The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nuckleheads 4-Penguins 5 (SO)

D.Doughty

Torts will not be happy and I'm dissapointed.

It's not the loss at all that bothers me it's the way that we lost. That was a statement game. We were right in the middle of a tremendous team builder and we blew it.

Thank the NHL and the stupid point system that we really don't lose much. At the end of the day we lost to an East team in OT and gained one point during a difficult stretch.

That's why I keep harping on people about skill in your top 6. In this game the Pens were able to put out very skilled players and we answered with Higgins. Nothing against him but in the last minute you'd like some better hands. Skill is not only measured in points, goals, fights, and underlying statistics. I mean he poked the puck right to the guy that set up the play for a wide open shot with 1 minute left.

Torts should have called a timeout.

Would have been great for Kassian to get the winner.

1 point is one point

we could have 4...

It is not how many points we`re getting but how we are playing. We are just not finishing teams off and that will be a real issue IF we make the playoffs

People keep talking about the playoffs. Does anyone really believe this team can winn 4 out of 7 against Chicago or Anaheim or LA or St Louis? What is the goal here? Getting in the playoffs because you never know what can happen? Well, people should know what will happen.

I was never a fan of AV but I don't remember the team blowing lead so often in one season when he was the coach. Only game that springs to my mind is the one Mitchell blew in game 3 against Chicago in 2010 (or was it 2009?). How many times have we blown the lead so late or give up a winner so late?

They had Chicago on the ropes in the 2011 playoff run and blew that lead.

I'd be fine with the Sedins being quiet all game if it meant they showed up at the key times like Crosby did today. Crosby, by his standards, had quite a poor game. But all is forgiven when you show up in the clutch.

We don't seem to believe in our own ablility to win anymore

absolutely pathetic, worse than the Anaheim game

enough with the excuses this team is not tired and nobody has the fracking flu, they had tons of energy in the 3rd period to get up 4-2 and then yet again allowed 2 quick goals and pissed it away. This stretch of games was supposed to define us, well it has,we are not elite and we're barely even a good team, good teams don't piss away 2 goal leads with less than a minute left I don't care who we're playing. won't be surprised if we lose the next 3 as well

going to be another 1 and done in the playoffs this year, if we make it.

Your all complaining about the Sedins? Ok trade them for say a bunch of prospects and then we become Edmonton because they are still getting us points and contrary to popular belief Kesler wont be able to drive the offence any more then he already does...

Short term it hurts us, but longer term it shortens the retool.

Doing nothing turns us into Edmonton within 3 years.

Some positivity though - if Luongo was in net against Anaheim and Pittsburgh we probably win both those games. Lack has made some good saves, but not timely saves like a veteran goalie would. Sure Luongo has coughed up leads before, but he's made more big saves than Lack when the games on the line. The 4-3 goal is a must-save and one that Lu would have made. The Perry game winner through the 5-hole is a very easy save too. Nothing against Lack, but these late game losses are partly due to goaltending and us not having our #1 in net.

I have to cry bull to this. Tonight, when it was 2-0 Lack made numerous point blank saves to keep the game within reach. He gave the team a chance and made timely saves. Is it Lack;s fault the team D broke down and left Crosby (how the F does that even happen) alone beside the net.

You have no idea what would have happened if Lu was in net unless your name is Kreskin. Lu has given up his share of five hole goals and lots of last minute weak ones. Your post is just a sad attempt to build up your hero at Lack's expense. note well disguised either.

That was a hell of a game and a gutsy performance coming back from 2-0 and taking that game over.

A deflection off Kesler and over Lack, and a fluky seeing eye goal onto the giftstick of the prima donna is not going to sog my cereal.

Shat happens, and sometimes it happens a few nights in a row.

This isn't going to break this team.

Great game. The team really stepped up tonight.

I agree, buddy. All teams go through this from time to time. Sucks but it happens. I just hope we can figure this late game stuff out soon.

Your all complaining about the Sedins? Ok trade them for say a bunch of prospects and then we become Edmonton because they are still getting us points and contrary to popular belief Kesler wont be able to drive the offence any more then he already does...

And how do they perform when it truly counts...........Tumbleweed.................... Tumbleweed......

Archived