The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

As someone who loved TLoU, you can't really judge anything from that video. It didn't look amazing nor did it look bad. The small video did it's job and that was to announce TLoU2 was in development. #Hype

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Xbox said:

As someone who loved TLoU, you can't really judge anything from that video. It didn't look amazing nor did it look bad. The small video did it's job and that was to announce TLoU2 was in development. #Hype

I Loved TLoU. Great game and had a great time playing it, single player and multi-player.

I was hoping that if they did a 2nd one that they would use an original story of a different group within the same world and universe. I felt that Joel and Ellie's story had been told. It didn't need to have a sequel. In that respect, I am disappointed that they are going back to the well. I really hope they don't dry it out.

On 12/7/2016 at 7:29 PM, DJSkingz said:

I Loved TLoU. Great game and had a great time playing it, single player and multi-player.

I was hoping that if they did a 2nd one that they would use an original story of a different group within the same world and universe. I felt that Joel and Ellie's story had been told. It didn't need to have a sequel. In that respect, I am disappointed that they are going back to the well. I really hope they don't dry it out.

I agree 100%. I always remember the quote at the end of the game "You always find something to fight for" and then the story ends. That was the most powerful quote I've ever experienced in a video game.

Edited by Xbox

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

I agree 100%. I always remember the quote at the end of the game "You always find something to fight for" and then the story ends. That was the most powerful quote I've ever experienced in a video game.

IMG_1007.PNG

IMG_1008.PNG

IMG_1009.PNG

On 2016-12-06 at 3:48 PM, ftmN said:

Think I'm going to pickup the last guardian, seems to be reviewed very well except for those review sites that are marking it down for the camera issues. 

Good review example: 

Bad review example: 

I'll be picking it up 100% eventually. The only reason I don't already have it is because it came out so soon after Final Fantasy. I've been waiting for both of these games for so long. Shadow of the Colossus is basically my favourite game of all time. I don't expect The Last Guardian to be anywhere near the same kind of game, it's probably more like ICO, but I expect I'll really enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

What do you do when the HDD is full? Sucks that I can't just stick a regular external into the PS4, but what are my alternatives?

Uninstall/ delete games that you don't play (will still keep save files). You can always reinstall them from your library later.

Batman: A Telltale Series

All in all, it was "ok". Better than most Telltale games, though not even close to the same league as Tales from the Borderlands (which is probably why I just though it was "ok"). Some parts were incredibly well done:

Spoiler

1. Lady Arkham/Vicki Vale. This was heartbreaking the more you learned about her past, which came to a head in the final episode.

2. Joker's character and representation

3. Harvey Dent's decay into madness

4. Bruce Wayne's family history. Corrupted father with a terrible history tied to Falcone's and Arkham.

5. Captured the grittiness of Gotham. Very dark and bloody.

Also, from what I've read, your choices really did matter a lot in this one. I haven't read spoilers on other choices, but those who have played it through twice with different choices said that it was surprising how differently things played out. The one I know in particular:

Spoiler

With a choice I made in, I believe episode 2, Harvey Dent did not get scarred on his face and was "good looking" for the rest of the game. And although he did begin his descent into madness (which was sad to see), seeing him transition to Two-Face without being scarred was interesting. Came across like he was suffering from a mental illness, rather than going crazy due to being hurt physically. Hit me right in the feels.

However, while there were incredibly strong parts and moments to the game, others seemed "questionable":

Spoiler

1. The Joker. While his portrayal was great and the writing was done well. He was shoehorned in, and seemed pretty unnecessary. Even though it ended with a great "here's what's in store for season 2", his involvement didn't seem necessary.

2. Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin. The portrayal was terrific, as was his storyline to take over Wayne Enterprises. However, and maybe this was because of my choices in episode 4, it ended with a thud (episode 4 with no mention of him in episode 5).

3. Selina Kyle/Catwoman. She was portrayed well, and you developed good chemistry through episode 3. But then she was pretty useless. Perhaps this was to set her up for future seasons. In which case, "ok".

I think what this series did incredibly well was set up the "Batman Telltale series" to be successful in future seasons. They haven't gone back to The Wolf Among Us (unfortunately), The Walking Dead is a snoozefest, and Game of Thrones didn't leave you thinking there should be another chapter. In this, it was really set up well for a "Stick with us for another 10 years".