The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]1 second

Blueberries

This team is marginally better with them back. Don't think we'll magically be on level with the California teams with them back. Burrows had little to know influence when he was in the lineup and Edler was a sieve. This whole roster has a real poor mentality and it's showing.

This is closer to the truth than most of your usual negativity. You make a good point with the mentality. We improve the PP two games in a row yet the rest of our game suffers. It's looking like we can only focus on one thing at a time.

Of course more points would be nice. But come on,

2 top 6 FWs (Burrows, Higgins) out.

2 out 6 D (Edler, Stanton) out.

Back to back against LAK & ANA.

I like what I'm seeing. I think they're playing great hockey.

no, the goalies are bailing out a sub par effort, but it's not enough

It shouldn't have. The team gave up after the first and stopped skating at the end of OT. No way the Ducks should have scored that easy.

It wasn't a ref that gave that puck up at our blue line. Believe it or not it was one of our veteran core players. I won't bother mentioning his name due to the fact he embarrassed his brother Henrick Sedin.

Yea I thought about it......

Oh god, if only we had Edler's turnovers, Kassian's invisibility cloak (FYI HE PLAYED TONIGHT!!!!) and all of Burrows goals this season!!! What a top 6 forward he is in his old age.

No, f*** excuses, we're not good enough to compete with our divsion.....PHOENIX is giving us a run for our money in the standings.

Changes need to be made, or we rebuild. We can scrape together a winning record but it will only put us in a position for an average draft pick and crappy playoff position (i.e see Flames/Wild)

The reset, fortunately or unfortunately, is not blowing up the core.

The reset was, and is, managing the cap instead of trading for veterans like Derek Roy or signing Simon Gagne. Then acquiring more young positive assets (Stanton, Dalpe, Horvat) and keeping the ones we have (Kassian, Lack, Shinkaruk, Schroeder). Managing the cap meant getting Santorelli and Richardson, not Jagr, which has not been half bad.

The current problem is all that brings us cap space and good young players arriving next year. But we're just making do ATM, not running the ship to win now. Thats actually the plan, regardless of CDC admitting it.

The reset was a long term approach...

edit:but you are correct we are not a contender. Blowing up the team, however, would probably set the reset back 2 years or 3. As is, we are poised to make a move next year.

Of course more points would be nice. But come on,

2 top 6 FWs (Burrows, Higgins) out.

2 out 6 D (Edler, Stanton) out.

Back to back against LAK & ANA.

I like what I'm seeing. I think they're playing great hockey.

Higgins is a 3rd liner on a cup contender. Even if the team is 100% healthy we still don't have the firepower to compete with these teams.

We're an elite team who has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder. We can't contend unless a serious move is made, which we all know won't happen.

this - 100% this

our character is a mess, we need a drastic change to the core of this team, a shakeup

yes we have injuries

yes we are lacking a second line winger

but what's bad is how we are losing...the compete, the fight, the killer instinct is not in this team.

we are mentally fragile and have been since that loss in the cup...seriously need to think about moving

Edler for sure as we can get alot

Booth for sure if we can get anything or buyout

Higgins or Hansen because we might be able to get something/add value in a trade

Boston model was so 2011. Chicago model win with skill. Flip the switch, gun.

OUR model was perfect in 2011. But of course thanks to the pressure of the fans Gillis had to blow up a solid squad oozing with talent. We beat Chicago, San Jose and a solid defensive club in Nashville. The only thing that stopped us from winning the Cup was INJURIES. But of course that gets overlooked as a weak excuse.

apparently you missed the first period?

No I saw it. Dominating one period is different than dominating a game then giving it away.

The Ducks totally dominated the last two periods and fully deserved the win.

Lack stole the game. The Canucks gave away nothing.

Allowing 100 shots against for two games, while leading after the 1st. Lost both games toward the end in humiliating fashion while basically turtling.

That's also after getting smacked around, losing puck battles everywhere and having their best player (goalie) ran over multiple times and doing nothing about it.

I don't even know what kind of team this is anymore -- other than a utter JOKE.

Archived