The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli for Selke?

#17forlife

Okay.. so I understand that's not going to realistically happen, given Santorelli's status in the nhl, and that there are other forwards that contribute more to their teams, and who will get the nominations given their status.

But I mean you have to admit that he is playing amazing two-way hockey. He makes use of the minutes that he is given, his back checking has led to many takeaways. His ability to play up or down the lineup is good, and if teams want to challenge for the cup they need good role players like him.

I'm hoping that we re-sign him!

I think he deserves it over Kes. But neither will get nominated.

If anyone on the Nucks is up for the Selke it'll most likely be Kesler again. I'd love to see him win.

This. Santa has had a superb season but will probably runner up Kes for the selke. For all you haters saying some Blackhawks goon will win, just remember who you claim to be cheering for. We need to stand behind the team and give them the confidence they deserve!

Go Canucks go

I can easily see Kesler getting nominated, but Toews will get it.

Kes has been on the ice for a very high % of our goals recently. Unless he rips it up in the 2nd half of the season then I don't think he's in the equation for Selke.

Edit: You can argue that Kesler gets slightly tougher minutes than Santorelli.

This. Santa has had a superb season but will probably runner up Kes for the selke. For all you haters saying some Blackhawks goon will win, just remember who you claim to be cheering for. We need to stand behind the team and give them the confidence they deserve!

Go Canucks go

Toews is a goon?

We all support/cheer the Canucks but that doesn't stop us from having an intelligent conversation...

Archived