The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings 3-Luongo 1

D.Doughty

Nice game by Luingo,rest of the team looked like a scared first year peewee rep team for 3/4 of it.Shaking my head at Kassian how does he not shine in these kind of games I'm baffled.Props to Sestito for trying to impose his will.Terrible playoff matchup for Canucks IMO they better hope to avoid them.Rushed passes all night and no pushback.

Honestly, by the time Sestito ran over Williams it was something to be positive about. Ya, it was only 2-1 but we weren't winning that game.

This team needs some game changers, goal wise and physically. This team has limited mean-streak, too many "good guys" who won't cross that line that sometimes needs to be.

We just don't have a top line anymore, Sedins are either saving it for the playoffs or are on a steep decline.

Also, unless this team reacts to players crashing Luongo like the Kings did when Sestito crashed Quick, we are destined for a first round ko (if we get to the playoffs).

We have the best god damned pk in the league, take advantage of it by being "dirty" or at least violent when other teams crash Lu. Jesus f'n christ.

sedins just get pushed off pucks .. we will never win a stanley cup with them as a first line .. they'd be great as a second punch ,but we just don't have the talent or size thats needed ... I try to enjoy each game,,, even though I believe our chances of getting to the grail are slim to none ..

You hit it right on the head, I have been saying this for the last 3 years. Good news is we have them for 4 more years, so get use to this until Gillis wakes up. He has done nothing to improve this team.

I could care less how long you've been a Canucks fan. You're just saying things with absolutely no explanation and you're using words like Wannabes, which you must know pisses people off. So you're either being an idiot or trolling, I'll let you decide.

Wow - that's my only choices?

I have explained it time and time again all year.

We have mediocre defense.

We rarely clear the puck from our zone the first attempt - I kept track against the last Hawks game - 13 times for us and only once for them. That's brutal.

It also seems when that happens, we get scored on.

So no, I'm not being an idiot nor am I trolling.

I'll let you decide if you are blinded or really understand hockey.

It goes without saying that the vast majority of fans like the Sedins. But as we know they vanish at the most important times. Can't be a threat if you're rattled or decide to play hid and seek during the games that matter. We need some players on the 1st line that are worth 7 mil and keeping us in the game. GCG!

Sedins have absolutely no confidence and refuse to do anything productive to try to regain it. Unfortunate that this game is one Lu should have stolen for us. He was a beast.

It's pretty obv that Hansen with the twins actually makes them worse. Need burr back or throw kassian with them already

It has become painfully obvious that we cannot compete with this team with our current tactics. First period was fun to watch- we played the game the way they wanted to play it and showed incredible compete levels, it felt like watching a playoff game. Unfortunately, Sutter recognized that our goalie was on his game and got his boys to take the puck to the net hard in order to get him off his game. Our boys in response, did nothing other than collapse further back into our own end while the ice tilted back towards Lou in order to prolong the inevitable. That second period by our team was laughable. This is a team that, according to retired navy seal motivational speaker Don Devereaux, was "the most motivated group of guys he had ever encountered" ? Where was the motivation to defend Lou while he was standing on his head trying to keep us in the game ? And some of the blame has to lie at Torts' feet as well. I dont know how many coaches we have to go through before one realizes that you cannot keep the Sedins together against teams that play this style, it's too easy to smash them out of the game. I can't help but look back on that game (and a bunch of other recent games against L.A.) and feel that we keep getting out-coached by a Sutter. Inexcusable, he's not Scotty Bowman for Christ's sake.

Is Sestito the only one with the balls to go to the net hard.WTF.Each time Lou wasnt run we should have taken the puck straight at the net and at least got our pound of flesh.Team toughness is replying not perimeter play.That was weak.I wont blame the officials and take the high road but one of those runs at Lou should have been called.Anyways it was entertaining at least.

My thoughts exactly.

When Stoll completely bowled Lu over, not getting the interference call was BS. At that point, either somebody has to beat the pi$$ out of him (make him WISH he got a penalty), and/or someone has to go at Quick hard on the next shift.

With the message loud and clear that neither the Nucks or the zebras were going to do anything about it, the Kings just kept going at him. Brown even had the audacity to "accidentally on purpose" kick Lu in the head (after being thrown into the air by a slight bump from that behemoth Santorelli).

I miss Stanton...

Booths game=a day late and a dollar short.He just doesn't have the hockey smarts to be in the right place at the right time.

Although Booth has had some decent game recently, he was easily the worst player on the ice tonight. Always in the wrong spot, and when he got lucky and the puck found him, he made terrible decisions.

Sedins are not top line players anymore. They are on the decline and cannot raise their game in physical contests like this one. It is a no-brainer that they suck in the playoffs.

This team is not going to get past the first round, if they even make the playoffs. Changes must be made, and I hope Gillis is fired in the offseason, as he is largely responsible for this mess of a team.

The idea that the problem with the twins is there linemate= bunk. They are two 7 million dollar players. They should at least have good performances even if Hansen is a third liner. The Sedins aren't performing offense well under torts and even more so against physical teams. Put the Sedins on a team where there teammates dominate physically and the Sedins will play BIGGER. let's face it if you are a wimp and your walking down the street at night with two more wimps your still a wimp. If your a wimp walking down the street at night with two big tough guys then suddenly you aren't a wimp anymore. The Sedins are wimps (with all due respect)

The idea that the problem with the twins is there linemate= bunk. They are two 7 million dollar players. They should at least have good performances even if Hansen is a third liner. The Sedins aren't performing offense well under torts and even more so against physical teams. Put the Sedins on a team where there teammates dominate physically and the Sedins will play BIGGER. let's face it if you are a wimp and your walking down the street at night with two more wimps your still a wimp. If your a wimp walking down the street at night with two big tough guys then suddenly you aren't a wimp anymore. The Sedins are wimps (with all due respect)

yup! I would add that they are "aging wimps". I think they are great people and try as hard as they can but it doesn't change what they are or how they play. Gillis continues to roll the dice that the Sedins and a supporting cast of 3rd and 4th liners can take the Nucks to the promised land. THe result is a team that is on continual decline and reaching the point where it is no longer able to compete against the real contenders in the league.

My fear is that despite what MG says, he will attempt to make his vision a reality by hanging on to underperforming/declining assets while making moves that see our young assets relegated to the AHL or traded for more "projects".

Disappointing game, especially since I thought the 'Nucks looked like they were holding their own in the 1st.

I have to disagree a bit with the majority though. I think there were a few others besides Lou and Sestito that showed up to play. Kes, Tanev and Juice all looked engaged to me and I though Richardson actually had one of his better games. It looked to me like he really wanted to show his former team what he had. I think that's why Torts had him out there at the end of the game...

Archived