The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs DAL - 12/19/13 - 5:30PM

Strombone1

You sound like the 5 year old crying when somebody points out the obvious and Luongo gets pulled because of his poor performance.

Whats happened is the Canucks have played pretty sound defense all season and Lack has looked better then Luongo and he's a rookie coming off a injury.

This is just another one of Luongos many soft starts this season and you can cry and live in denial all you want.

Luongo needs to be better just like Torts has said.

you probably think Jones is the best goalie in the league because he has a 0.82GAA after 6 games, people like you that just look at a sample size that small and think that's an accurate gauge of how good a player is are clueless.

You sound like the 5 year old crying when somebody points out the obvious and Luongo gets pulled because of his poor performance.

Whats happened is the Canucks have played pretty sound defense all season and Lack has looked better then Luongo and he's a rookie coming off a injury.

This is just another one of Luongos many soft starts this season and you can cry and live in denial all you want.

Luongo needs to be better just like Torts has said.

Did Torts say that anytime during our win streak? He said it before and Lu did play better, did he not?

You are simply stupid. I am going to stop wasting my time with you. You seem to have a very poor memory as well.

Heres my take..Hanson off the first line,,,what a joke..

not defense fault

no pop on the forward lines.

move kass to 1st line,,what would it hurt..lol

what a joke

Here's' my take...

- our top players can't score - the shootout is simply a confirmation of the lack of true goal scoring forwards on this team

- the team continues to have mental lapses resulting in mini-breakdowns

- Lu wasn't there tonight to bail anyone out

- Lehtonen made a number of saves he probably shouldn't, while Lu let in some he should have had. Lehtontn sv% .957, Lu .789

They have never addressed the lack of a legitimate top 6 sniper and have zero ability to ever score their way out of trouble. The Sedins are a shadow of what they were a couple years ago so secondary scoring is now a requirement every game to have a chance to win. When Lu has an off game (tonight) it's a forgone conclusion that they will roll over.

The supporting cast are pretty good but it's the core that is consistently letting the team down.

Yeah but, we just extended them at $7 million each a season - are you saying they're not going to live up to that salary?

Oh he's a great junior player no doubt but he plays with absolutely no drive when it comes to opponents bigger than him. He walks around people in juniors but he was almost invisible during the young stars tourney and pre season. I'll be surprised if he makes the team next year. Happily surprised though but I'm extremely skeptical about this kid. He just doesn't seem to have a dirty game needed for the league.

I thought he played well during the preseason, he made some really nice passes and I never noticed him play bad at all.

Nikushkin is only in the NHL now because of his size. Development wise he's far from a slam dunk ..the raw tools are there but he doesn't strike me as a potential franchise player.

You must admit that anyone drafter 6 months ago that makes it to the bigs is at least impressive. Bo may turn out to be better but he's behind Nikushkin as of now

Here's' my take...

- our top players can't score - the shootout is simply a confirmation of the lack of true goal scoring forwards on this team

- the team continues to have mental lapses resulting in mini-breakdowns

- Lu wasn't there tonight to bail anyone out

- Lehtonen made a number of saves he probably shouldn't, while Lu let in some he should have had. Lehtontn sv% .957, Lu .789

Okay,,I somewhat agree.

The Big Luongo guy just can't get over the fact that it is simply an off night for Lu, we would be stupid to argue and say he was good this game and its not his fault. He thinks Lu has been playing this poorly since the start of the season

What i can't get over is how many bad nights over the last few years Luongos had and all the money the canucks gave him because they had faith in him and all fools do is make excuses for the guy.

What i can't get over is how many bad nights over the last few years Luongos had and all the money the canucks gave him because they had faith in him and all idiots do is make excuses for the guy.

need some crylenol? you've already made it clear you're a bitter Schneider fan who's still mad about the trade. Go cheer for new jersey

What i can't get over is how many bad nights over the last few years Luongos had and all the money the canucks gave him because they had faith in him and all fools do is make excuses for the guy.

He plays lights out for December and the ONE GAME he has an off night and you want to bash him over it? You have some expectations lol

Yeah but, we just extended them at $7 million each a season - are you saying they're not going to live up to that salary?

Those contracts were a reward for past performance but not an indicator of what the Sedins will bring during the term. The twins appear to be declining quite rapidly and their contracts could end up being as much or more of a problem for MG as Lu's was, maybe more. HOw do you get anyone to take $14M and who would take one without the other? Would anyone take Daniel at $7M?

Archived