The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sportsnet's Dane Fox: Jets GM has been fielding calls for Evander Kane

Southpop45

Shink, 1st, hansen

No, it's closer to what hsedin33 said with Horvat, 1st, and Booth. The Canucks would need to part with Booth to make the salary even out. The 1st may have to be a 2015 as well, based on the fact that the Jets would be taking an unproven prospect in return and a salary dump. The main piece being Horvat.

No, it's closer to what hsedin33 said with Horvat, 1st, and Booth. The Canucks would need to part with Booth to make the salary even out. The 1st may have to be a 2015 as well, based on the fact that the Jets would be taking an unproven prospect in return and a salary dump. The main piece being Horvat.

Possibly, but I'd rather give up give a lesser prospect and ante up on the proven player (Hansen) than give up Gaunce or Horvat. I don't disagree about it maybe being a 2015 draft pick as this is a much weaker draft. That said, I would try, if I was MG, to make it a conditional...........if the canucks finish with a bottom 10 pick this season, then it's a 2014.

Possibly, but I'd rather give up give a lesser prospect and ante up on the proven player (Hansen) than give up Gaunce or Horvat. I don't disagree about it maybe being a 2015 draft pick as this is a much weaker draft. That said, I would try, if I was MG, to make it a conditional...........if the canucks finish with a bottom 10 pick this season, then it's a 2014.

Problem is that Kane is only 22, a 4th overall pick, and put up 30 goals on a Jets team starved for offense. Because of that, and Kane's upside is around a 70-80 point player, asking for Horvat in return is not too much to ask. To add, the reason why they would ask for him and not Shinkaruk is because they had the opportunity to draft Shinkaruk this year, and they opted for d-man Josh Morrissey. If they really wanted him, they could have had him. They did not have the opportunity to draft Horvat, so he would be the first and only prospect they would inquire about. Lastly, Kane has no say where he goes. If the Canucks want him, they have to give up assets, they can't expect the Jets to just take C level prospects like Jensen. There are plenty of other teams in the NHL that the Jets could trade him to and get back a decent asset in return (ie: Phoenix = Domi).

Honestly, to get Kane my only untouchables would be the twins, Bieksa, Horvat, Kassian and Shinkaruk.

Something around Jensen/Gaunce, Burrows/Kesler, draft pick

you wouldn't trade shink in a deal for Kane? Shink is far from a guaranteed NHL player......same with Horvat.

Yes to Kane - apparently he loves it here and wanted to be drafted here. Bring in Buff who can eat up top 2 dman minutes and versatile to be our version of Burns 2.0 as a forward; single handedly destroyed us in the early Chicago series with his size.... This is the type of deal Gillis needs to make to acquire 2 young and quality players.....

Byfuglien + Kane + Tangradi

for

Edler + Schroeder + Jensen + Gaunce + Booth (we pay all of his contract this year) + 4th round this year that moves to a 1st if we make the conference finals

MAKE THE MOVE GILLIS!

Byfuglien and Kane would cost a hell if a lot more than an Edler, sprinkled with spare parts.

I do agree however, that those two pieces puts the Canucks over the top.

Honestly, to get Kane my only untouchables would be the twins, Bieksa, Horvat, Kassian and Shinkaruk.

Something around Jensen/Gaunce, Burrows/Kesler, draft pick

About 6 posts in the last two days where people say Kassian is untouchable. Soneone please explain on what fracking grounds is Kassian untouchable?

About 6 posts in the last two days where people say Kassian is untouchable. Soneone please explain on what fracking grounds is Kassian untouchable?

Kassian isn't untouchable, but after what we gave up for him and what he has potential to become, why would we move him? Same answer goes for Horvat.

With the history of trying to land home town players via free agency and trades, one has to assume that our management will be in the mix at least if Kane really becomes available. We've been doing this for the past number of years and he is a guy that fits our needs and supposed core/structure down to a tee. So I assume they at least thought it through, and might even overpay to get him, with the potential that he's got.

Kassian isn't untouchable, but after what we gave up for him and what he has potential to become, why would we move him? Same answer goes for Horvat.

This.

Its going to take multiple prospects to land someone who arguably has hit his ceiling. A guy that couldn't even cut it on his KHL team during the lockout.

Other NHL gms according to bob mackenzie came up to Gillis after the schneids deal and told him he drafted a hell of a player.. and I don't doubt that for a minute.

Horvat is increasing his point production while being stalwart defensively and gaining comparisons to Bergeron.

Meanwhile Kane is bad defensively, doesn't get along with his coach and is one dimensional.

Kassian is rough and I really hope the team doesnt give up on him, but if he can put it all together he will bring exactly what Kane does making a need for him redundant other than the sentimental home town boy factor.

This.

Its going to take multiple prospects to land someone who arguably has hit his ceiling. A guy that couldn't even cut it on his KHL team during the lockout.

Other NHL gms according to bob mackenzie came up to Gillis after the schneids deal and told him he drafted a hell of a player.. and I don't doubt that for a minute.

Horvat is increasing his point production while being stalwart defensively and gaining comparisons to Bergeron.

Meanwhile Kane is bad defensively, doesn't get along with his coach and is one dimensional.

Kassian is rough and I really hope the team doesnt give up on him, but if he can put it all together he will bring exactly what Kane does making a need for him redundant other than the sentimental home town boy factor.

Call me crazy but I think it's incredibly short sighted to not be willing to trade a 3rd line prospect who has yet to produce but has "potential" for a guy pretty much as young who has already had a 30g season, especially when you are a team that needs goals..now.

I would happily include Kassian if the return was Kane. I'll take 30goals now over maybe some goals in a few years if we wait.

Honestly it's because our team is filled with washed up vets, and Kassian is at least young.

I am sorry but anyone on this team except Kesler and the sedins should be considered in trading for evander kane! I don't care if he has attitudr problems kane is just the type of the player that puts us over the top! So I would give winnipeg anything they want (except kes, sedins) to get him, yes even tanev (who I love).

Pretty good cap hit... booth almost makes as much..

But evander Kane will cost a 1st a blue chip AND a roster player just to open negotiations. People are talking about the Jet's franchise player right now like he's just going to be given away....

Archived