The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun] Canucks covet O'Reilly and will deal defense to aquire him

Southpop45

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/1/17/are-the-sedin-twins-old-and-useless-now-well-no-but

It past midnight the slipper has fallen off an there are no answers to power play even strength scoring,and scoring in general a new jersey style trap in nuetral zone kills us.team speed is no longer a factor an fat contracts for players not really capable of competing in west.if we are not serious about grabing O'Rielly or a stashny or kane. It s time to sell off some parts an ready for summer retool, if we can keep Kesler an find hom one line mate an throw horvat on line next yr we may compete, come on Mike Gillis no more band aide fixes

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/1/17/are-the-sedin-twins-old-and-useless-now-well-no-but

It past midnight the slipper has fallen off an there are no answers to power play even strength scoring,and scoring in general a new jersey style trap in nuetral zone kills us.team speed is no longer a factor an fat contracts for players not really capable of competing in west.if we are not serious about grabing O'Rielly or a stashny or kane. It s time to sell off some parts an ready for summer retool, if we can keep Kesler an find hom one line mate an throw horvat on line next yr we may compete, come on Mike Gillis no more band aide fixes

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• photo-thumb-85848.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

star_big.png

POPULAR

Edler for O'Reilly

Booth, 2nd for Campbell at 50%

Tanev, Hansen, Jensen, 1st, 2nd for Kane in the summer

Roster outline for next year

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Kane - O'Reilly - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Kassian

Gaunce - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Campbell - Garrison

Stanton - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Yes please. That's the type of 'rebuild on the fly' we need.

Edited by Pears, 16 January 2014 - 04:26 PM.

Kane - O'Reilly - Kesler

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Richardson - Lain - Santorelli

Campbell - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Stanton - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Edler for O'Reilly

Booth, 2nd for Campbell at 50%

Tanev, Hansen, Jensen, 1st, 2nd for Kane in the summer

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Kane - O'Reilly - Burrows

Gaunce - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Campbell - Garrison

Stanton - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Yes please. That's the type of 'rebuild on the fly' we need.

Trading for star players is the opposite of rebuilding, by the way.

Detroit picked Landon Ferraro one spot ahead of O'Reilly. Carolina picked Philippe Paradis at 27th overall. Dallas picked Scott Glennie at 8th. Your point?
I'd rather have Landon Ferraro btw. But the Canucks picked a 2nd or 3rd round undersized type of player in the first round and then started pointing at Martin St. Louis. As if Martin St. Louis is the norm.

ROR came straight from junior into the league. I'm not sure how he fell so far in the first place. Oh wait, it's because the draft is rigged.

I guess the point is that we could've easily had ROR, who was a much better pick at the time, for free instead of having us talk about spending large trade-wise to get him now.

I don't see Schroeder finishing his career as a Canuck certainly. I'm wondering why we drafted him in the first place. Tired of the obvious bad picks being propped up by our 'there, there, he's not THAT weak' reasoning by those who had a love-in for Kyle Wellwood.

But hey I could be wrong here and Schroeder will become the next Martin St. Louis for us. (Not bloody likely.)

I'd rather have Landon Ferraro btw. But the Canucks picked a 2nd or 3rd round undersized type of player in the first round and then started pointing at Martin St. Louis. As if Martin St. Louis is the norm.

ROR came straight from junior into the league. I'm not sure how he fell so far in the first place. Oh wait, it's because the draft is rigged.

I guess the point is that we could've easily had ROR, who was a much better pick at the time, for free instead of having us talk about spending large trade-wise to get him now.

I don't see Schroeder finishing his career as a Canuck certainly. I'm wondering why we drafted him in the first place. Tired of the obvious bad picks being propped up by our 'there, there, he's not THAT weak' reasoning by those who had a love-in for Kyle Wellwood.

But hey I could be wrong here and Schroeder will become the next Martin St. Louis for us. (Not bloody likely.)

What the hell are you talking about? Many scouts had Schroeder in the top 10 and in fact many "experts" including those here on CDC said we had a steal picking him 24th in the 1st round. But now, after many years, you come to the conclusion he is a bust even though he hasn't played much? Its easy to say we should've picked O'Reilly now that he is proven while Schroeder is not, any idiot could tell us that. Maybe you should be the scout next time and pick for the Canucks, then we will call you an idiot when the guy busts. Hindsight is 20/20...

PS..We could've also drafted Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Kopitar, Nischushkin etc. Just imagine, we could've been a dynasty.

I recall Calgary saying the exact same thing About Martin St Louis before they just let him go. And then cried themselves to sleep a few short years later as he lit them up in the finals while hosting a cup over a bed of their fallen tears

I recall Calgary saying the exact same thing About Martin St Louis before they just let him go. And then cried themselves to sleep a few short years later as he lit them up in the finals while hosting a cup over a bed of their fallen tears

Maybe Schroeder is a late bloomer and will show us his Martin St. Louis side very soon.

Maybe Schroeder is a late bloomer and will show us his Martin St. Louis side very soon.

Took marty a few years to really break out. He was written off really quickly by more than a few people and he didn't enter the league as a young rookie either

What the hell are you talking about? Many scouts had Schroeder in the top 10 and in fact many "experts" including those here on CDC said we had a steal picking him 24th in the 1st round. But now, after many years, you come to the conclusion he is a bust even though he hasn't played much? Its easy to say we should've picked O'Reilly now that he is proven while Schroeder is not, any idiot could tell us that. Maybe you should be the scout next time and pick for the Canucks, then we will call you an idiot when the guy busts. Hindsight is 20/20...

PS..We could've also drafted Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Kopitar, Nischushkin etc. Just imagine, we could've been a dynasty.

I'm saying the 'experts' who overlooked his size here were drinking too much Canuck koolaid.

'He was a steal!' No he wasn't. He fell in the draft for a good reason. (Just like Shinkaruk did. And look, Shinkaruk has a major injury shortly afterwards. Apparently he was hurting when we drafted him. Hooray, what a steal!)

Shroeder needed elite... elite... skill to pan out as an effective undersized scorer in the NHL and he doesn't have that. Hell, he can't even turn quickly with nobody around him without falling down. So what's his role going to be? Showcased tradebait? Oh, wow.

And it's always 'well, dats hindsight.' Is it though? Not really. To me the problem is the Canucks' lack of foresight at the time. We had simply drafted the wrong player, based on size alone. Not all their fault though, as the draft is rigged. But i could do without the shill work on an obviously horrendous draft pick, year after year after year.

I'm no scouting expert, but if an undersized guy falls and falls and falls in the draft, yeah, i'm going to PASS!!!!

Archived