The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Wade Redden announces retirement

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Classy, classy guy retires today in Wade Redden. Always made time for people. Very liked by his teammates. Very solid career.

A roller-coaster career comes to an end.

Indeed, it's funny when you think of it, how the post lockout era/rules would have been beneficial for a guy like him and damaging for a big guy like Chara. Actually there career went in opposite direction. Oh boy, did the Senator pick the wrong one to keep, have they.

And Drury.

Maybe we should start a thread about the careers Sather has killed over the years

To be fair to Sather, those players all requested those deals and sucked pretty hard for years afterwards. The players are to blame for their failures, not the guy who signed them.

Best wishes to him in the future..he certainly will have enough cash to do most anything he wants.

I remember watching Chara play in Prince George and when he made it to the NHL I figured whatever team got him would hold onto him for the rest of his career. Still scratching my head that the Senators kept Mr. Redden over the Big Z.

To be fair to Sather, those players all requested those deals and sucked pretty hard for years afterwards. The players are to blame for their failures, not the guy who signed them.

Actually, Sather handed Gomez ad Drury those contracts, Redden wanted a shade more money from Ottawa and Sather offered him a huge contract. Sather pre lockout was handing out some of the leagues largest and longest contracts. No hardball just hey big name UFA take my money

really? so when your boss decided to give you a big fat raise, you will decline that raise because it will be your fault that your boss give you a big fat life time contract that would set you up for the rest of the life?

you must be some sort of jesus or something

really? so when your boss decided to give you a big fat raise, you will decline that raise because it will be your fault that your boss give you a big fat life time contract that would set you up for the rest of the life?

you must be some sort of jesus or something

Nope, but then again, I work damn hard for the pittance I get paid and I take pride in being the best there is at my job. I'd work 120hr weeks for $5m per year.

Archived