The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HBO's "True Detective"

GLASSJAW

I'm left a tad bit unsatisfied with the finale.

The climax was very intense yes, and the whole set was totally Taxes Chainsaw Massacre on steriods. For once you are truly concerned with the safety of the leads. But the whole thing was cliche. Cops locate bad guys, cops fight bad guys, cops kill bad guys, cops down and out when the whole police department shows up to rescue.

They need to continue this story in the direction of tackling the child prostitution / torture ring some time in the future... but even that sounds cliche already.

100% agree. I really did not like this finale. Which I find disappointing because the show leading up to this climax was so good.

can't wait for season 2. i'm assuming it'll follow the 2 detectives that were investigating rust as they look deeper into the whole organization.

Well somebody hasn't been reading the thread lol!

No more Marty and Rusty!

No more Marty and Rusty!

i know Nic Pizzolatto is planning a completely different storyline with new characters and locations, but it would be great to see some other detectives (Papania and Gilbough??) exploring the cult's secrets with flashbacks and interviews on season 2. the final episode should've been more conclusive

No more Marty and Rusty!

i've been reading and watching, i never said anything about marty and rusty. I'm talking about the black detectives that were interrogating them, but i'd be fine with a completely different location/characters that find something similar and it all relates back to the first season in the end.

i've been reading and watching, i never said anything about marty and rusty. I'm talking about the black detectives that were interrogating them, but i'd be fine with a completely different location/characters that find something similar and it all relates back to the first season in the end.

Oh shuck I completely misread. I suck at reading in the morning.

Archived