The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund/Guesswork] Read at your own risk: Vancouver front-runner for E Kane

Visp

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Olli-Jokinen-and-the-Pens-Evander-Kane-inches-closer-to-Trade-Moulson/1/57164

I am just in the midst of the fins touches on the rumor chart...

Here are a few tidbits as the rumor season really is opening up....finally!

*The Penguins are looking at Moulson, and Ryan, but now, as their scope continues to widen, I am hearing the name Olli Jokinen...and I am curious if this might not be the best fit for the Penguins. Jokinen has been the picture of inconsistency throughout his career, but the idea of putting all the talent along side the great talent in Pittsburgh...that is extremely intriguing.

*I keep hearing Evander Kane's name mentioned around and it truly does baffle the senses that he could be elsewhere in the next 45 days. Montreal appears to be at the forefront today...can't even tell you how many people I talk to mentioned this today, but it has been almost too many. This after I was told the Sabres were making a huge push last week. Vancouver would still be my bet...but all 29 other teams are definitely keeping tabs. If the Jets do this right they will get some very, very key components.

* Martin Erat will likely NOT be heading back to Nashville, but the coyotes are one of the few teams that appears to have made some progress in talks with Washington.

*Matt Moulson on the other hand, add him to the radar of the Predators...who i also hear are interested in Andrew Ladd.. Moulson also has interest from the LA Kings.

more to come, back to working on the chart..

http://www.hockeybuz...Moulson/1/57164

I am just in the midst of the fins touches on the rumor chart...

Here are a few tidbits as the rumor season really is opening up....finally!

*The Penguins are looking at Moulson, and Ryan, but now, as their scope continues to widen, I am hearing the name Olli Jokinen...and I am curious if this might not be the best fit for the Penguins. Jokinen has been the picture of inconsistency throughout his career, but the idea of putting all the talent along side the great talent in Pittsburgh...that is extremely intriguing.

*I keep hearing Evander Kane's name mentioned around and it truly does baffle the senses that he could be elsewhere in the next 45 days. Montreal appears to be at the forefront today...can't even tell you how many people I talk to mentioned this today, but it has been almost too many. This after I was told the Sabres were making a huge push last week. Vancouver would still be my bet...but all 29 other teams are definitely keeping tabs. If the Jets do this right they will get some very, very key components.

* Martin Erat will likely NOT be heading back to Nashville, but the coyotes are one of the few teams that appears to have made some progress in talks with Washington.

*Matt Moulson on the other hand, add him to the radar of the Predators...who i also hear are interested in Andrew Ladd.. Moulson also has interest from the LA Kings.

more to come, back to working on the chart..

Really.....isn't this about 5 months to late?

Also as reported by Mackenzie and Dreger, Shero is trying to make room for Wheeler but Chevy doesn't want simple picks or prospects he wants blue chip and roster.

Montreal and Buffalo both have the picks prospects players to give up and still be competitive and rebuilding respectively. Vancouver (according to some on CDC) would need to gut its depth for Kane.

I can think of at least 5 other playoff teams that can offer comparable or better packages than Gillis for Kane and still be a serious playoff threat and about 10 more that can give more while still trying to make the playoffs

Really.....isn't this about 5 months to late?

Also as reported by Mackenzie and Dreger, Shero is trying to make room for Wheeler but Chevy doesn't want simple picks or prospects he wants blue chip and roster.

come on, give Eklund some credit.... Evander Kane = from Vancouver therefore the Canucks may be in the race to sign him! he is a genius! would have never thought to put those two together!

Im hearing Toronto is looking to add a key player who's from Ontario playing for a US team, I'll let you figure out who that is.

There are rumblings that Vancouver is looking to add for the playoff push, visit my site for more detials

Heard from a valid source that he expects a Canadian team to make a push at draft day, possible prospects may be drafted, stay tuned.

I expect that either Buf., Cal., Edm., Ott., Van., NYI., NYR., Tor., L.A., Ana., SJ., will be looking to fill some roster holes. Look for them to be talking to Col., Flo., TB., Was., and Pit.

And boom, thats how easy it is to be a insider. I am now a insider.

Is it just me or does the way EKlund posts( his) rumors reminds any of one of those hollywood gossip shows!its not rumors its gossip! Also duh like all the nhl teams aren't trying to land kane. E.kane in van (as long as it doesn't cost us kes or the twins or tanev) would be sweet though.

Im hearing Toronto is looking to add a key player who's from Ontario playing for a US team, I'll let you figure out who that is.

There are rumblings that Vancouver is looking to add for the playoff push, visit my site for more detials

Heard from a valid source that he expects a Canadian team to make a push at draft day, possible prospects may be drafted, stay tuned.

I expect that either Buf., Cal., Edm., Ott., Van., NYI., NYR., Tor., L.A., Ana., SJ., will be looking to fill some roster holes. Look for them to be talking to Col., Flo., TB., Was., and Pit.

And boom, thats how easy it is to be a insider. I am now a insider.

which Ontario player from US team?? I want to know more!

Corey Perry? maybe? what's your website??

VAN would to give up alot-at least Horvat or Shinkaruk. My guess is WPG doesn't budge unless Horvat is included. Would I do it? Yes and no. Horvat is a long term future franchise center for the team, but damn Kane could fill some glaring needs for the Canucks i.e. secondary scoring, more physical presence.

IMO he doesn't end up in VAN.

Horvat is not a franchise center.

It's to early to tell. The fact that he is great in his own end, wins a good percentage of his draws, goes to the net, goes to the dirty areas, great with his stick, fairly soft hands, and scores dirty goals already shows he is maturing fast.

I wonder how many people thought Markus Naslund was a franchise player. I mean he was traded for a bag of pucks. Drafted 16th overall. Yet I see his number hanging from the rafters.

It's a crapshoot and your not a psychic.

My guess a deal with Winnipeg would be

To Vancouver

Kane

To Winnipeg

Hansen

Tanev

Jensen/Gaunce

1st round pick

They will likely want young, cheap, quality talent along with picks and prospects.

It would be a lot to give up but a good trade for both teams. I could also see Winnipeg throwing in some depth like Thorburn & Pardy.

It would be really tough to lose Tanev, he's young and he's shown that he can be that shutdown defensemen. He's also starting to progress with his skills offensively, he moves the puck quick and makes smart passes and he's improving on his shot. I believe that once he gets better offensively, he will be a very valuable part of this team.

come on, give Eklund some credit.... Evander Kane = from Vancouver therefore the Canucks may be in the race to sign him! he is a genius! would have never thought to put those two together!

Pretty much. He likes it here, played with the Giants, gets along well with Don Hay, etc. so why wouldn't it be Vancouver? It sure doesn't hurt that they're a huge fan base and it'd drive traffic to my site! Well, it wouldn't be us because our package likely wouldn't be as good as others and Kane doesn't have an NTC to control where he goes to.

The one thing I could see is if teams are scared off at all by his attitude/personality and we come up with a reasonable offer as a result. It could be that Vancouver (and having Don Hay close) is what helps him be more professional and get to the next level, but that's a little too far fetched for me.

I can see us asking for sure, but I doubt anything comes of it more than Gillis finding out the Chevy wants a huge return.

I think the jets will want something like this

Shinkurak

Tanev

Jensen/ 1st

I agree that Shinkaruk makes sense, since he'd give the Jets a top scoring prospect and would be redundant with us getting Kane.

Tanev doesn't make sense for them however.

I can understand the argument for Edler to some point, where their left side doesn't have quite the same talent at the top beyond Enstrom, but on the right they have Buff (who wants to play D), Bogosian and Trouba. They also have Paul Postma if he can get healthy again and Zach Redmond for depth on the right, so I don't know that they look for a right hander unless they're absolutely sure they're keeping Buff at forward. Even then, someone like Edler would balance their line up better if they did go that route.

Archived