The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marc Bergevin Looking To Make A Splash

ThatsSedinery

Article Link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl131124.html

"According to the Ottawa Sun, the Canadiens have been trying to move winger Rene Bourque and his $3.3 million cap hit. "

"The Sun claims the Chicago Blackhawks inquired about Bourque before acquiring Kris Versteeg from the Florida Panthers. "

"It's unclear who Bergevin has been targeting, as he is not an individual overly willing to talk about potential moves. The Habs have been constantly linked to Winnipeg Jets left wing Evander Kane, and while there were some discussions in the past, it's unknown if those talks were revisited lately.

The Habs have also been engaged in contract discussions with defensemen P.K. Subban, Andrei Markov and Raphael Diaz. "

"Even with Alex Galchenyuk, Lars Eller and Brendan Gallagher performing well as the club's top line, and Max Pacioretty coming on of late, tallying five goals in his last two games, the Canadiens rank 16th in the NHL in goals-per-game, averaging 2.62. "

Well it seems like Bergevin wants another forward in return for Bourque. If they increase that goals-per-game I believe they will be solid contenders.

Article Link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl131124.html

"According to the Ottawa Sun, the Canadiens have been trying to move winger Rene Bourque and his $3.3 million cap hit. "

"The Sun claims the Chicago Blackhawks inquired about Bourque before acquiring Kris Versteeg from the Florida Panthers. "

"It's unclear who Bergevin has been targeting, as he is not an individual overly willing to talk about potential moves. The Habs have been constantly linked to Winnipeg Jets left wing Evander Kane, and while there were some discussions in the past, it's unknown if those talks were revisited lately.

The Habs have also been engaged in contract discussions with defensemen P.K. Subban, Andrei Markov and Raphael Diaz. "

"Even with Alex Galchenyuk, Lars Eller and Brendan Gallagher performing well as the club's top line, and Max Pacioretty coming on of late, tallying five goals in his last two games, the Canadiens rank 16th in the NHL in goals-per-game, averaging 2.62. "

Well it seems like Bergevin wants another forward in return for Bourque. If they increase that goals-per-game I believe they will be solid contenders.

As a Blackhawks fan I am relieved that we got Versteeg over Bourque. There was no way I wanted Bourque back on the roster.

Ok, IF we got Subban(big deal involving Edler/Burr/etc), would he sign for slightly less(say 6.5 long-term), to play in the same org as his brother?

IF we got him, and IF he signed with us I doubt he would sign for anything under 7 but who knows. Anyways wouldn't it be cool to see the two brothers playing together?

Ok, IF we got Subban(big deal involving Edler/Burr/etc), would he sign for slightly less(say 6.5 long-term), to play in the same org as his brother?

What's next, his great uncle's nephew's best friend married a girl from Vancouver so he has to sign for less?? WTF is that excuse

LOL why does every Canucks players has to sign a hometown discount?

Bad contracts crippl

What's next, his great uncle's nephew's best friend married a girl from Vancouver so he has to sign for less?? WTF is that excuse

LOL why does every Canucks players has to sign a hometown discount?

Bad contracts cripple an organization. When your top guys take less than market value, they're setting an example to the rest of the team that winning is the most important thing, team over individual mentality. Plus the players live in one of the most beautiful places in the world....that has to be worth something.

Thousands of kids grow up dreaming about being a Canuck...not sure I can say the same about teams like Carolina. That's why they have to pay players like Semin $7.0M a year.

Not sure if you're confusing Grabner with someone else? Nicklas Jensen maybe?

Or if you're suggesting Bourque to NYI? If so, NYI has no interest in Bourque.

I think nyi would, both grabner and bourque need a change of scenery. i think if they gave the chance play with tavares and vanek he could possibly turn around his career.

bourque-tavares-vanek

clutterbuck/nelson-neilsen-okposo

would be a better top-6 than their current one.

As much as Booth has absolutely ZERO value, the Habs are in a very similar situation with Bourque.

Booth only has 1 year left on his contract after this season, while Bourque still has at 3.33 million.

BOTH have had major injury troubles and put up very minimal points in the games they have played since being traded to new teams.

Booth + pick/prospect for Bourque.

As much as Booth has absolutely ZERO value, the Habs are in a very similar situation with Bourque.

Booth only has 1 year left on his contract after this season, while Bourque still has at 3.33 million.

BOTH have had major injury troubles and put up very minimal points in the games they have played since being traded to new teams.

Booth + pick/prospect for Bourque.

I believe Bergevin doesn't want to take a gamble on a player that might be able to help his team score, rather he would want a player that gurantees more production. As from a Canuck's prespective I would love it.

I wish the Canucks to could manage 2.62 goals per game.......

This...and Montreals manager is out beating the bushes...while ours sits and twiddles his thumbs and we fall further and further out of the playoff race with no sign of any proven goal scorer on the horizon...I really think Gillis new this would be a write off year and no playoffs for us,,nothing has been done to show improvement in the areas we were lacking in...cant win the Stanley Cup with a 2nd line that is your first PK line.

This...and Montreals manager is out beating the bushes...while ours sits and twiddles his thumbs and we fall further and further out of the playoff race with no sign of any proven goal scorer on the horizon...I really think Gillis new this would be a write off year and no playoffs for us,,nothing has been done to show improvement in the areas we were lacking in...cant win the Stanley Cup with a 2nd line that is your first PK line.

Gillis kind of pisses me off, It's getting kind of aggrevating seeing our team fall down the standings day by day, and his only response is "It's the process."

Archived