The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks VS Chicago Blackhawks - 7:00 PM PST, 10:00 PM EST on CBC

canucktican

8 points out after tonight. When does gillis pull the trigger? From out in 5 and then swept to highly plausibly missing the playoffs this year? When does gillis take the blame?

Really, we really are in trouble when the rules of math have changed.

I would send him down. I've been watching him closely the lat couple games and I desperately want him to succeed but he's not geting the message. He's got to learn that you're fighting a war in the trenches with your brothers and keeping the puck out of the net is a staple of life not a haphazard decision if your so inclined.

I hate to say it but he plays lazy or just careless, There are countless times where he can backcheck a bit and break up plays but he sits on the half boards waiting for opportunities. He's a cheater. That might have worked in junior but he's got to clue in to the fact that he's in the NHL and he has responsibilities.

I agree...he's also got to learn to start imposing his size on other teams..he's big but you seldom see him really using his size to get to the net etc.

Part of that is puck confidence though...

Archived