The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]1 second

Blueberries

Ducks looked like they were on a pp the entire 3rd period...Just came at us in waves and Nucks were just holding on....Ducks missed a lot of sure goals as well. Only a matter of time before they tied it.

If not for Lack and missed chances, the Ducks should have had at least 7 goals

This team can't fundamentally score when they are down and can't defend the score when there are up.

And people expected something different from our last 2 playoff exits.....

I used to hate that we only ever used to make it to the second round. Now I LONG for the second round lol

if you think Gillis listens to the fans then shake your head

Malhotra was damaged goods after that year ( yes he is playing good now good for him but the 2011-2012 season made him expendable)

Torres wanted term and dollars

Ehhroff the same thing ( he is also a one trick offensive d-man who did squat in the playoffs)

Gaunce looks a Malhotra heir apparent. Horvat possibly another Kesler? Shinkaruk an upgrade on Raymond, offensively anyway. Kassian is def a good Torres replacement, lets call him that? Stanton could turn into a Hamhuis..., well close.

Really we only need an Erhoff replacement and some time...

I'm not flip flopping. I call the team out when they deserve it and defend them when they don't deserve to be called out.

Tonight was the last straw. How many times do we have to give up leads late in games before some changes are made? This is not a new occurrence, this has been going on for years.

And saying that I couldn't do a better job than Gillis isn't really a ringing endorsement of him. He's a general manager that is getting paid millions to make this team a contender. For the last 3 years he's done very little to really make that happen. Therefore he deserves to get called out with the rest of the team.

I'm also tired of this team having to play plugs when injuries hit because we have no depth in our system. That's on him too.

Yup, we gave up a lead late. But really we had no business being in that game. Its not the last straw, its been predictable for some time that this would happen against most good teams.

We cast our future the last 2 years spending to the max and not cutting losses on Ballard, Booth, our goaltending... So coming into this year we had to cut $7 mill from pay roll and plug holes. The time to question Giliis was when he was signing his 3rd big money LHS D, when he signed the 4th it was ridiculous. At the time, if i'm not mistaken many here on CDC were proclaiming we would have the best D in the league. I projected our D looked like a whole lotta guys with all the same skills. Now we're proclaiming our D is not good enough? The bottom line is we managed pretty good this summer considering how bad a situation we put ourselves in the past 2 years.

Remember, when we were giving up our young players and cap space for guys that did not work out...

We're doing alrite this year all things considered.

The team is missing Edler, Burrows, and now Higgins. Schroeder has yet to be seen. The team is also in a transition period. A few loses is not reason to blow it up or ship out the farm. Let the team play this out and in all likely hood you will be back to attacking any negativity whether it is warranted or otherwise. Time is an asset and one that it would be a shame to waist. No one makes substantial trades before they get in sight of the trade deadline. It is a long season my friend, give it time.

lol excuses, even when we were healthy, they were bad

The team is missing Edler, Burrows, and now Higgins. Schroeder has yet to be seen. The team is also in a transition period. A few loses is not reason to blow it up or ship out the farm. Let the team play this out and in all likely hood you will be back to attacking any negativity whether it is warranted or otherwise. Time is an asset and one that it would be a shame to waist. No one makes substantial trades before they get in sight of the trade deadline. It is a long season my friend, give it time.

It doesn't matter who the personnel of this team is, giving up games in the last few minutes has been happening to this team for years. They just can't hold a lead.

If Bieksa or Garrison are on the ice in the dying minutes of a playoff game when we're holding onto a one goal lead, we're in though shape.

It's not just one game, it's the culmination of brain fart moments that seem to be constant with this team.

Daniel looked like Bieksa skating out of his zone.

I knew he was gonna lose it as soon as I saw him skating casually.

It all comes down to mentality with this group. They still have this idea that they're a top team that can win on skill alone. They're not.

I don't know how many times Tortorella has to whip their a$$es into shape before they get it.

The Sedins have been mediocre since signing their new deals.

It doesn't matter who the personnel of this team is, giving up games in the last few minutes has been happening to this team for years. They just can't hold a lead.

If Bieksa or Garrison are on the ice in the dying minutes of a playoff game when we're holding onto a one goal lead, we're in though shape.

It's not just one game, it's the culmination of brain fart moments that seem to be constant with this team.

So what are you suggesting?

On a day where he celebrated his 26th birthday, Eddie Lack talks about the Canucks losing 4-3 in overtime to the Anaheim Ducks.

Poor fricken Lack. The guy played brilliant. He's the rookie, yet he has to pay the price for veterans not being able to do their job.

Burrows, Higgins, Kassian, Edler, Stanton.

Think about that before you rip this team apart.

the team is decimated by injuries, nobody can win with this many injuries to so many all stars. Sure Pittsburgh lost Orpik, Martin, Letang, Dupuis, Neal and Malkin for a stretch but overall that doesn't truly compare to what we lost.

a kinder gentler torts. for sure.

Almost sounds to me like a coach who has come to the realization that this year is not going to end up with a playoff run and is more about learning and just getting through.

THis team has been embarrassingly dominated by the better teams in the west and on a consistent basis. Time is running out and Torts knows it.

Archived