The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Canucks Injury Thread

Blueberries

Did nobody else see him get slashed by Eberle last night with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd? Laid on the ice then hobbled to the bench. He finished the game, I think one more shift, but he took a slash right above the back of his skate. Looked similar to the Kassian/Gagner slash in the way Eberle spun around, just obviously not quite as serious.

Did nobody else see him get slashed by Eberle last night with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd? Laid on the ice then hobbled to the bench. He finished the game, I think one more shift, but he took a slash right above the back of his skate. Looked similar to the Kassian/Gagner slash in the way Eberle spun around, just obviously not quite as serious.

I have been scouring for a link to it today. I'm fairly sure that is what injured him. I saw it, so did the other people at my work. He also slashed Tanev earlier in the game behind the net, he was clearly frustrated.

I have been scouring for a link to it today. I'm fairly sure that is what injured him. I saw it, so did the other people at my work. He also slashed Tanev earlier in the game behind the net, he was clearly frustrated.

Should clearly be fined.

Could be a rest day for him to check it out

Unless we hear more, that's what I'd assume. No reason to panic certainly, and with this having so little to go on, I'd think it's better to add to the pinned injury thread than create a stir with a new thread.

I didn't see it in the initial play, I was wondering if the puck was getting cleared and hit him but couldn't see anything other than him just going down. It wasn't until they showed the angle from the corner that you could clearly see Eberle slash him on the back of the ankle. That's probably hurting him today but isn't guaranteed to cause him to miss any time.

^ Yup.

Elliott Pap@ElliottPap

No Henrik at practice. No Brad Richardson. Jordan Schroeder between Booth and Kassian. Other 3 lines same as Edmonton game. #canucks

Schroeder in for now it looks like. Richardson took a big slash from Eberle in the back of the ankle (when he was struggling to get off the ice later in the game) so I'd guess he's taking a well deserved maintenance day. Henrik probably gets another game off at least, maybe back for the Coyotes on the weekend to get some retribution?

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff2m

#Canucks Schroeder says he's ready to go. Off IR. Wants to play. Waiting for word from coaches. Stanton says he's ready too

Don't mean to make so many threads in close succession to eachother but this is fairly large news for the Canucks. We knew they were practising but it's great to have confirmation that they'll be back for tomorrow against Nashville and Dubnyk

UPDATE:

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

1m

#Canucks Update: Jordan Schroeder will play for @UticaComets this weekend on a conditioning stint.

Probably posted in the Injury thread, I would hesitate on Schroeder before activating him. Multiple leg injuries in such close succession makes me think he should attend a few solid practice/scrimmage sessions first (yes I know he is) because even if a player says he is ready to go doesn't mean he is.

See Keslers last 2 seasons coming back when "he was ready"

And this just in:

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff

#Canucks Schroeder says he's ready to go. Off IR. Wants to play. Waiting for word from coaches. Stanton says he's ready too

I asked Schroder 10 minutes ago about whether he should start with Utica. He said he didn't want to. Guess it's not his call

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

Schroeder will play for Utica this weekend on a conditioning stint.

Archived