The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

after watching this game a couple of comments: 1- the canucks now have to be considered in the absolute elite of the league- I mean beating chicago at home, totally outplaying them, in the second of back to back games and with a ridiculously depleted line up; 2- what does that say about tortorella? i mean is the guy the best coach in the world or what?

That's pushing it a little, but I agree that we responded well with an awesome game tonight, and yes, TORTS IS AWESOME!

after watching this game a couple of comments: 1- the canucks now have to be considered in the absolute elite of the league- I mean beating chicago at home, totally outplaying them, in the second of back to back games and with a ridiculously depleted line up; 2- what does that say about tortorella? i mean is the guy the best coach in the world or what?

I wouldn't say they completely outplayed them but they did pull off an impressive comeback. As for being regarded as an Elite team i still need to see more, they beat the hawks but so did the Leafs 7-3.

PS - I love Torts going with Weber and Dalpe in the shootout. You never know. Maybe a diamond in the rough somewhere in there.

Hank's attempt was pathetic. He's gotta stop trying that same move over and over.

Good win for the team with some adversity - 2nd of back to backs, 2-0 deficit

Lack was awesome

The Chaunsters' 3 stars:

1 Eddie Lack - solid all round performance, esp in the SO

2 Kass - really improving his game all around under Torts, nice goal too!

3 Tanev - another solid performance, excellent back checker - really impressed me

Exactly the 3 stars i would pick! toss up between santo/tanev

Also should mention:

I love the passion from Torts after we won the shootout. The scream and the air punch were great. Shows how much he cares about winning.

I was never a fan of coaches that have a poker face all game long and just walk right off the bench as soon as a game is over. That passion of Torts will permeate into his players too

1st goal wasn't that weak actually. It was tipped 10 feet in front of him of a shot from the hottest guy in the world.

He should've had that one. Early in the game though and hadn't settled yet. Not going to make an excuse for that one. Just have to call a spade a spade. Everything after that was great.

Nice! so many good things to take from this game...beating a well rested hawks team on a back to back game and coming back down 2-0. Torts needs to start Lack sunday, forget the whole Lou being #1 we need a goalie who is winning us games and that's Lack!

Also consider that the Canucks were down two top four defenseman and a top six forward. Easy on the Luongo hate though. He was unreal against Boston. Otherworldly.

Archived