The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ways to improve the Sportsnet Broadcasts (John & John version)

:D

What I think is that you're being serious in a not-so-serious thread.

I've always taken issue with the pair's homerism but seeing something similar to what the morans on here believed being put down to type from someone on the take from the Canucks was enough for me. I don't like them, but I still tune in when not at my desktop.

I thought the faux pas tonight was hilarious and enough to rile up some hotheads.

oh don't try to play that crap now..

I have no problem with and actually liked the fact that Garrett brought it up as he was trying to point out the mindset of Patrick Roy, a former goalie, for pulling his goalie with 5 minutes left in the game.

Now Shorty I've really never cared for and wouldn't have an issue if Rogers shipped him out.

I don't understand how anyone can NOT like John and John. IMO, someone must have a really long hockey stick up their a$$ to get so upset over the two of them commentating the Nucks games. I don't mind one bit that they are biased towards our team. They are Nucks fans too! They follow the team around, travel with the organization and SN, and they call an intelligent and hilarious game night in and night out. The fact that someone doesn't laugh at some of the things those two talk about is proof that some lightening up is greatly in need.

They are my favourite. We went to Homer school together back in 1913.

I guess what I like is that they aren't clinical and boring...they're kind of silly and bring a very human element to it. I like people who are themselves and don't try to be anything more/different. What you see is what you get. That's what these two are...down to earth and not much flash or pizazz...just hometown boys.

Yeah I wouldn't call it whoring themselves out. I think that's much more Sportsnet's management who makes those decisions. It's either they do the commercial plugs, or they don't get the job. I hardly blame them for it.

I'm not sure why the other guy was saying he hates Garrett. What are the reasons for that exactly? You want more technical, less emotional analysis or what? I see Garrett as a lovable old man from the colourful 70s era of hockey. I think he's great.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you wrote here, including your correction of my previous post.

I enjoyed Larsheid because of how often he would say just the dumbest things and there would always be a second or two of silence while people pieced things together.

He was like that one friend that people keep around just because they would say the most hilarious things unintentionally at inopportune times.

Like the time he said...I just got back from the locker room and Pavels groin feels fine...ta..dum.........liked Tom..as for John and John,, I kinda like em,,they are homey to me,I feel comfortable listening to them, there are lots worse..I do agree about Joey Kenward,,,where did this tool come from..where ever it was he needs to go back there pronto.

I guess what I like is that they aren't clinical and boring...they're kind of silly and bring a very human element to it. I like people who are themselves and don't try to be anything more/different. What you see is what you get. That's what these two are.

So they were homerschooled?

What I think is that you're being serious in a not-so-serious thread.

I've always taken issue with the pair's homerism but seeing something similar to what the morans on here believed being put down to type from someone on the take from the Canucks was enough for me. I don't like them, but I still tune in when not at my desktop.

I thought the faux pas tonight was hilarious and enough to rile up some hotheads.

Uh huh. :lol:

I guess what I like is that they aren't clinical and boring...they're kind of silly and bring a very human element to it. I like people who are themselves and don't try to be anything more/different. What you see is what you get. That's what these two are...down to earth and not much flash or pizazz...just hometown boys.

My feelings too Deb :)

Like the time he said...I just got back from the locker room and Pavels groin feels fine...ta..dum.........liked Tom..as for John and John,, I kinda like em,,they are homey to me,I feel comfortable listening to them, there are lots worse..I do agree about Joey Kenward,,,where did this tool come from..where ever it was he needs to go back there pronto.

I loved Joey and Bill with the Giants.

Maybe there was a lot less stress when you were only broadcasting out to 45 people

I like when they talk about Subway and nachos and random stories about themselves, it helps me get to know them and humanizes them/makes them feel like real people instead of robots. Kenward is brutal, I hope he doesnt last much longer.

[quote name='Sedins23'

timestamp='1386568843' post='11835567']

Most of the time the shorter you are the higher the voice. Not always the case but in this case its true. Don't pick on him for it.

Broadcasting is all about the voice and Hughson has the best voice that's why he's so good.

I really like John and John myself.

I don't see why it's a big deal if they mention food and whatever else. It's not like it affects the broadcast

I like John and John,.even the nacho comments don't bother me (wow..lighten up peeps,why so serious?)...The only guy I cannot stand is Joey Kenward,his delivery is always forced,and he has the charisma of a fax machine...or maybe I just miss Kristen Reid.

Get back, Honky Cat.

I really like John and John myself.

I don't see why it's a big deal if they mention food and whatever else. It's not like it affects the broadcast

It's bushleague and if these guys are going to ride the Rogers contract into greener pastures, they are going to have to tighten things up.

I like John and John. They have great chemistry and tend to have humanly conversation during games. Networks like TSN and CBC try to stay as professional as possible which can kill the mood imo. In fact I find commentators from pretty much every other network, tend to criticize every play and that is ALL they know(excluding a few, Jim Hughson, Bob Cole, Chris Cuthbert), which sometimes is acceptable, but most them bring negative vibes and un-needed drama to the table.

John and John will always praise players for their skill, sometimes acknowledge their mistakes, but won't go in to great detail about them. They also catch things that I won't always see and John Garrett not only explains each play very well,he will explain WHY something happened and have evidence to back his claims. Much more enjoyable than have Pierre McGuire point out what everybody already knows, and then continue to repeat himself :bored: .

Archived