The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT van loses to queens

Cucumber

Great effort. I know everyone is glowing because the Canucks finally played tough against the Kings.

But here is my problem. Why does a veteran team need such motivation to play hard? Luongo gets run and they didn't respond in that game. They spend ten days hearing about it and they really did respond last night. However, you would think the fact that the Kings have owned the Canucks for three seasons now might be enough motivation to get up? They are 0-4 against an OK team and have 4 goals in those games. I don't buy that the Kings are that great. They can't score anymore than the Canucks and there PP is almost as bad.

I guess I should just enjoy the toughness and effort of last night but why do we so rarely see that kind of effort? I'm not talking about the retribution or the fighting or the dirty plays. Where is that hard work and fight, night in and night out? Obviously you can't run around like they did last night every game but a game like this just exposes what they put out on other nights and infuriates me. It's game 47. Why is it taking until game 47 to see the fire?

I know, shut up and enjoy it but it doesn't change anything. What happens on Wednesday? They don't have any ill will towards the Ducks as far as I can tell and that team is really good. Got the Canucks by 17 points and 11 ROWs already. I hope we see some fire again but I guess I just need to see this more than once a month or so.

Even though we lost, this was a statement game - moreso than beating the Blues. Sure it was HUGE in terms of the standings, but I'm happy to see us throw a game here and there if it means we demolish our rivals physically. Torts knew what he was doing, throwing Sestito on the twins line right after they got run - and he responded.

If there's one thing we should have learned from todays game its that our PK is fantastic, and will let our players take runs at other guys. This is how Boston and Chicago won Cups during their times - they would take these cheap shots and go after stars, and their PK would bail them out. In the playoffs, what Sestito did is probably a 2 minute minor. See Marchand.

At least guys we showed them that we won't get run over like in past years.

who gives a rat's ass, score some effin goals!

Big effin deal, we won't get pushed around, hell that's worth what? oh, ya ZERO POINTS in the standings, ZERO CHANCE of getting out of the first round.

GMMG, be proud, your small semi skilled team with so many core players locked to lengthy contracts will bite us in the ass for years to come.

tough break they couldnt slide one past quick. lots of stuff could be said about the game. like a post in the first period. some questionable reffing, missed calls (both ways), easy goal for kings that they should have scored in the first place but luckily got a second chance out of it. etc. but none the less it was a great game.

canucks do need to create points so unfortunately this lose is just as harsh as the rest of them. but the fact they didnt lose like a bunch of softys helps numb the pain for a bit. im not sure how much more game analyzing a person can do..the canucks won the game in just about every aspect except for the scoreboard. a tough break indeed.

However i will say...Team Canada Olympian, Dan Hamhuis, really enjoy watching the guy play but besides the obvious pinch that led to the goal, he had a number of bad giveaways which they are lucky didnt turn out any worse.

Despite losing, Vancouver actually looked like they belong on the same ice as the Kings last night instead of getting run out of the building after all the tomfoolery of the first two periods.

I have to think Edler coming back certainly helped as he was a freaking tank all night. When Edler plays like he did last night, it's easy to see why he's such an important part of the d-corps.

If that was the Canucks statement game, is the statement:

When we are pushed, we'll break. We'll freak out, and lose our composure. We'll play in to your strengths, because we'd rather take a cop out like saying we won a moral victory than actually fighting through adversity and coming up with a valuable win by sticking to the plan.?

Found it more gutless than courageous.

Haven't been this disappointed in the team in a long time.

When we are pushed, we'll break. We'll freak out, and lose our composure. We'll play in to your strengths, because we'd rather take a cop out like saying we won a moral victory than actually fighting through adversity and coming up with a valuable win by sticking to the plan.?

Mgmt issue....this team cant score....are u ignoring this fact?

Best game played by the Canucks this year. Too bad it ended in a loss.

Real proud of the effort. If we're gonna lose, I want to see us lose like this.

Would have liked to see them pull out the W but an unreal effort. Can't say a single bad thing about any player tonight. Everyone showed up and everyone gave it their all.

Best game played by the Canucks this year. Too bad it ended in a loss.

Real proud of the effort. If we're gonna lose, I want to see us lose like this.

Would have liked to see them pull out the W but an unreal effort. Can't say a single bad thing about any player tonight. Everyone showed up and everyone gave it their all.

Beautiful response by the Nucks. Only a 1-0 game people, not like they got blown out. I will gladly take a loss that sees that feline Nolan get ads whooped, brown get the crap kicked out of him and Quick get bitch slapped. Worth it. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand hockey dressing rooms.

Anyone want to bet that POS Nolan won't be running Henrik again? Twice now he's had the crap kicked out of him for it. Next game Sestito should run Kopitar. Nice to see the fire in Kassian's belly this game. THAT is what is needed from him. Toothless aggression.

Absolutely the opposite for me.

I don't think that I've ever felt as good about a shutout loss as I did about last night. The team finally stood up and said "We're not going to just turn the other cheek anymore. You push us, we're going to push back".

The defense was good and Edler showed exactly why he's been missed so badly since his injury. The PK was fantastic. (Now if we can just get the other half of the special teams going...)

Bottom line for me: The team played a good road game and stood up to a team that has been used to pushing them around for three years now. The Kings got the one bounce last night that the Canucks didn't, but were also shown for the cowards they are.

As he sits in Starbucks sipping a no caff no fat latte while wearing a Dickie and a monocle.

The zebras lost control of the game when they didn't call Nolan for charging/kneeing. For the rest of the night, they were trying to get it back, mostly at our expense (i.e. the bs misconducts on Kassian). We either had to take matters into our own hands or take it from LA: better that we fought back and made our own justice, even if we lost. If the league doesn't like it, look no further than the corrupt and incompetent refereeing. The question is now whether LA can stand up to us when we play like that because we beat them physically last night. That's a nice turn-around from how it's been recently, and something I'm willing to sacrifice two points for.

However i will say...Team Canada Olympian, Dan Hamhuis, really enjoy watching the guy play but besides the obvious pinch that led to the goal, he had a number of bad giveaways which they are lucky didnt turn out any worse.

Yeah, Hamhuis is not the same player he was during his first 2-3 years here. Ever since the playoffs last year, he's lost that steadiness and reliability. Not sure how to explain it, but it's for real.

Not sure I like the optics of Hank deliberately wafting his arm at Brown's head (if he's suspended does that break the IronMan streak?) but Brown went down like he'd been shot with a harpoon. What a complete female cat that cheapshot artist is. He makes me sick.

Lol that was the playoffs two years ago. Playoff games do not count toward the iron man streak

People now feel good about giving stacked Cali teams 12 minutes of PP time in the 1st period, losing games, and getting shutout simply because the Canucks fought a couple times and played without any discipline.

It's sad how much damage those little love-tap punches Daniel Sedin ate in finals has done to everyone's psyche.

Archived