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Corrado- Stanton

not sure if this is enough or too much but adding Simmonds and Kane would show the NHL that the Canucks are getting playoff built.

To Van

E.Kane

To WPG Jets

A.Burrows + N.Jensen + J.Schroeder + Picks TBD

To Van

Wayne Simmonds

To Philly

D.Hamhuis

We need to add E. Kane AND Wayne Simmonds.

Sedin-Sedin-Simmonds

Kane-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Santorelli-Hansen

Booth-Richardson-Welsh/Weise

Garrison Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Corrado- Alberts

not sure if this is enough or too much but adding Simmonds and Kane would show the NHL that the Canucks are getting playoff built.

To Van

E.Kane

To WPG Jets

A.Burrows + C.Tanev + J.Schroeder + Picks TBD

To Van

Wayne Simmonds

To Philly

D.Hamhuis

plz god no

Fools...stop with the nonsense. If they would take Horvat and a 1st for Kane, I'd do it. Wait where have I heard this before...oh yeah Hodgson for Kassian...

Wth? Kesler + Really? What is the point of trading one of our workhorses for a 1 dimensional player. A PF that fights? How many times have we to try and fail at that.

If we get him, it better be for 1 prospect and 1 pick, o/w no thx.

Edler for Kane

Winnipeg would have an incredible defence and it would open up the ability to move a guy like Buff to Edmonton for a player like Yak.

Edler to Win

Kane To Van

Buff to Edm

Yak to Win

Winnipeg gets an exciting, marquis offensive talent to market around, excite the fans forget about Kane very quickly. They don't really lose much defensively in a Edler for Buff swap arguable who's better.

Edmonton, gets a big, veteran Dman with a cup and some talent to help their back end.

Vancouver deals from strength and gives up really the only player with value that we can afford to. And gets its 2nd line power forward.

Makes sense all around

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Kane

Booth Santo Hansen

Higgins Richardson Weise/Tostito

Hammer/ Stanton

Bieksa / Tanev

Garrison/ Corrado

All prospects are unproven, that's why they call them prospects. ;)

true but all of our prospects are along ways from being either Kane like players or solid NHL'rs. With Kane playng well I don't think WPG would accept anything less than at least 2 solid roster players and a blue chip prospect. Trading Kane is insane unless a trade makes the team better now.

Basically any team would have to overpay to get him, but that is the price of doing buisness for a player like Kane

Not if we have to clear out our cupboard for one player. Kane can't do it all by himself.

The majority of our team is inked in for several years. Every one of those years there will be another draft. He definitely won't be alone and we would likely retain one of Horvat/Shinkaruk + Gaunce. Not to mention young guys like Kassian, Tanev and possibly Santo,Richardson,Stanton,Weise ect. could be extended.

A stacked cupboard is nice, but there's only so many positions on the Canucks that will be available over the next few years. None of them are guaranteed to even crack the team either. Kane pushes 1 prospect down the depth chart as well, as he is only 22 himself.

Kane is the flat out definition of everything Gillis has preached on making this team. We already missed the boat to bring in a guy that can help now with the Cody and Schnieds trades. If Kane really is available, and MG doesn't make a serious push for him...pretty clear he's just blowing smoke up all our butts.

Trades often favour the team that gets the best player, Kane is by far the front runner over all our prospects.

Forget Kane. Vancouver would be well served with a Byfuglien type from Winnipeg. I'm sure Kane would be great but Byfuglien be an impact from a nasty and intimidating factor.

As for who one would give up? Not the future.

Coming from a Jets fan, the only thing intimidates is his belt buckle.

Doesn't play as nearly a physical game as he should, considering his heft.

I would love to see Kane come home but I just don t see it being realistic.

Winnipeg s gonna be looking for big returns. They will want a proven top six forward. They will want at least one quality pick and a top prospect. As I look at the Canucks roster, I don t see a top six forward I would be willing to part with. The realistic wants from Vancouver would be Burrows or Kesler. Kesler has been reborn with the Sedins and is playing like Kesler of old. Burrows, while having a rough time right now, will come around and is heart and soul Canuck. I would be angry if either one of these is traded.

Of the posibilities, only Booth and Edler come to mind. Unfortunately, neither player has come out gunnin. Booth is coming back from a reconditioning stint and is yet to fulfill expectations and Edler has all but disappeared off the scoreboard. As the Jets would be looking for immediate offense, these two would not fit at all. They would be chance pick ups; a hope that they can regain their past success and that s not gonna happen with what s coming the other way.

Of our prospects only Cannata and Schroeder come to mind as expendable in my opinion and may be the only two that Winnipeg would look at in a deal. Horvat, Jensen and Gaunce are untouchable, in my opinion, and I don t see any other player that Winipeg would realisticly look at.

As for draft picks, we have become an annual low 1st round picker, which only adds to the negative side of a possible deal.

Add to all of this that MG isn t really feeling the pressure to shake up the team just yet, and it just makes me doubtful that anything concerning Kane would happen here.

Archived