The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Lose 2-1

Brad Bellick^

Again, making it personal. Just because I expect better out of my team doesn't mean I don't want them to win. If you have that much of an issue with my posts put me on ignore and stop acting like CDC's equivalent of Brad Marchand.

it's only personal, because you want it to be personal. don't try mask it in any way, and no, i'm not making it personal, but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. you've been ragging on luongo all night long, man. i normally don't see you as such, or i just havent paid that much attention, but if your gimmick is to consistently bash lu and attacking other users who disagree with your viewpoint, you have no right to play the victim

everyone should know, that somethings **** happens. we got scored on 9 seconds apart. we're not the only team in the world who has that happen. coming off a back to back game, keeping the hawks, a bona fide elite team to only 2 goals, i can't complain too much about

it's only personal, because you want it to be personal. don't try mask it in any way, and no, i'm not making it personal, but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. you've been ragging on luongo all night long, man. i normally don't see you as such, or i just havent paid that much attention, but if your gimmick is to consistently bash lu and attacking other users who disagree with your viewpoint, you have no right to play the victim

everyone should know, that somethings **** happens. we got scored on 9 seconds apart. we're not the only team in the world who has that happen. coming off a back to back game, keeping the hawks, a bona fide elite team to only 2 goals, i can't complain too much about

Literally any time I criticise Lu, Heretic rushes to his defence, only Heretic never actually bothers to engages in an adult conversation and just slings insults at me. I'm sick of it.

Except for the fact that pretty much any other goalie stops that 2nd goal. Until Luongo finds a way cut out on the 5 hole goals and bellyflops, he'll be a huge liability in goal.

If you bring in another goalie then we'd get blown out 5-1 based on the number and quality of chances the team gave up... good night

Literally any time I criticise Lu, Heretic rushes to his defence, only Heretic never actually bothers to engages in an adult conversation and just slings insults at me. I'm sick of it.

you can't really blame the guy for doing so though. like, i'll admit that 2 goals in 9 seconds was weak, but it's a team sport. sometimes you have to meet people half way. simply, the team didn't score to stay in it. it's not like the chances weren't there. the team stayed competitive afterwards but couldn't capitalize. i felt santo, burrows and higgins were the best out there tonight. thats just how it is

you can't really blame the guy for doing so though. like, i'll admit that 2 goals in 9 seconds was weak, but it's a team sport. sometimes you have to meet people half way. simply, the team didn't score to stay in it. it's not like the chances weren't there. the team stayed competitive afterwards but couldn't capitalize. thats just how it is

I wouldn't blame him if he would at least attempt to engage in an adult discourse, but the guy literally finds every thread I'm in and spews his bile.

That's a reasonable opinion. Again, he needs to stop the second one, but at least you're not acting like a 6 year old because someone disagrees with you.

your commentary 'implies' that the reason we lost this game, along with many other recently is because of Luongo. which is NOT the case.

this is why others are upset

much as during the cup run, you are blaming Lou for no being perfect, yet ignoring the terrible offensive out put of the rest of the team.

In the cup run, Lou got blamed particularly for the loss vs boston, yet this team during that series scored 8 goals in seven games.

effectively in order to win the stanley cup, lou would have had to allow 1 or less per game. yet no one argued the sedin's didn't show up, kesler didn't show up, burr etc.

I was at 3 games during that series had we found a way to score, Lou would have won the conn smythe

In a similar vein you are now blaming him for losing this game (yet he kept them in it). you give him no credit for some of the big saves he made earlier in the game (ie off Kane on the 2 on 1) to hold his team in.

Yes that was a bad goal. was it the reason we lost NO...

the reason we are losing has zero to do with our goaltending, it has to do with our lack of scoring.

your constant harping on lou shows a incredible lack of hockey knowledge and displays you as a whiny little kid who wants to troll...sorry thats fact.

your commentary 'implies' that the reason we lost this game, along with many other recently is because of Luongo. which is NOT the case.

this is why others are upset

much as during the cup run, Luo got blamed particularly for the loss vs boston, yet this team during that series scored 8 goals in seven games.

effectively in order to win the stanley cup, lou would have had to allow 1 or less per game. yet no one argued the sedin's didn't shot up, kesler didn't show up, burr etc.

I was at 3 games during that series had we found a way to score, Lou would have won the conn smythe

In a similar vein you are now blaming him for keeping his team in the game. you give him no credit for some of the big saves he made earlier in the game (ie off Kane on the 2 on 1) to hold his team in.

Yes that was a bad goal. was it the reason we lost NO...

the reason we are losing has zero to do with our goaltending, it has to do with our lack of scoring.

your constant harping on lou shows a incredible lack of hockey knowledge and displays you as a whiny little kid who wants to troll...sorry thats fact.

No that's an opinion. At least you attempted to add some content. Heretic, however, is adding literally nothing to the conversation and is making things personal. It's fine if you disagree with me, but it's not fine when you act like he is,

Lui was terrific. Shoulda had that second goal but none the less terrific .

Team needs to keep up the good work. We out shot ans out chanced the cup champs even on a back to back night.

Hope the city of Chicago gets a tsunami or earth quake. I hate anything related to them. Hope Keith breaks his face.

No that's an opinion. At least you attempted to add some content. Heretic, however, is adding literally nothing to the conversation and is making things personal. It's fine if you disagree with me, but it's not fine when you act like he is,

when your goalie lets in 2 goals a game, you should be winning alot more than losing its that simple. and lou has done that but we're losing so the problem is offense buddy.

learn to play the game and you might get it.

Team needs to keep up the good work. We out shot ans out chanced the cup champs even on a back to back night.

Hope the city of Chicago gets a tsunami or earth quake. I hate anything related to them. Hope Keith breaks his face.

you go a little overboard on your little schtick sometimes

when your goalie lets in 2 goals a game, you should be winning alot more than losing its that simple. and lou has done that but we're losing so the problem is offense buddy.

learn to play the game and you might get it.

Again., the second goal was DREADFUL. When your team has been having trouble scoring, you need to focus and find a way to save those.

I hate Chicago too but come on. Probably half the population doesn't watch hockey..

This one is on us, we got outplayed and gave up after the 3rd.

Dont worry lads,

we got Zac Dalpe and David Booth standing by.Gillis doesn't have one forward in the TOP 9 that plays physical. That's a problem.This team use to hit and cause turnovers and scoring chances but they don't hit anymore.Kassian + Booth should be dominating power forwards , they should consistently be out there running defensemen thru the boards and causing turnovers. Instead ones benched + the others in the press box. i said it at the start of our year that our season depended on those 2 making big contributions and so far they've been awol. More hitting, more turnovers, more goals.

Again., the second goal was DREADFUL. When your team has been having trouble scoring, you need to focus and find a way to save those.

shouldn't the sedin's, burr, kes, hansen, garrison edler, find a way to focus and score? you clearly have never played the game man..

its fine, being a sofa superstar you have a right to blame...when you've played the game you get its a team effort and scoring one goal a game doesn't allow you to win very often

For all of you blaming Luongo, you have to be kidding me. Here's a pretty simple formula:

On average, a winning team scores 3 or more goals.

On average, a winning team lets in 2 goals or less.

Luongo has done his job if he lets in 2 goals or less on any given night, and the offence is expected to score at least 2 goals. Tonight the only goal we could score was off a lucky rebound that went straight to Kesler on a 5-on-3 powerplay which was an absolute given. This loss is on the offence. The defence played pretty well (except for the trio of 2-on-1s against) and the goaltending was spectacular to cover up all those problems. Luongo is the absolute least of our problems right now.

Gillis needed to go with AV and his coaching staff last year. Burke was available at the time and we all know how good he is at making trades, and I'm sure a few others as well that would've been better options than MG. We need a GM who has the balls to make a trade for a top six forward or two and wants to improve this team. Gillis is too scared to make a big trade for secondary scoring and uses the 'it's a process' excuse when we score 1 or 2 goals a game. It's honestly starting to drive me nuts.

Burke is a very overrated GM yes he won a cup with Anaheim but most of the pieces that were key to that win were either already there or very easy moves to make

Burke got the Sedins but failed in his tenure to ever get a number one goalie which his successor did except most of the core were on their last legs and ended up being traded

His moves in Toronto still have yet to produce anything beyond a 1st round exit which he wasn't even there for

His moves outside of the Sedins were horrible in his time here his other highlights were

Salo

getting Linden back

Brad May

Jovo

Klatt

Morrison

those were done in his first 2 years as a GM after that he goes downhill very fast

Currently Gillis trades that impacted this team are as follows

Ehrhoff

Higgins

Lapierre

Ballard

Alberts

Booth

Kassian

all these players have had their good times and bad times with this team same goes with the list of good players Burke got but the amount of duds Burke traded for is astounding here is a few for Gillis so far

Yan Statsny

Andrew Peters

Ryan Parent

Samuel Pahlsson

Derek Roy

Steven Reinprecht

Nathan Paetsch

Jonas Andersson

Sean Zimmerman

Andrew Gordon

actually those are pretty much all his duds that are no longer with the team now take into account the quality free agents Gillis has actually signed to this team vs Burke too lazy to make a list you will see which GM over close to the same amount of time each has had a better impact

Archived