The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gdt Canucks vs Phoenix 6pm

Chauncey

Hammer team Canada Curse? been horrid since making the team. three Goal in three games ( on his own net)...

Maybe sit him for a few shifts. maybe those 30 min a night games are catching up to him.

Hamhuis will score in the Olympics trouble is it will be in his own net.

What was team Canada thinking picking him for the team.

I seems the Canucks need to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade right now.

so many talking about trading Kassian or Edler etc. The Sedins and Kesler suck! Sedins haven't scored this month! There has been a revolving door of support cast and wingers for the Twins and Kesler and nobody ever seems to work out THe common denominator is those core players.

For whatever reason, the core has declined in performance since 2011. Its like the heart got sucked out of them or they got some kind of disease. THey are emotionally fragile, inconsistent, lacking in passion. New blood and new leaders are needed for this team to turn it around.

What happened to our PP?

How could we be tops in the league or near the top a few years ago with the same core, and now we can't shoot straight? I don't get it. They are not moving around at all. D just shoots into the legs of their D.

Lets face it Daniel's game has deteriorated. Ever since the Keith hit. You just don't see Sedinery anymore.

Hank is still pretty good, but Daniel isn't there to create the constant wizardry. Sad to see.

Another thing I've noticed is that Daniel doesn't try to dangle into the center of the ice to open up shooting lanes.

so many talking about trading Kassian or Edler etc. The Sedins and Kesler suck! Sedins haven't scored this month! There has been a revolving door of support cast and wingers for the Twins and Kesler and nobody ever seems to work out THe common denominator is those core players.

For whatever reason, the core has declined in performance since 2011. Its like the heart got sucked out of them or they got some kind of disease. THey are emotionally fragile, inconsistent, lacking in passion. New blood and new leaders are needed for this team to turn it around.

I completely agree.

I'm at the game... Ridiculously boring hockey. Booth seems like the only one that even wants to be here. Sedins look like they're both sleepwalking. Edler should've had a conditioning assignment. Awful hockey.

I went to a Vancouver, Phoenix game in Vancouver last season and it was pretty bad too.

Can someone help me out with this one here. So if the Phoneix guy (can't remember his name) cross checked Henrik. The next time Phoenix touches the puck the play should be dead and the trip from Daniel doesn't exist.

Shouldn't we have had a 5 on 3?

yes...exactly...but clearly the back ref called the x check after he realized the nucks were going to get penalized for his lack of a whistle...

nhl reffing at its finest again

Anybody want to count how many of our shots are either from two feet from the blue line or two feet from the blue paint? I'm calling a 7:1 ratio compared to shots anywhere else on the ice.

What's the point, no one on this team can shoot from there.

What happened to our PP?

How could we be tops in the league or near the top a few years ago with the same core, and now we can't shoot straight? I don't get it. They are not moving around at all. D just shoots into the legs of their D.

Lets face it Daniel's game has deteriorated. Ever since the Keith hit. You just don't see Sedinery anymore.

Fully agree, but the real question is, What happened to the Canucks?

It's the whole team that is making mistakes all over the ice.

They have had no drive since that game 7 it seems like and can never get up for games. Makes no sense

Extended Stanley Cup loss hangover I guess? Ever since that 2012 Boston regular season win.... Downhill. Such a fragile minded team... Can't play under pressure, can only have emotional games against Boston and Chicago (Not including LA because it was for a whole different reason), has no identity anymore....

Gillis needs to take action and move some of this fragile core if he wants to follow his get "bigger and younger" strategy. I'm still hoping he'll pull something off at the deadline for one of the 4 core d-men to go for O'Reilly or some Hansen type players + the 1st for Kane, etc... That's a move that can completely revitalize a core and get the team going... a guy like Kane is a cocky mofo that plays a feisty, gritty game and could bring this team's confidence back.

I could vision Kane even getting the Sedins going again, since he'd actually be a player that would fit with them and has actual elite level skill, something they've never played with except for Eriksson in the Olympics.. and look how well they did with him..

If this team is not going to trade the Sedins, Gillis has to get guys to make it work with them. They're no longer players that can make scrubs 25-30 goal scorers but I know they could make a 30 goal scorer a 40 goal scorer.

Gillis has to have the balls to actually give this team an identity and not be lost on what direction they want to go.

Sick and tired of waiting around while players get older, they lose their value, no moves made to either A: Shake up the core that has 1 playoff win in the last 2 years or B: Compliment them so they can actually get it done.

We'll see what happens at the trade deadline and I hope something gets done but I'm losing hope every day that this team will be a contender again in the near future.

Archived