The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours.

Warhippy

Wow, great lists there describing the teams ... but geez, anyone that doesn't see our list of NTC's as a problem is off the motherfluffin rocker. We are one of the only teams that are handicapped by it besides perhaps, NJ, Toronto, Chicago, Dallas, and maybe the Jets. Everyone else is set, has money players in those positions, at low salaries, or just doesn't have many of them (10 is a far cry from 7 when it's out of 20). Ouch.

As the article mentions. We got get rid of a top 4 D.

sounds like if anaheim wanted one of our d men, it would be bieksa. i would prefer to keep bieksa to help corrado make his way to full time nhler. Maybe Corrado can get a bit more aggressive and hit like bieksa.

? :huh:

Bieksa can fight and he competes hard, but he's not a big hitter. And we don't have depth on the right side, save odd man out Weber...

We would move a LHD...

? :huh:

Bieksa can fight and he competes hard, but he's not a big hitter. And we don't have depth on the right side, save odd man out Weber...

We would move a LHD...

Ya i dont want to move him, but he is the kind of playoff denfenceman anaheim is after. I would prefer to move a lhd 1st though. And maybe a forward. If things dont change we have to look at moving other ppl this summer or during next year

Dear God, we can only hope the Aquilini isn't tired of all the ribbing he's getting from his buddies down at the Vancouver Club about how sad this team is and that he isn't in Gillis' ear pushing him to make a deal at the deadline to "help" us make the playoffs.

OEL has been reduced to a DNP since Edler came back from suspension.

Wow!

Eye opener regarding his real value...

I'll say. He looked pretty comfortable out there today as well. If it is Edler here is to hoping he just increases his value winning a silver against Team Canada ;)

OEL has become officially overrated?

I'm not going that far. Team Sweden and Ottawa are amongst very few teams that already have a better option handling the puck than OEL.

Considering they already have that puck handling component, inserting a mobile 215 lb defender (yes Edler is better at defending than OEL) is a pretty good option.

With luck Gillis is on the phone like a madman now gauging interest.

Losing to the Buds; who are pretty hot lately, tomorrow should be a serious benchmark for the team. If something isn't done following the Olympics after that I will have completely mailed in what little faith I have left in this current core.

I listened to Doug MaClain (sp) and he was stating that all GM were hitting the phones heavy and he expect Mike Gillis to make a blockbuster trade. Agree or not i think it's quite likely Vancouver makes such a move, selling for the future.

I listened to Doug MaClain (sp) and he was stating that all GM were hitting the phones heavy and he expect Mike Gillis to make a blockbuster trade. Agree or not i think it's quite likely Vancouver makes such a move, selling for the future.

Hope your right. :)

I doubt hes going to make a blockbuster deal for longterm betterment at the deadline...Nobody has the capspace for it so more then likely if that kind of move was made would be offseason

I think you're quite right. What people are failing to see is the once vaunted nightly sell out has becmone a marathon of ticket giveaways to keep the building full, 2 years ago it was 500 tickets a game were set aside for contests and promotions. LAst year 1000-1500 and this year an average of 3000 tickets a game are being handed over because they cannot sell them.

Gillis has to do something to increase attention as fans are tuning out

I doubt hes going to make a blockbuster deal for longterm betterment at the deadline...Nobody has the capspace for it so more then likely if that kind of move was made would be offseason

Actually more than a few teams have a substantial amount of space right nor via LTIR or simply just handing back an ugly contract.

If say Edler to Anaheim made sense they've a D man on LTIR and the space to do it. Detroit could ask us to take back Samuellson or Tootoo.

There are more than a few teams with the need for en D man and the space to do it

There's some cap space and/or LTIR "space" out there and as WH pointed out, we'd likely be taking some sort of salary back.

But would anyone consider a package of say Hansen, Tanev + as "blockbuster" enough? I'd wager a package starting with those two would have a pretty nice return and wouldn't require much cap space....

Actually more than a few teams have a substantial amount of space right nor via LTIR or simply just handing back an ugly contract.

If say Edler to Anaheim made sense they've a D man on LTIR and the space to do it. Detroit could ask us to take back Samuellson or Tootoo.

There are more than a few teams with the need for en D man and the space to do it

Guess I just don't see what they would offer/what we would take...Because fans say this works does not mean the GMs do...I wouldent touch Anaheim with Edler and deal with the long/short term problems with that and viceversa...You would want Etem right? I have a feeling soon as is a UFA he returns to California to stay close to home...Could stay but that is a factor that has to be looked at

Detroit has already said they are not interested in trading their youth...So they send maybe 1 of Tatar/Nyqvist/Mantha/some other+a pick+cap dump...Not sure I bite

When looking at the entire picture everything has a lot of ifs but those ifs have an effect on every single deal in the NHL teams need to make sure it makes them better longterm/shortterm(whichever it is that's needed)

There's some cap space and/or LTIR "space" out there and as WH pointed out, we'd likely be taking some sort of salary back.

But would anyone consider a package of say Hansen, Tanev + as "blockbuster" enough? I'd wager a package starting with those two would have a pretty nice return and wouldn't require much cap space....

Ya that package be interesting but do we want to move Tanev? Depending on the deal I would consider it

I would consider it a blockbuster for us fans in regards to what we are losing as at that point in time we'd most likely be taking back an established player under contract which is far and away from what we need to be doing.

Bringing in anyone over the age of 25 is a step back for this club at this point in my opinion.

Especially if it means losing Tanev who in truth while redundant at times is indeed our most solid D man and has so much upside it's ridiculous.

I don't want to start questioning what hansen and Tanev as a package could get or what they'd net in return alone. But I don't think that is where this team should be going. especially as Tanev looks like he could be a solid mentor for any upcoming young D prospects we have and has a solid contract.

Alternatively if Gillis has started mroe contract talks with Tanev and it is not looking good I could indeed see him being shipped out

wait till the off season to move any of our big pieces, cap goes up alot, allows alot of teams to re assess their team and make a decision then.

i like prospects from certain west teams, but i would hope if we move anyone they go back east, that way those guys dont burn us in our own divison or conference with the potential for an early playoff round matchup

Archived