The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marc Bergevin Looking To Make A Splash

ThatsSedinery

His brother will likely never play in the NHL.

actually Jordan has everything he needs to play in the NHL. I've written a few times about both PK and Malcolm's growth spurts. Both were drafted very close to Jordan's current size and both have since pot on considerable size abs height.

Jordan is apparently now almost ten pounds heavier in lean muscle not overall weight than when he was drafted not 6 months ago.

I have my odds on Jordan Subban hitting the exact same growth spurt as both of his brothers and being an integral part of this team

As much as Booth has absolutely ZERO value, the Habs are in a very similar situation with Bourque.

Booth only has 1 year left on his contract after this season, while Bourque still has at 3.33 million.

BOTH have had major injury troubles and put up very minimal points in the games they have played since being traded to new teams.

Booth + pick/prospect for Bourque.

There is a bit of symmetry to their careers, both having been given large contracts and then had their careers thrown off track by injuries. Honestly I don't mind the trade suggestion too much. Could be a case of both players being traded to a conference that doesn't suit their style of play. Obviously it wouldn't be a guaranteed solution to our problems this year but who knows, we'd have the extra year with Bourque but at a lower hit, and the cap is going nowhere but up. I'm not against it, provided it's a low pick or a redundant prospect.

Sounds like Bourque and Booth are in pretty similar places. MG needs to identify these sorts of struggling, big forwards with big cap hits who are similar to Booth and look for a swap because sometimes a change of scenery is all these players need, and quite frankly the only thing we can manage to do.

Sounds like Bourque and Booth are in pretty similar places. MG needs to identify these sorts of struggling, big forwards with big cap hits who are similar to Booth and look for a swap because sometimes a change of scenery is all these players need, and quite frankly the only thing we can manage to do.

No ty to bourque just waive booth. We need the roster spot

Bourque may have his troubles - but this year he has had the exact same production as Kassian (5G, 1A), in only 1 more game played. That's nearly a 20-goal pace; if Booth were scoring that much, we'd be doing cartwheels.

Booth looks totally done. NOBODY wants him at this point. We'd have to trade a pretty decent asset just to get rid of him. Better to wait and just buy him out.

Evander Kane to Montreal?

I think the MTL atmosphere would kill any attitude issues he may have like they did with PK Subban.

He would also have a couple of fellow Vancouverites to play with in Carey Price & Josh Gorges, as well as being another big, young winger for MTL to build around.

Minor splash.

Beaulieu and a 3rd for Hansen.

Gives us a talented puck moving D prospect and leaves us roughly $4.1 mill in cap space, with 4 good young D (Stanton, Tanev, Corrado, Beaulieu), 4 even better (?) center prospects (Horvat, Cassels, Gaunce & Schroeder) and 3 top winger prospects (Shinkaruk, Kassian and Jensen) to dangle for the competitive balance we need. $5.0 if we waive Booth (1st $900k can be buried).

Bigger splash.

Beaulieu, Prust and a 2knd for Burrows and baby Subban. (Burrows waives to move home).

Solid trade for both teams IMO. $500K more salary cap space than in the Hansen option above.

We do not have the really big splash to offer!

Yes obsessed with acquiring a puck rushing D prospect. We also need a top 6 winger, but so do Montreal (maybe they bite on home boy Burrows?) so we ain't getting that from Montreal. It makes us weaker, but we aint winning a cup as is IMO. So load up on prospects and space, make another move if it appears, but otherwise we should not be going all in yet anyway...

Minor splash.

Gives us a talented puck moving D prospect and leaves us roughly $4.1 mill in cap space, with 4 good young D (Stanton, Tanev, Corrado, Beaulieu), 4 even better (?) center prospects (Horvat, Cassels, Gaunce & Schroeder) and 3 top winger prospects (Shinkaruk, Kassian and Jensen) to dangle for the competitive balance we need. $5.0 if we waive Booth (1st $900k can be buried).

Bigger splash.

Beaulieu, Prust and a 2knd for Burrows and baby Subban. (Burrows waives to move home).

Solid trade for both teams IMO. $500K more salary cap space than in the Hansen option above.

Yes obsessed with acquiring a puck rushing D prospect. We also need a top 6 winger, but so do Montreal (maybe they bite on home boy Burrows?) so we ain't getting that from Montreal. It makes us weaker, but we aint winning a cup as is IMO. So load up on prospects and space, make another move if it appears, but otherwise we should not be going all in yet anyway...

Do you really think Gillis will do all that work? :lol:

Minor splash.

Bigger splash.

The Habs gambled with PK's contract and now run the risk of him walking. I would not move Subban younger in hopes of signing his brother. Problem would be the $8 mil price tag on PK. Even signing him as a UFA would cause a huge shakeup in the Canuck roster and group think.

The Habs gambled with PK's contract and now run the risk of him walking. I would not move Subban younger in hopes of signing his brother. Problem would be the $8 mil price tag on PK. Even signing him as a UFA would cause a huge shakeup in the Canuck roster and group think.

P.K. Is going to be RFA not UFA. Beyond that negotiations for a new contract started last week. I don't know where everyone gets the idea that Montreal is in danger if losing him. He has 2 more years after this season before he has potential UFA status. I suspect he'll be licked up long term well before then

actually Jordan has everything he needs to play in the NHL. I've written a few times about both PK and Malcolm's growth spurts. Both were drafted very close to Jordan's current size and both have since pot on considerable size abs height.

Jordan is apparently now almost ten pounds heavier in lean muscle not overall weight than when he was drafted not 6 months ago.

I have my odds on Jordan Subban hitting the exact same growth spurt as both of his brothers and being an integral part of this team

In addition, PK has said about his brother that Jordan is a more intelligent and skilled young player than himself.

Archived