The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL about to reach Canadian broadcasting deal, only TWO broadcasters

Rogers also gets exclusive editorial rights. Our complete hockey watching experience is going to be controlled by one company. This is a terrible thing for us. But well played Mr. Bettman, you're now able to subsidize all your crap southern franchises at the expense of all of us Canadian fools

How bad is it that I trust Rogers, a borderline CRIMINAL organization, more than I trust the taxpayer funded CBC to deliver a watchable product?

As much as I dislike TSN at times, and for some of the things they do.

It really sucks there gone, I enjoyed being featured on TSN every now and then. Damn, **** the NHL.

I ,for one, am glad TSN is gone....Even when a canuck game was being played. TSN made the broadcast into something about the leafs.( TSN owning a 50% share in the company that owns the leafs might say something). TSN could have bucked up.. but they didn't. Yet even without bucking up, They cant even shut up.. Tsn twitter feeds( aww.. poor me.. poor.. me). James Duthie. Bob Mac can all suck it... If they wanted sympathy, they might have been a little less PRO-Leafs, And more Pro- Canadian hockey!

I ,for one, am glad TSN is gone....Even when a canuck game was being played. TSN made the broadcast into something about the leafs.( TSN owning a 50% share in the company that owns the leafs might say something). TSN could have bucked up.. but they didn't. Yet even without bucking up, They cant even shut up.. Tsn twitter feeds( aww.. poor me.. poor.. me). James Duthie. Bob Mac can all suck it... If they wanted sympathy, they might have been a little less PRO-Leafs, And more Pro- Canadian hockey!

Ironic considering the NHL broadcast rights now belong to the owners of the Leafs.

Rogers is spending more money per capita in Canada for the rights than is spent in the US for the NFL rights.

$400+ Million in Canada X 10 times the population = $4+ Billion in the US

vs $3.8 Billion for NFL rights in the US

Not sure of the exact particulars but there are 5X more NHL games and FOX shares the tv rights with 3 other netwrks.

i dunno what you're smokling but i never considered bob mac to be pro leafs. oh and don't forget about the whole canada jrs. thing that TSN has been televising for ages now around xmaz / new years. yea that definetly isn't pro canadian being the only one to televise our young canadian hockey talent live from various places around the world. the closest i heard duthie being pro leafs is when he commented that he was twitter friends with "optimusreim"... oh no! what an evil, evil person that duthie is!

Rogers is spending more money per capita in Canada for the rights than is spent in the US for the NFL rights.

$400+ Million in Canada X 10 times the population = $4+ Billion in the US

vs $3.8 Billion for NFL rights in the US

Maybe I'm just tired, but those numbers don't sound right. I found a couple of articles that add the NFL TV rights up to somewhere between $6B and $7B per year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2011/12/14/the-nfl-signs-tv-deals-worth-26-billion/

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052970204026804577098774037075832

The Rogers NHL deal is $5.4B over 12 years. The NFL is raking in more than that every year from its TV deals. So per captia, the NFL deal is still far larger.

how are they clowns?do clowns have familys? classy

Not sure if you know this, but the purpose of EI is to feed these families. If Hrudy, Healy, Stock, MacLean, Weekes, Oake, and Lee want to provide for their family better, they can find a new profession where they are actually contributing something positive to society instead of spewing their garbage on national TV.

No we will still get coaches corner with Ron Maclean, too bad.

Nope. Rogers will produce HNIC. Rogers even COLLECTS THE ADD REVENUE on HNIC broadcasts now. The only thing CBC about it will be that there is a game on the channel. All of the CBC HNIC broadcast team is gone. And that means MacLean, Cherry, PJ Stock, Weekes, Jim Hughson, Craig Simpson, Elliott Freidman, Mark Lee, Greg Millen, and Glen Healy. All gone!

Adios!

Archived