The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks - December 20, 2013

canucktican

I understand they want him to be able to play defense against top offensive players, but he's never to learn how if he's never given a chance.

I'd rather see Dalpe get a look with the Sedins than more of this nonsense with Hansen.

Ya, I understand that about Kassian as well. Fortunately, he's been playing his best defensive hockey (short of 1 game) last 8-9 games. He should have been rewarded. If not him, someone else should get a shot w/ Sedins. IF Torts knew anything about advanced statistics he'd know that matchup isn't working right now. As much as a coaching staff can win you games, they can lose them for you just as quickly - that's what I'm seeing lately.

Ya, I understand that about Kassian as well. Fortunately, he's been playing his best defensive hockey (short of 1 game) last 8-9 games. He should have been rewarded. If not him, someone else should get a shot w/ Sedins. IF Torts knew anything about advanced statistics he'd know that matchup isn't working right now. As much as a coaching staff can win you games, they can lose them for you just as quickly - that's what I'm seeing lately.

Yeah I'm not getting it. Kassian has played well against decent competition and he's still stuck on the third line at best. Meanwhile, the Sedin line with Hansen get's their teeth kicked and doesn't produce. Right now, offense is more important than defense as goal scoring has been the issue and I think Kassian with the Sedins could help that.

Archived