The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Game Topic] Canucks @ Ucks - 01.05.2014: No "D" Whatsoever

Brad Marchand

What the hell does balancing out power plays have anything to do with grossly incompetent league wide officiating?

God the stupidity around here with this issue just continues to grow.. I can't even..

Lol we complain game after game trying to get that extra pp and accomplish ABSOLUATELY nothing with it. People are just mad because the nucks couldn't generate any offense and take there anger out on the refs.

Picking and choosing when to call a goaltender interference penalty for starters..

If you wanna be one of those bury your head in the sans types about the officiating in this league be my guest... But don't expect anyone here think you intelligent when you seem plenty happy to pacify the situation like so many other sheep fans.

"Well it happens to other teams too so oh well I guess"

When people say that i always figured, its ok, lets keep the status quo.

Anaheim is not one of those teams, they still can't sell out a game even though they're one of the best teams in the league

It's an overall meme, in the subconscious of the officials. There's no doubt that the league wants teams in places like california, to do well.

Overall, some teams get more calls than other teams. Canadian teams are not among them.

It's just how the nhl works, one needs no more proof than games 4 thru 6 vs. chicago in 2011.

we need to run their goalie ... I can't believe the team is allowing this ... show some balls boys .. protect your own .. none messes with your goalie .. show them

This. It's getting out of hand. Kesler could have flatted Hiller when he came in front but he consciously avoided the blue paint. Torts chirps the refs looking for a call instead of getting even.

That just kicks in for the 2nd and 3rd period? Never heard of any flu like that lol

Yeah, it isn't rocket science.

Ever tried to go to work...you feel ok at first but as the day wears on you're completely depleted/done?

Eddie had the flu - fact.

Boston had the flu when we played them - fact.

Bieksa's snottin and spewing all over the place - fact.

So fine, if you don't believe that something that hits a great deal of the population in winter months is possible, that's your deal. But some of us know it's possible and all the signs hint at it.

Time to quit trolling.

What basis do you have for calling me a whiner? Show me the post you're referring to? Or are you just pulling insults out of your ass because I ruffled your feathers?

I see the "bad reffing can't be stopped, good teams get through it" excuse to be in the same class of thinking as the "when women get raped, it's their fault for dressing provacitively" crowd. Stop being so complacent with a clear wrong, which in this case is crappy reffing!

This might be one of the worst things I've read on this board.

To equate the argument the OP made with perpetuating a rape myth is insulting to both the OP and victims of sexual assault. You think that talking about a hockey game is equivalent to being the victim of one of the most heinous crimes imaginable?

Mods should ban this fu**job.

we need to run their goalie ... I can't believe the team is allowing this ... show some balls boys .. protect your own .. none messes with your goalie .. show them

Why play their dirty style? Don't see Chicago playing that way...Give your head a shake that wont change the shot count only give them a powerplay probably and then they will do it without Hamhuis help then we short both goalies and everybody will flip $h!t

Wow. Turning point of the season for me. 40 minutes of hockey, and two completely different teams.

I have HUGE doubts about this team making it to the playoffs now, when we can just drop off like that against a team that is a divisional opponent. Flat out embarassing period, and I don't believe we'll recover.

Two games, two run goalies, two losses.

Dude we're missing

1. Lou

2. Burrows

3. Edler

4. Stanton

5. Higgins

6. Shroeder

tell me how many other teams can afford to lose:

1. 2 all stars including their starting goalie

2. A clutch player that plays everywhere and is a top 6 (Burr)

3. Two very key dmen

4. Two key depth players

and all starters and still be in games vs the league's best

the nucks are fine they just need to find a way to battle through during this injury mess

Archived